PDA

View Full Version : IL2-MAT Manager, how to use

vladward3050
04-04-2005, 12:26 AM
I have just installed IL2-MAT Manager V2.20 and I cannot seem to get it to work. Can anyone give me some advice on how to properly work this program?

I am running AEP/PF merged V3.04.

Thanks a lot!

zetareticulan
04-04-2005, 01:52 AM
Greetings Vlad and may the Grace of Heaven before, behind and upon every hand enwheel thee round.

First of all, did you download the separate instruction manual from Aces Artwork? If not, you can find it here.

http://www.leigh-kemp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/IL2-MAT_and_IL-2%20MAT_Manager_Readme.htm

The readme will tell you precisely what to do to get this little gem up and running.

Pay particular attention to what Aces has to say about a line of code that reads <span class="ev_code_RED">clearcache = 0</span>. It's one of the first issues to be addressed in the readme.

It reduces the number of operations you have to perform to use the programme and allows instant access to all the joocy markings.

It takes a little getting used to but you won't regret it, no fear.

Cheers

vladward3050
04-04-2005, 02:25 AM
Thank you very much sir!

Aces_High_2
04-04-2005, 03:21 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks for helping out zetareticulan mate.

vladward3050 if you have any specific questions regarding the program I'll try and help you.

Best Regards to all

Aces

T_O_A_D
04-04-2005, 11:12 AM
Thaks to this thread I have tried it again. Only because I read that PF will apply the settings with out IL2MAt running. A long while back I tried it and it killed my machines perfomance. But now it appears to work great.

I am wondering though, does my settings affect what I see on all others flying Onlin with me?

I know just get on line and look for yourself. Ok then I will hehehe

Aces_High_2
04-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Hi mate,

Online the markings that you select will be displayed on your PC only and not transmitted online but they will appear on both your aircraft and any others flying online AI and human. So if you select say, one of the alternative USAAF white stars then they will appear on all US aircraft that display this markings graphic, in a mission, yours, AI and other human pilots flying US. This goes for all the markings alternatives. There's no difference in the way that online and offline MAT Manager markings work.

I asked Oleg if he would kindly put a new line in the conf.ini (ClearCache=0) , he did so in PF v3.03 which enabled me to dispense with the requirement for having two programs and just have IL2-MAT Manager. This, as you've seen, means that there's no loading delays copying the files when the game starts etc. I made the option in IL2-MAT Manager's control panel optional so that the program would still support the older way of doing things for those with pre v3.03 / the original IL-2 Sturmovik / FB / AEP games, or to put it another way, every version pre PF v3.03.

Regards

Aces

Saunders1953
04-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Hi Ace:

I really like all the options in the upgrade, and again, thanks for the Chinese markings that I only just discovered in the latest patch. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But I do have a question about under what circumstances certain national markings show up up in the game, and figured you'd know best of all. For example, I'm a big fan of the big a$$ blue circle/white star on early '42 USN aircraft. But I notice that when markings are "on", the game doesn't place them on most (all?) appropriate aircraft like the Wildcat--it only places numbers. Other planes are different throughout the game. Certain planes get national markings and numbers, others get only numbers, and iirc, some only get national markings. Do you know the rhyme or reason for that? Does anybody? I was hoping your program would override that problem, but I assume that it con only replace those marking that the game itself is coded to apply. Correct?

Thanks.

Aces_High_2
04-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Hi mate,

Some aircraft/nationality combinations don't have user-selectable markings. This is because they can't do "bar" type markings like the US "star 'n bar" or the RN or RNZAF bar type markings therefore they got round it by turning markings off and using skins with the markings on them. I know because I have tried to produce my own "bar" type markings TGAs and they won't scale/position correctly within what is basically a square area. There are a few other examples such as on of the Ki-84's I think that doesn't use selectable hinomarus becasue the marking was actually inside a white box that wrapped around the wing. Another example is the lack of fin flashes as a marking because they wrap around the 3D model.

Hope this answers your question mate

All the best

Aces

T_O_A_D
04-04-2005, 04:56 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif Aces I got online and I see what your saying. I sort of figured it would work that way.

Its too bad about the stars and bars though, thats one thing I was hopeing for. But all your good work and what you do have available looks so much better that the default option. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

One thing else is there a way to set it so the Hakencross works on any aircraft, if german markings are enable. Lets say a captured allied aircraft. I tried that first today,I figured if I saw it then the program was working. I didn't see it so I adjusted the US markings to find out it was working. Now I have a better understanding of it all now.

vladward3050
04-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Hi Aces,

Thanks a lot for offering to help, but it sounds like your instruction manual suggested by zetareticulan will probably be of enough help.

Thanks again to the both of you!

Aces_High_2
04-05-2005, 12:13 PM
Hi vladward3050,

My pleasure mate, drop me an e-mail if I can help further.

Hi T_O_A_D,

Yes, it's a real pity about the "bar" type markings. The german markings will show up on any aircraft when you select Germany as the country. From memory, the type of Balkenkreuze and Hakenkreuze used on most is the same as per your current type as display on the Bf-109e4. That's because most non-German aircraft share the same aircraft "grouping" as the 109-e4 German markings-wise.

Have fun m8,

Cheers all

Aces

PS. Oh and an early v2.30 W.i.P screenshot for you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://www.leigh-kemp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/3digit_usn_numbering_MM_2_30_Wip.jpg

T_O_A_D
04-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Very nice! 3 digits they look good M8!