PDA

View Full Version : FB+AEP+PF Full Mission Builder: Carrier Take off?

WalterNowotny
01-06-2005, 02:29 PM
How do I make planes to take off from the carriers in FULL MISSION BUILDER? So far the only thing that happens is that the planes immediately explode when I load the mission. Is this a bug or is it just me?

WalterNowotny
01-06-2005, 02:29 PM
How do I make planes to take off from the carriers in FULL MISSION BUILDER? So far the only thing that happens is that the planes immediately explode when I load the mission. Is this a bug or is it just me?

John_Stag
01-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Link the aircraft to the carrier with the target button on the waypoints tab. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KarayaEine
01-07-2005, 08:24 AM
Set your first waypoint as 'takeoff' then use the target button to set them to the carrier icon. Just as any takeoff waypoint make sure your altitude and speed are 0.

If you are on a map that has land based airfields when you set the first waypoint as takeoff FMB automatically moves the takeoff point to the nearest ground based field. Just drag the waypoint to the carrier you are using and set the target as mentioned above. Then continue on with your additional waypoints.

For landing on the carrier just repeat the process and set the waypoint to 'landing' and set target to the carrier icon.

Give it a try.

One note: most carriers can only handle a limited amount of planes on deck. If you have two flights of 4 set ffor take off then some will start on the deck while some will start in the air even if you have all of them set for take off from the carrier deck. It's an annoying bug but since deck space is limited and there are no working deck elevators to bring new planes up from the hanger deck we gotta live with it.

hth

Johann

JG51Beolke
01-07-2005, 08:42 AM
I was wondering the same thing.