PDA

View Full Version : Open Cockpit BoB?

L33T-Zoolander
09-23-2005, 02:21 AM
Will BoB have open cockpits available?

I am the interminable n00b pilot that feels flying with a pair of exceptionally myopic eyeballs, which are rivetted to a headrest is neither realistic, nor fun.

Good Hunting
Zoo

L33T-Zoolander
09-23-2005, 02:21 AM
Will BoB have open cockpits available?

I am the interminable n00b pilot that feels flying with a pair of exceptionally myopic eyeballs, which are rivetted to a headrest is neither realistic, nor fun.

Good Hunting
Zoo

Blottogg
09-23-2005, 02:09 PM
Zoo, Oleg mentioned a while ago that his BoB cockpits would support Track IR 6DoF. I don't know how leaning in the cockpit would be handled without the Track IR hardware, but Rowan's original BoB allowed you to lean left and right, so I'm guessing that there would at least be mappable keyboard commands for leaning around the headrest in BoB. No word on whether the guys at Natural Point are working on hardware to simulate the thump you'd receive when whacking your virtual head against your virtual canopy trying to look around the headrest with the canopy closed, however.

LEXX_Luthor
09-23-2005, 04:37 PM
Or mappable to Joystick buttons or mouse buttons. Most if not all FB/PF keyboard mappings can be mapped to Joystick buttons or mouse buttons.