PDA

View Full Version : P47 induction pressure /throttle settings

DmdSeeker
11-23-2005, 07:23 AM
I'm a bit curious regarding the difference between 100% and 110% throttle on the P47.

As soon as I reach 100% I can see the message "Water injection enabled" and I can see the manifold pressure take a jump; which is what I would expect.

However; advancing the throttle further to 110% doesn't seem to increase manifold pressure at all; although it does seem to provoke overheating more quickly.

Is this expected behaviour; or an IL-2 oddity?

I should point out I've noticed this at low (sub 3000m) altitude; I haven't progressed far enough in the campaign to examine high altitude behaviour yet.

IL2-chuter
11-23-2005, 12:08 PM
A performance increase (engine power) will always show up as an increase in manifold pressure and/or rpm. The reason for this is (obviously) you need to consume more fuel/air for more power. But, it doesn't always show up in the game . . . and there are other minor issues . . . In this case though, the jump indicates either 100% or 110% with no intermediate setting. All or nothing concerning WEP.

Unknown-Pilot
11-23-2005, 12:28 PM
Flying the 190A5 over Crimea offline I found that reducing throttle to anywhere from 101 to 103% (from 110) and keeping Erhote Notleistun on, actually lets the engine cool back to normal if you're quick enough about it.

Haven't watched the ATA guage when doing it though. But it does seem to imply that there is a power difference accounted for incrementally between 100 and 110.