PDA

View Full Version : Three things that I am sure that we can all agree upon.

Waldo.Pepper
06-09-2005, 03:22 PM
This game is not perfect, despite our wishes.

This game will never be perfect, despite our wishes.

This game is the finest the genre has ever known.

That's why we are here. A reminder to us all.

Waldo.Pepper
06-09-2005, 03:22 PM
This game is not perfect, despite our wishes.

This game will never be perfect, despite our wishes.

This game is the finest the genre has ever known.

That's why we are here. A reminder to us all.

Nimits
06-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Actually, "adjusting for inflation" (i.e. relative computer capabilities), I think European Air War was the finest game of this genre ever release, followed by Pacific Air War and Aces Over the Pacific. Il-2 FB and its subsidiaries run a somewhat close fourth.

But I'll grant you the first two . . .

JadehawkII
06-09-2005, 04:45 PM
To each his/her own. I feel the Freespace series was much better for a combat sim. But yes IL2 series are excellent for a WWII sim. Just my opinion.

AerialTarget
06-09-2005, 09:29 PM
Nimits is right, but he's saying it's the finest in the genre without allowing for time periods. He's saying it's the finest in the genre, period. That I disagree with; Lock On: Modern Air Combat is a much better simulation of flight than the IL-2 series. However, there is no better World War Two aerial combat simulator, I will grant you that. If only we had a serious competitor!

Aero_Shodanjo
06-09-2005, 10:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AerialTarget:
If only we had a serious competitor! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CFS3 was quite serious. But then it joked too much http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

raaaid
06-09-2005, 11:43 PM
in my mind EAW will be the best game ever

if oleg delivers a game in which you can duel 1vs1 equal altitude equal speed equal plane then may be i reconsider it

AerialTarget
06-09-2005, 11:49 PM
No, Combat Flight Simulator only was a joke.

Raaaid, you can do that in the IL-2 series. Have you not read any of the manuals? You can make for yourself in less than five minutes, a mission for yourself.