PDA

View Full Version : Gramophone needle needed! It won't play!

Col_Tibbetts
04-10-2005, 11:27 PM
My gramophone is busted!

Or I am doing something wrong. I have loaded all my mp3s into the gramophone directory. But when I go to my radio man and tell him to play a song he says he will do it but he doesn't. I am clicking on the play icon so all should work normally.

And yes I am not rigged for slient running. DUH!

Could someone tell me whats up? THANKS!

Col_Tibbetts
04-10-2005, 11:27 PM
My gramophone is busted!

Or I am doing something wrong. I have loaded all my mp3s into the gramophone directory. But when I go to my radio man and tell him to play a song he says he will do it but he doesn't. I am clicking on the play icon so all should work normally.

And yes I am not rigged for slient running. DUH!

Could someone tell me whats up? THANKS!

r_c
04-11-2005, 12:09 AM
not sure, I think you need to hit stop, rewind then play,,

S! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kpt_Zig
04-11-2005, 03:05 AM
Sound options, music must be enabled. To prevent the menu music playing when the gramophone is turned off you need to delete all the music files EXCEPT the cfg file.

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sound\Music

Col_Tibbetts
04-11-2005, 08:58 AM
Thanks Kpt_Zig!

I hate menu music. Thats why I turned it off. I didn't realize it effects the gramophone as well!

Col_Tibbetts

quillan
04-11-2005, 01:35 PM
I discovered something else about the gramophones last night. It doesn't play all .mp3 files. I tried loading a few songs I had on the computer into the directory, and only one would play. I think the problem is the encoding. Most of the .mp3 files on my computer I did myself, and I always encode mine as Variable Bit Rate. The only one's I've been able to get it to play have all been encoded as Constant Bit Rate files. I think it can't handle VBR encoding.