PDA

View Full Version : AC2 cut-scenes

eagleforlife1
10-04-2011, 04:49 AM
In some AC2 cut-scenes you were told to press a certain button to interact.

I was a little dissapointed to see these removed in ACB.

I was just wondering what everybody else thought of them.

There was a moment in Venice where it went to a cut-scene and whilst listening to the dialogue I was also texting and so not looking at the screen. When I had finished texting I saw Leonardo with his arms open waiting to embrace Ezio and it said press square to interact. I quickly tried to press square but wasn't quick enough and Leonardo turned away as if he'd just been shunned by Ezio.

I felt that these things whether you chose to press the button or not added to Ezio's character and to the immersion of the game as you always had to be on your toes.

I was just wondering what other thought of these moments.

Blind2Society
10-04-2011, 04:54 AM
I liked these as well though would get annoyed when I missed them for various reasons.

TorQue1988
10-04-2011, 04:57 AM
I also loved those moments and i don't know why they removed them...i remember another one when Antonio gives you a cup of coffee,and of course the famous undressing of Cristina ones http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Blind2Society
10-04-2011, 05:13 AM
There was one other I think where you put you hand on Antonio's shoulder. I think that was all of them.

JJTHoukes
10-04-2011, 05:42 AM
And the one where you double-assassinate the guards that are holding you?

Quick time events.
Personally, as long as they don't have concequences, I don't mind them.

Blind2Society
10-04-2011, 05:48 AM
Oh yeah that one too. *facepalm*

TorQue1988
10-04-2011, 07:35 AM
And the one when you get to punch Claudia's cheating boyfriend in the nose (don't remember his name).

playassassins1
10-04-2011, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by TorQue1988:
And the one when you get to punch Claudia's cheating boyfriend in the nose (don't remember his name).

His name is Ducio and you get to beat him up in the da vinci disapearence again

LightRey
10-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by playassassins1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TorQue1988:

His name is Ducio and you get to beat him up in the da vinci disapearence again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
and eventually he dies of rabies.
kinda serves him right to die such a humiliating death.

Toxotes47
10-04-2011, 12:47 PM
There was also one where you show the hidden blade to paola. Personally I very much liked them. They were a small but nice addition.

Calvarok
10-04-2011, 01:27 PM
They were Meh at best. I am so tired of quicktime events. If they want us to interact with a cutscene, it should at least be in a gameplay way: what you do in-game should change how a cutscene pans out.

SleezeRocker
10-04-2011, 01:46 PM
They were small but somewhat fun.
Except if I missed a QTE it made (me) Ezio look like an Ace...so eh bring em back or not, it's all good for me.

SixKeys
10-04-2011, 01:53 PM
I hate quick-time events. Was so glad to see them removed from ACB. It really breaks the immersion when you're watching a scene unfold, like watching a movie, and if you're distracted for just a few seconds, you will miss out on something.

itsamea-mario
10-04-2011, 01:59 PM
They weren't really propper quick time events though.
And I liked them, kept you on edge, I especially liked the ones where your being held and the one where you're holding a box dressed as a guard.

ProletariatPleb
10-04-2011, 02:07 PM
I never liked those Quick Time Events in AC2, I mean when I watch a cutscene, I wanna relax, (I play on PC) leave my keyboard and mouse, stretch myself a bit and enjoy the cutscene, suddenly a button prompt appear I had to hurry and remember what to press and miss out the scene. Also regretting what I couldn't press on time...

LightRey
10-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by sidspyker24:
I never liked those Quick Time Events in AC2, I mean when I watch a cutscene, I wanna relax, (I play on PC) leave my keyboard and mouse, stretch myself a bit and enjoy the cutscene, suddenly a button prompt appear I had to hurry and remember what to press and miss out the scene. Also regretting what I couldn't press on time...
Same here. I thought they were a bit pointless and it's annoying if you just wanna take the time to sit back and relax.

naran6142
10-04-2011, 08:26 PM
it was nice to explore some more options in the cut scenes but i dont miss them