PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 and PS3 >>DEVLOPERS READ<<

titoj
10-21-2009, 02:54 AM
IS there a chance this game can be made for XBOX 360 or PS3. The reason I ask is because I think that this game is very popular and extreamly fun! As an owner of Xbox 360 sorry to say there are no good sub sim's like silent hunter.

Currently I play silent hunter 4 on my PC but the new game I think the system requirement will exceeded my PC's performance. It is because of this fact that I switched to console. Prior, every time a good game came out my gaming pc couldn't handle it or was just shy of being able to handle it. I got a console to rid this problem. And people dont got the money to buy a new pc just to play silent hunter 5. hahaaha =)

MAKE FOR XBOX 360 and or PS3 PLEASE!!!!! Its a whole new untapped market.

walkirie
10-21-2009, 04:09 AM
I am not really sure but I think the reason Silent Hunter series is just for PC is because this simulator need continuously patches and modifications to adapt this game to different kind of gamers , therefore console have no hope here , I am just waiting for my brand new 40nm ATI Radeon DirectX 11 GPU 5850 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

shadow_858
10-21-2009, 04:23 AM
Ubisoft made a business decision to make SHV for PC only.

leelum
10-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Think its been confirmed as pc only
And to be honest I cant see SH games working on a console format. (Going to use 360 as an example here) Contrary to what the above poster says these days a console game is easily patchable and infact patches to fix bugs, balance gameplay elements and evne add new ones are the norm on consoles nowa days.

The problem is more with the console itself. For one thing graphics would suffer dramatically because although 360 is powerful its not nearly as powerful as current pcs.
Theres also the issue of control format, the pc's keyboard/mouse set up is massively verstaile. You have short cuts to reach different stations and functions quickly, you can aim the periscope, check the ship manual, calculate torpedo vectors and a whole myriad of tasks with ease and often symaltaniously. With a control pad which is essentially 2 sticks and a few buttons you are instantly more restricted
in what you can pull off in terms of the above mentioned tasks.

At the end of the day it just becomes a major pain in the rear end and thus I think is the main reason we'll never see the series reach the consoles.

wedgie2007
10-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Why is it that on nearly every PC game forum that their is always someone that asks this question?

I never see anyone ask that a Console only game be made for the PC

Wasatch.
10-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by wedgie2007:
Why is it that on nearly every PC game forum that their is always someone that asks this question?

I never see anyone ask that a Console only game be made for the PC

Yeah that is kinda annoying. Almost as annoying as the shrinking PC games section at Best Buy. I don't even bother with EB Games anymore. It's 95% console now. I've honestly grown to dislike consoles because of this over the last couple years. Finding a store that carries a good selection of PC games is becoming increasingly difficult. There's a ton of console only games which also annoying. So i figure the rare PC only game here or there, shouldn't be anything for people to whine or complain about.

U-6581
10-23-2009, 05:52 PM
You Hit the Nail on the head with that one Ducimus_Rapax I went into Gamespot store here where I live and hardly anything for the PC anymore. Sh5 should stay as a computer sim ONLY!!!!!

wedgie2007
10-24-2009, 03:51 AM
I think that STEAM is killing a lot of retail stores as most games are available before they hit stores, in Australia ARMA2 and Operation flashpoint was available via steam almost a month before.

The PC is not dying out it has just changed it's platform of delivering the product.

Wolferz
10-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Xjunk 360? Not a chance.

Maybe for the PS 3 if they were of a mind to code it.

Game updates are now the norm in the console sector. Sony is doing a great job in this area.

Microshaft, not so much due to the limited hard drive space.
I installed a 250gig drive in my PS 3. Not something you can do with an X junker.
Abandon your X Box asap. Before the hardware fails a dozen times like it did for me.

Samofrome
10-27-2009, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by wedgie2007:
I think that STEAM is killing a lot of retail stores as most games are available before they hit stores, in Australia ARMA2 and Operation flashpoint was available via steam almost a month before.

The PC is not dying out it has just changed it's platform of delivering the product.

Yes, anther person who hates steam
YAY
shall i tell you why?
Sam

cdn_hunter
10-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Because of the complexity of a simulator you simply cant put one on a game console.

Consols by their nature are simple and for entertainment.You don't have access to the complex commands to run a simulator so I can't see something like this on a console unless it's dumbed down quit a bit.

HeikeKahn
10-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by cdn_hunter:
Because of the complexity of a simulator you simply cant put one on a game console.
it was done years ago with other simulators
http://www.vtxgames.com/Lists/Sega_Megadrive_-_Genesis_PICTURES/688-Attack-Sub.jpg
http://www.vtxgames.com/Lists/Sega_Megadrive_-_Genesis_PICTURES/Abrams-Battle-Tank.jpg

wedgie2007
10-29-2009, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Samofrome:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wedgie2007:

Yes, anther person who hates steam
YAY
shall i tell you why?
Sam </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do tell!

Samofrome
10-29-2009, 07:52 AM
once I was looking in steam, when the pc froze, and it was like that for about 5 mins, so i did emancy shut down, turned it back on, can't load, when we did mangne to load, everything that was on the pc was lost(destroyed) and took a week before we mange to revice about 3 or 30G
that is why
plus it slows everything down (and many games did a CTD about 5 mins after opening it)

GatorSub1942
10-29-2009, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by titoj:
IS there a chance this game can be made for XBOX 360 or PS3. The reason I ask is because I think that this game is very popular and extreamly fun! As an owner of Xbox 360 sorry to say there are no good sub sim's like silent hunter.

Currently I play silent hunter 4 on my PC but the new game I think the system requirement will exceeded my PC's performance. It is because of this fact that I switched to console. Prior, every time a good game came out my gaming pc couldn't handle it or was just shy of being able to handle it. I got a console to rid this problem. And people dont got the money to buy a new pc just to play silent hunter 5. hahaaha =)

MAKE FOR XBOX 360 and or PS3 PLEASE!!!!! Its a whole new untapped market.

I hope to God they don't make it for consoles! All that will do is result in it being dumbed down. Plus, because games usually get made on consoles first, if they come out on PC as well we'll be lumbered with a port with too many 'console-isms' in it. There are far too many games ruined for the PC because of the damn consoles as it is, without the Silent Hunter series joining them.

Gun_Jam_
10-29-2009, 04:04 PM
S there a chance this game can be made for XBOX 360 or PS3. The reason I ask is because I think that this game is very popular and extreamly fun! As an owner of Xbox 360 sorry to say there are no good sub sim's like silent hunter.

I sure hope not...This game is fun and popular because it has NOT been dumbed down to operate on consoles.

I have seen many good games be totally destroyed by consoles. Operation Flash point Cold war crisis was a PC only game (2001...I think) It was a military simulation that featured many advanced graphical and physics advancements including miles of open terrain and battles that took place at well over 800 yards... Last month they released Flashpoint 2 which attempted to gain fame by using the name. it was designed for consoles and ported to PC.. Its nothing more than an arcade shooter in an open world. Crappy graphics, crappy AI, No custom setups, no joystick control, Crappy damage model, Crappy flight and vehicle models.... you get the idea

If they say they are going to make plans to create a console version of this game im outta here. For me the biggest selling point is that its a PC game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-Gun

cdn_hunter
11-05-2009, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by HeikeKahn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cdn_hunter:
it was done years ago with other simulators
http://www.vtxgames.com/Lists/Sega_Megadrive_-_Genesis_PICTURES/688-Attack-Sub.jpg
http://www.vtxgames.com/Lists/Sega_Megadrive_-_Genesis_PICTURES/Abrams-Battle-Tank.jpg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those games were simple compared to the complexity of SH4 , ArmA2 etc. Did you have to plot a firing solution in 688 Attack Sub using the tools supplied in SH4? Me thinks not.

MarliseBois
11-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Why not a simplified version for consoles, I would buy it.
I'm a casual player and the PC version will not find a way to my home. SH4 was already too complex and difficult to me, I just want to play comfortably after work one or two hours on TV. Those who like it complex, can indeed buy the PC version.

Wolferz
11-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by MarliseBois:
Why not a simplified version for consoles, I would buy it.
I'm a casual player and the PC version will not find a way to my home. SH4 was already too complex and difficult to me, I just want to play comfortably after work one or two hours on TV. Those who like it complex, can indeed buy the PC version.

There is a "save game function" included for the casual gamers among us. No need to to turn a great sim into another console headache. Besides, consoles do require that games be updated to coincide with firmware upgrades to the hardware. Ubisoft seems to have a policy of Wine 'em, Dine 'em, Love 'em, rob 'em & Leave 'em. That mentality doesn't fly with Sony's PS3. Microshaft is a horse of a different color and would probably go along with it if thier hardware wasn't total garbage. It couldn't handle Silent Hunter even if it was coded for those X-junk garbage cans.

Adlerson
11-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Samofrome:
once I was looking in steam, when the pc froze, and it was like that for about 5 mins, so i did emancy shut down, turned it back on, can't load, when we did mangne to load, everything that was on the pc was lost(destroyed) and took a week before we mange to revice about 3 or 30G
that is why
plus it slows everything down (and many games did a CTD about 5 mins after opening it)

Actually to me that sounds like the reason Steam froze is your HD or motherboard took a dump at that very moment, and as such Steam, to you, looked like the culprit.
More likely it was a complete coincidence linked to a hardware failure.

Personally I've sworn by Steam now since Half-Life 2 came out in 2004 (In November, so more or less exactly 5 years now) and I've never once had a single problem. I will buy all my games on Steam now if given half the chance, and I'm looking forward to buying SHV there too.
Just the convenience of always having access to your games, never having to keep your discs around, not having to worry when building a new computer etc etc is worth it.

Cheers,
Helge