PDA

View Full Version : 2 torps left?

sonicboom197356
09-12-2006, 12:08 PM
errr....reserves...i carnt use them...why?

Realjambo
09-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Hi sonic

Make sure:

1. You are not on Silent Running (press 'z' to activate/deactivate

2. You have enough crew in the torp room (make sure the green bar is at least half full

3. You are surfaced (you can travel at speed, you don't have to be stationary)

4. Press 'I', click, hold and drag the reserve torps into the the inside of the U-boat and into a torp tube - they should stay where they are but turn grey, right click and you should get a clock showing how long left until your crew have them safely inside the torp room

5. You can't drag a stern reserve torp into the bow torp tubes and vice cersa

6. If you have to dive whilst during transferring torps the transfer is abandoned and you'll have to start again.

I think that's it. Let us know how you get on.

sonicboom197356
09-12-2006, 12:35 PM
also go the grammaphone music allow you tyo get detected if ur in silent mode?

AVGWarhawk
09-12-2006, 12:44 PM
I have noticed that in GW mod that if you are in silent running but put the electic motors up the destroyers can find you easily. I would suspect that your music is cranking it out...they will find you.

sonicboom197356
09-12-2006, 01:10 PM
nooo i dont mean the normal torpedos...dude....i can reload every torpedo..but theres 1 torp on top of my sub and bottom of my sub..on my weapon screen.... are they unusable? i can reload torps..but noy these 2

Bootsmann0815
09-12-2006, 01:11 PM
The speed should be kept to 1-2 (MAX 3) knots while silent running or they can hear you.
Not sure about the grammophone - to my knowledge I've never been detected because of playing it, but I usually turn it off out of personal preference in situations where silent running is required.
To be on the safe side, forget the grammophone and play WWII-type music on your cd player or walkman or what. The enemy units can definitely not hear that... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Bootsmann0815
09-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by sonicboom197356:
i can reload every torpedo..but theres 1 torp on top of my sub and bottom of my sub..on my weapon screen.... are they unusable? i can reload torps..but noy these 2

They are usable but you need to be surfaced to reload them, and you need to manually drag them to a an empty slot in your internal reserve, even if you have auto-reload enabled. After you do the click-and-drag, the external torpedo greys out and your crew will move it into the internal reserve. This will take some time (the torpedo acts as a progress bar), and you should make sure that your torpedo room is fully manned with a qualified and if possible not too tired crew (less crew, or tired crew, costs more time, or it might even not work at all). Once the process is completed, the torpedo will show up in the internal reserve. If you have auto-reload enabled, and there is an empty slot in your firing tubes, the crew will then immediately load it into a firing tube, but you cannot load it directly from the external reserve into the firing tube.

tuddley3
09-12-2006, 03:14 PM
I use WMP or WinAmp to play music on. I open say WinAmp, select my Silent Hunter III Playlist , then open SH3.

hueywolf123
09-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Also, the more 'qualified' crew you have in your torp rooms, the faster the reloads. With the external spares, in bad weather the loading of these to their respective torps rooms inside can take more than 1hr, in fine weather, from 30min - 45mins, as mentioned, it will depend on how many crew and if they are qualified or not

GoldenEagle8
09-12-2006, 07:37 PM
A lot of the time, I get around 20 mins. for external torps.