PDA

View Full Version : What do think looks better/Bad A$$? Robes of Altair or armor of Altair

Ubisoft2Good
11-24-2010, 04:48 PM
I like them equally. Just what to know what you think of them,

gutarjunky
11-24-2010, 04:52 PM
thats a dumb question http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif everyone is going to say armor

Ubisoft2Good
11-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Not really. You cant speak for everyone. The robes look much more like an assassins.

Abeonis
11-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Ubisoft2Good:
Not really. You cant speak for everyone. The robes look much more like an assassins.

And you would know what an Assassin would look like, do you?

Ubisoft2Good
11-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Yes i do.

Abeonis
11-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Care to enlighten me? It would be of great assistance when I'm on my way to work, I'll know what to look out for.

Ubisoft2Good
11-24-2010, 05:14 PM
K they wear things like the robes of altair.

Ubisoft2Good
11-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Lol at wanting to dress like an assassin. Wierdo alert.

tjbyrum1
11-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Yay! First to vote for the robes!

Abeonis
11-24-2010, 05:26 PM

Yes, I asked you what an assassin, you know, somebody who kills the person he is following, would dress like, so that I can dress like one as well... makes perfect sense. I suggest you grow up.

Also, "K they wear things like the robes of altair." is not only grammatically incorrect, but is also severely lacking in what I would call evidence.

Ubisoft2Good
11-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ubisoft2Good:

Yes, I asked you what an assassin, you know, somebody who kills the person he is following, would dress like, so that I can dress like one as well... makes perfect sense. I suggest you grow up.

Also, "K they wear things like the robes of altair." is not only grammatically incorrect, but is also severely lacking in what I would call evidence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

youre the guy that want to dress up as an assassin and is butthurt because of my opinion.

Abeonis
11-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Not at all, I just believe that if you make a statement such as you did, specifically when I asked if you knew what an assassin would actually dress like, you replied "Yes, I do.", then you should be able to back it up with evidence, not simply give it the whole "coz I sed soooOO".

Also, personally, I could hardly care less about your opinion that I do right now.

Ubisoft2Good
11-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Not at all, I just believe that if you make a statement such as you did, specifically when I asked if you knew what an assassin would actually dress like, you replied "Yes, I do.", then you should be able to back it up with evidence, not simply give it the whole "coz I sed soooOO".

Also, personally, I could hardly care less about your opinion that I do right now.

Just don't dress as an assassin. people will make fun of you k?

Ultimate_Night
11-24-2010, 08:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:

Just don't dress as an assassin. people will make fun of you k? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He's not talking about the AC Assassins. He's talking about the assassins who assassinate people. Examples are Oswald and Booth.

Keksus
11-24-2010, 08:45 PM

In fact: The real assassins (the ones who really existed during the crusades) disguised themselves. So they looked like a beggar or just a normal citizen. Robes like the one of Altair would have blown their cover. Everyone would have been able to say: That's an assassin!

Sporkfighter
11-24-2010, 08:52 PM

First of all you have a spelling error it's than not that and secondly you were the first to post a ****** remark and be a smart ***. You both are being pretty immature arguing on a forum about something like this you both need to grow up and get over it.

Riley4142
11-24-2010, 09:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:

Just don't dress as an assassin. people will make fun of you k? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's sad that many people actually are mentally challenged in some form.
On topic: The armor makes you look like a badass renaissance assassin, the robes make you look like how a 17-1800's Assassin would look on the streets today. Think John Wilkes Booth.
I know sticking out like a sore thumb doesn't effect gameplay at all, but I am a fan of visually pleasing things.

metalxwolf
11-24-2010, 10:12 PM
I actually liked the Armor of Brutus better, I thought he looked pretty sweet.

Abeonis
11-25-2010, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Sporkfighter:

First of all you have a spelling error it's than not that and secondly you were the first to post a ****** remark and be a smart ***. You both are being pretty immature arguing on a forum about something like this you both need to grow up and get over it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How exactly was I being a ****** and/or smart arse? I simply asked him to provide evidence that he knew what an assassin would dress like, as he stated categorically that he knew; he has failed to provide this evidence.

Originally posted by Keksus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
quote:

In fact: The real assassins (the ones who really existed during the crusades) disguised themselves. So they looked like a beggar or just a normal citizen. Robes like the one of Altair would have blown their cover. Everyone would have been able to say: That's an assassin!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly my point. In asking my original question I was trying topoint out the stupidity, and self-defeating nature, of having an "assassin uniform", as they do in the first game.

SolidSnakeMat
11-25-2010, 09:03 AM
I can't vote I love both the robes and the armor. I so want to see Altair wear that armor.

Ubisoft2Good
11-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Riley4142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ubisoft2Good:

On topic: The armor makes you look like a badass renaissance assassin, the robes make you look like how a 17-1800's Assassin would look on the streets today. Think John Wilkes Booth.
I know sticking out like a sore thumb doesn't effect gameplay at all, but I am a fan of visually pleasing things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your mentally ******ed? sorry man.

E-Zekiel
11-25-2010, 12:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sporkfighter:

First of all you have a spelling error it's than not that and secondly you were the first to post a ****** remark and be a smart ***. You both are being pretty immature arguing on a forum about something like this you both need to grow up and get over it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How exactly was I being a ****** and/or smart arse? I simply asked him to provide evidence that he knew what an assassin would dress like, as he stated categorically that he knew; he has failed to provide this evidence.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
quote:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly my point. In asking my original question I was trying topoint out the stupidity, and self-defeating nature, of having an "assassin uniform", as they do in the first game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, they dressed very similarly to scholars, only difference (aside from weapons) being that they wore belts. Soooo.....

That said, I think the robes look cooler because they are more "serious". However, the Armor of Altair fits the time period more, so I tend to end up wearing it, instead, simply because it fits.

Also, on the robes of Altair, have you noticed his Altair's face? It's very subtle, but it just is not the same "presence" as Altair really was. There are subtle little things that just give him a sort of "positive/cocky" look, as opposed to how he looked in AC1 which was very serious/intimidating/focused/cold.

Confusious30
11-25-2010, 12:32 PM
I'd wear Assassin robes everyday if possible.

Abeonis
11-25-2010, 04:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Riley4142:

I know sticking out like a sore thumb doesn't effect gameplay at all, but I am a fan of visually pleasing things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your mentally ******ed? sorry man. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*You're.

Ubisoft2Good
11-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Thanks. Saved me an edit.

AKG32
11-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Ubisoft2Good, all you seem to do is troll. Is your life really so sad that you have nothing better to do than insult people in videogame forums?

I haven't seen this level of immaturity since I stopped checking the Halo Reach forum....

OP: I like the robes better, It blends in more with the beggars and poorer crowds.

Also, it looks more like a ninja, which is always awesome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The only problem I have with it is that they don't "flow" as much as Ezio's robes, they seem a bit more stiff.

Abeonis
11-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Thanks. Saved me an edit.

I like to help the mentally challenged whenever I can.

Originally posted by akg32:
OP: I like the robes better, It blends in more with the beggars and poorer crowds.

Also, it looks more like a ninja, which is always awesome

The only problem I have with it is that they don't "flow" as much as Ezio's robes, they seem a bit more stiff.

I did like the robes, but when his armour came along I prefered that much more; same goes for Ezio's robes, now his Master Assassin robes trump his father's IMO.

EdgeX4
11-26-2010, 04:21 PM
I'm surprised at the results 31% for the robes...way more than I expected.

Yoshack Fyre84
11-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Altair's robes are outdated for 1500 Rome. They look like robes someone in the 1100s in the middle east would wear.

midgiemelendez
11-26-2010, 04:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sporkfighter:

quote:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly my point. In asking my original question I was trying topoint out the stupidity, and self-defeating nature, of having an "assassin uniform", as they do in the first game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, in the first game they had a uniform because they were essentially a gritty police force, but i have to agree that it is far fetched to have a heavily armed and armored man being nigh invisible as he hides amongst scantily dressed 'courtesans'.

I must say that it seems like what Desomond wears (gray hoody and jeans) would be what a modern day assassin would wear

xXxDAL978xXx
11-26-2010, 04:56 PM
The armor of Altair looks better. I put on the robes and thought it was good cause it felt like you were playing as Altair, then i realised there was no double blade, so i went with the armor.