PDA

View Full Version : small bug (do335)

Stackhouse25th
02-09-2006, 04:11 PM
When #1 Engine in Do335 is missing (IE broken/fallen off), when you go to eject the #2 engine falls off, but the #1 engine goes to full power, even though no engines are currently working. You create thrust and gain airspeed from the #1 engine.

In my opinion going full power on a #1 engine when you bail out is a bad idea...if anything it should go throttle to IDLE. Because power at IDLE is not going to balance out the forces of lift thrust wt drag.

Mayb e they can fix it so the #1 engine when its broken off does not work anymore when you eject?

to test this theory, Simply have a friend pull up in front of you with his Do335 and smack the two noses together have him despawn and you fly off...then eject and note what i am talking about.

Stackhouse25th
02-09-2006, 04:11 PM
When #1 Engine in Do335 is missing (IE broken/fallen off), when you go to eject the #2 engine falls off, but the #1 engine goes to full power, even though no engines are currently working. You create thrust and gain airspeed from the #1 engine.

In my opinion going full power on a #1 engine when you bail out is a bad idea...if anything it should go throttle to IDLE. Because power at IDLE is not going to balance out the forces of lift thrust wt drag.

Mayb e they can fix it so the #1 engine when its broken off does not work anymore when you eject?

to test this theory, Simply have a friend pull up in front of you with his Do335 and smack the two noses together have him despawn and you fly off...then eject and note what i am talking about.

Retrofish
02-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Stackhouse, sorry not related to topic...but I am prompted to enter a username and password by vfa25.com when entering this thread. Seems to be related to your avatar.

Just FYI http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Stackhouse25th
02-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Yup we know what it is, we are yelling at our hosting company as best we can M8!

Oleg_Maddox
02-10-2006, 12:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stackhouse25th:

to test this theory, Simply have a friend pull up in front of you with his Do335 and smack the two noses together have him despawn and you fly off...then eject and note what i am talking about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
After ejection the power is set to what was set by youself in this case.

Willey
02-10-2006, 11:12 AM
It's not #1 reving up, it's the rear one, because the propeller drag is gone http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. You don't drop the whole engine, just the prop.

Jaws2002
02-10-2006, 11:55 AM
That's what it is, once the prop is gone the engine overrevs. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif