PDA

View Full Version : New Monitor now no PF

Worf101
04-17-2005, 02:53 PM
Hi, I'm running a merged copy of P.F. over FB and AEP. When I was running my olc CRT everything what fine. I bought a new widescreen LCD and now when I go to start the game I get the carrier and the spinning CD drive and nothing else...

Any help would be appreciated.

Da Worfster

Worf101
04-17-2005, 02:53 PM
Hi, I'm running a merged copy of P.F. over FB and AEP. When I was running my olc CRT everything what fine. I bought a new widescreen LCD and now when I go to start the game I get the carrier and the spinning CD drive and nothing else...

Any help would be appreciated.

Da Worfster

FoolTrottel
04-17-2005, 03:08 PM
Hi,

My first guess would be yer using an in game screen-resolution not supported by your monitor.

Try setting up the game resolution equal to the desktop/windows setting, by running il2setup.exe.
But, that resolution will probably not be there, as yer on a widescreen....;-(

Post yer DxDiag, better yet, remove this thread and start a new one in Community Help Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=frm&s=400102&f=49310655) including the DxDiag info. See here (LB's guide) (http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/tech_lbguide.htm#012) here how to do that.

Good Luck!

Worf101
04-17-2005, 04:01 PM
Thanks, that fixed it. Can you suggest what might be the optimal settings for my rig?

AMD Athalon 64Fx-53
HIS Excalibur X800 XT PE with IceQ II Cooling
Asus A8V Deluxe VIA K8T800 Pro Chipset ATX AMD MB
1 Gig of OCZ 3500 unbuffered Ram
2 Western Digital 74 Gig Raptors in Raid 1
DVD ASUS 16X DVD
DVD+/-RW PLEXTOR|PX-712A
CPU FAN Thermaltake Silentboost K8
Cooler Master Wave Master Case
Antec NeoPower 480 Watt PSU
SB Audigy 2Z Platinum Sound Card

I'm not sure whether I should be running OpenGL or the other. I'd like perfect water but I'm unsure as to how to get it.

Thanks..

Da Worfster

FoolTrottel
04-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Hey Worfster,

Quite a nice system...

You should be able to run it with OpenGL, thus making Video Option 'Perfect' available, and you should be able to run it that way, with decent performance.

But, it's all about personal preference. You might trade in some 'eye candy' for performance.

I'm not the expert here, my rig is no way near as fast as yours, based on a P4 and an Nvdia for Video....

Have Fun!