PDA

View Full Version : Combustible, Vulnerable, Expendable Campaign (Modded) Available

Eldon45
05-29-2009, 06:27 AM
Fly with VC-27, the highest air-to-air scoring FM-2 unit in the Pacific, from the deck of the USS Savo Island CVE.

The Savo Island had a remarkable and busy career in the last two years of the war,
supporting the U.S. invasions of Peleliu, the Philippines, and Okinawa.

"Part 1" of this historical campaign (26 missions) takes you through VC-27's tour of duty with the Savo Island, from Peleliu through the invasion of Luzon in January of 1945. Among
other battles, you will fight as part of "Taffy 2" off Samar on October 25, 1944, where the
Japanese gave the U.S. a big scare when some of their battleships and cruisers threatened
the Leyte invasion beaches. Later that same day, American sailors and pilots were subjected
to some of the first organized Kamikaze strikes of the war.

The download includes the campaign, four VC-27 FM-2 skins by WarWolfe, and alternative
FM-2/F4F (Wright Cyclone) engine sounds.

You can find it at M4T in the "Specialized Downloads" section.

Enjoy!

-Eldon45

Eldon45
05-29-2009, 06:27 AM
Fly with VC-27, the highest air-to-air scoring FM-2 unit in the Pacific, from the deck of the USS Savo Island CVE.

The Savo Island had a remarkable and busy career in the last two years of the war,
supporting the U.S. invasions of Peleliu, the Philippines, and Okinawa.

"Part 1" of this historical campaign (26 missions) takes you through VC-27's tour of duty with the Savo Island, from Peleliu through the invasion of Luzon in January of 1945. Among
other battles, you will fight as part of "Taffy 2" off Samar on October 25, 1944, where the
Japanese gave the U.S. a big scare when some of their battleships and cruisers threatened
the Leyte invasion beaches. Later that same day, American sailors and pilots were subjected
to some of the first organized Kamikaze strikes of the war.

The download includes the campaign, four VC-27 FM-2 skins by WarWolfe, and alternative
FM-2/F4F (Wright Cyclone) engine sounds.

You can find it at M4T in the "Specialized Downloads" section.

Enjoy!

-Eldon45

general_kalle
05-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Savo island is that little round island just of the coast of Guadacanal isnt it? funny thing to name a carrier after.

looks interesting... i have always preferred the wildcat over the Corsair and Hellcat so i might check out this one.

Zeus-cat
05-29-2009, 11:05 AM
CVEs were usually named after the location of famous battles.

jensenpark
05-29-2009, 06:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zeus-cat:
CVEs were usually named after the location of famous battles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They should name a carrier or two after some of the epic battles I've had with my wife. Nothing the Japanese threw at the USN could compare to her...

steiner562
05-29-2009, 06:22 PM
Sounds great,will give it a twirl thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Waldo.Pepper
05-29-2009, 08:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jensenpark:
They should name a carrier or two after some of the epic battles I've had with my wife. Nothing the Japanese threw at the USN could compare to her... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"HMCS You Left the seat up again you pig." Has a nice ring to it. Tres' classy.

baronWastelan
05-29-2009, 08:09 PM
AWESOME!!! Downloading ASAP: THANKS!