PDA

View Full Version : question about altair

edzilla_551
04-10-2011, 06:32 PM
i was wondering if anyone can clear this up for me because its been driving me crazy, ok so the question is i know that ezio is the descendant to both subject 17(desmond) and subject 16, does this mean altair is too?

UrDeviant1
04-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Anyone Desmond syncs with in the animus is blood related. Do the math...

twangling
04-11-2011, 03:10 AM
Altair was the one who came before (no capitals, no pun intended).
Meaning: Ezio was part-Altair.
So if someone's part-Ezio, they must be part-[part-Altair].

I wonder if that explains the question for you.

On a side note, Desmond is the descendant of Ezio, not vice versa. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

magesupermaster
04-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Altair is Ezio's ancestor -> Ezio is Desmond's and Subject 16's ancestor.

Got it?

Abeonis
04-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
Altair is Ezio's ancestor -> Ezio is Desmond's and Subject 16's ancestor.

Got it?

As Mage said, Desmond and 16 are both related to Altair and Ezio, however their exact relation to each other, though confirmed, is unknown.

Dom000Dom
04-13-2011, 06:41 AM
ezio is the descendant to both subject 17(desmond) and subject 16, does this mean altair is too?
do you mean mean "ezio is the Ancestorto both subject 17(desmond) and subject 16"

Altair is the ancestor of both Ezio, Desmond and Subject 16.

UrDeviant1
04-13-2011, 11:19 AM
why is this even an issue, my baby sister understands it ffs

GunnarGunderson
04-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Ezio is the earliest common ancestor between Desmond and 16, that must mean Desmond is a descendant of Giovanni and 16's ancestors before Ezio were from Maria's side of the family, I think

itsamea-mario
04-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Where does it say he's the earliest common ancestor?

Even so, they'd still have both giovani's and Maria's DNA.

The only way it splits is through siblings.

ghostferret
04-13-2011, 08:47 PM
A bit of genetics could help here.

If there was pure Y-chromosome inheritance of DNA memory, then Altair would have to be Ezio's ancestor in order to be Desmond's. But under any other kind of inheritance, it isn't necessary for Altair to be Ezio's ancestor in order to be Desmond's. DNA passed through different (female and male) descendants of Altair and Ezio could still end up in Desmond.

The possibilities aren't endless, but nearly so.
There's more than 800 years between Desmond and Altair and more than 500 years between Desmond and Ezio. Human generation time is about 25 years. That's more than a million potential grandparents for Desmond in the 15th Century, more than a trillion in the 12th Century.

In AC 2, Mario tells Ezio that Altair was a famous assassin that lived long ago. So if there was any ancestry connecting Altair and the Auditores, Mario wasn't aware of it.

The truth is that the logistics of DNA memory like that seen in AC are pretty much impossible. For example, sperm matures a number of days before it's, uh, transferred, so Altair's memories of his, uh, liaison in Acre with Maria wouldn't have made it into the DNA in the sperm that fertilized Maria's egg.

But then, "nothing is true."