PDA

View Full Version : Slip ball position Vs lag

Wildnoob
07-22-2008, 01:16 PM
guys, I don't know how I could creat this topic, but here we go.

I have a bad internet conection for games, really very bad. also can't play in most servers because it. it works well only at nigth, after 11 pm.

I use the FW-190 with frequency online, and by my luck the slip ball beggin to stay centred again. don't know, but for some long time I couldn't let it centered in planes who don't have rudder trim like the FW-190.

I enter in a server, play for some minutes, and when I was flying on level the slip ball was centered. after some minutes, my conection started to stay bad, with 2 yellow marks on the indicator. I don't know if happen exactly like that, but after that the ball doens't stay centered anymore, it stay a bite deslocated to the left. I leave the game, enter in the offline mod and put the FW-190 on a quick mission and the ball was completly centered.

could be the lag that do this ?

M_Gunz
07-22-2008, 01:47 PM
When you maneuver, you can't rely on trim to keep the ball centered.
It's best to stay "on your feet" regarding the rudder then and not be playing with trim.

That's true even without lag. Lag should not make the ball go off center in steady trimmed
flight.

Wildnoob
07-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by M_Gunz:
When you maneuver, you can't rely on trim to keep the ball centered.
It's best to stay "on your feet" regarding the rudder then and not be playing with trim.

of course.

but wat I mean is on level fligth.

just try again and manage to centered the ball. wat I'm talking about is maintein it centered for cruize fligths.

Wildnoob
07-22-2008, 02:59 PM
forget wat I say.

was playing on a quick mission now and happens. but when I try other time not.

really, I'm a bite confuse. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

crucislancer
07-22-2008, 03:00 PM
There are two ways to keep the ball centered in level, cruise flight in any plane without rudder trim. Fly at the speed that the rudder centers itself, which varies per plane, or use the rudder pedals (or twist stick) to keep the ball centered. Three planes that I know don't have rudder trim are the Bf109, Fw190, and the IL-2. I'm sure there are more.

DKoor
07-22-2008, 03:03 PM
I generally find it quite impossible to fly absolutely perfectly straight and level in this game even in a aircraft such is P-51 which have trims on all three flight controls. Of course that depends on weather, but still even in perfect conditions aircraft just tend to go on their own course eventually.
However, I'm not 100% sure about this (that perfect flight) it may even be possible, I just never really bothered myself to get that perfect throttle/alt/trim combo.

Apart from that... to answer the original question - I never had such problems.
However such problems may emerge when you replay the track you recorded; not saying that it was your prob tho.

M_Gunz
07-22-2008, 04:39 PM
If your speed changes then so does your trim.
Even changing your alt can do it since power and prop revs are part of it.
Some people use aileron trim when they should be using rudder......

Wildnoob
07-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by DKoor:
I generally find it quite impossible to fly absolutely perfectly straight and level in this game even in a aircraft such is P-51 which have trims on all three flight controls. Of course that depends on weather, but still even in perfect conditions aircraft just tend to go on their own course eventually.
However, I'm not 100% sure about this (that perfect flight) it may even be possible, I just never really bothered myself to get that perfect throttle/alt/trim combo.

Apart from that... to answer the original question - I never had such problems.
However such problems may emerge when you replay the track you recorded; not saying that it was your prob tho.

I can fly perfectly on level DKoor. my problem is that the ball is not staying centered with the FW-190. when I start a quick mission with an aircraft that also don't have rudder trim, such as the KI-84, it took just some seconds to it stay centered.

not some time ago I read a report about allied test pilot's testing the BF-109. one of then, wich I don't remember the name, I think that even was Erich Brown, saied that the lack of rudder trim was a little problem. while other, saied that after some time, the ball stabilize on the center. I can totally agreed with the second one by my experience as virtual pilot.

K_Freddie
07-24-2008, 02:21 AM
For combat action, you'll probably find that for most a/c that engine torque effects (if enabled) come into play. As an example with the FW - The ball 'centres' about one ball width to the right of centre.
If you try correct this with rudder, you will spin out, and this is probably the cause of the FW 'inability to turn at high-g', which in-game is nonsense, of course..
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif