PDA

View Full Version : n00b question sorry...

StarChaser7
05-19-2005, 10:56 AM
Hi everyone! I just bought Silent Hunter 3 and I am very impressed so far with the game. My last sum sim experience was way back in the 90's with a game called €˜Fast Attack€ - I had to pretty much figure out how to do everything in that game, but I still had a ton of fun with it. Boy did my adrenalin start to pump when I had a wire break and a rouge torpedo. LoL those were some good times.

Any way, I have some very noobish questions to ask. Last night I sunk my first cargo ship :-) on my first 24 hour patrol of the game. Well everything went smoothly till I made it back to port. It was a dark night and it was raining and it took me 30 minutes just to find my specific dock! Anyway, I€m sure I€m doing something wrong because I€m now at the same dock that I left from (band playing and all) and the mission has not ended! In my orders it says that all objectives have been met (green complete next to each). What am I supposed to do to end that mission? Thanks.

Laters

Olebrond
05-19-2005, 11:10 AM
Hit ESC.

End the mission.

On the next screen I think there is now a choice to dock at X.

And there you go.

Ole

Slingn
05-19-2005, 11:15 AM
It doesn't end automatically, you need to hit escape, end patrol, dock at .....

You can end patrol anytime you are on the surface and undetected, but you do get additional renown if you return to base. Oh and you dont need to get all the way to the slip, just close to the port. But if you're like some of us, we hate the easy mission end option. I always go all the way back to base as well.

Good luck, The game is great with only a few minor issues. The developers seem to be real good at patching. And although some feel the 1/3 patch may have done more harn than good, I'd use it, if only for the detailed harbors on the map when zoomed in. Thats a big improvment if you ask me.

This is a good forum for the most part, so you can always get help here. Just dont pay any attention to the whiners. They are never satified and belive this game should be so perfect that in prepares them for their their career as a U-boat commander if they ever get thrown back in time. (LOL, I read that in another thread, and thought it was funny. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

Anyway, enjoy!

Tyke909
05-19-2005, 06:50 PM
No need to be sorry, as all SH3 players come to realise pretty fast, the manual is worse than useless.

Plenty of folks here know this and will happily answer sensibly written questions.

As said above you can hit esc and end patrol at any time you are surfaced and undetected.