PDA

View Full Version : Assassing Creed 2 Freezes During Cutscenes

lordrussano2
12-09-2011, 03:16 PM
I am running Win7-64 bit, and I am having a problem with Assassins Creed2. My game crashed during the cut scene after playing the very first flying machine sequence. Shortly after Leonardo realizes that fire is needed to boost the distance, the game goes into a crazy spasm of minimizing and maximizing. It does this at the exact same part each time I've tried it. After 2-3 cycles of min-max, the game crashes altogether. The audio changes to a continuous buzz, and the maximized screen freezes on the image it was displaying. If I don't end the AC2 process before the buzzing starts, my computer will automatically go into the blue screen of death, and restart. This problem first happened when I was trying to solve the four puzzles in the Assassins tomb in San Marino. I was able to continue only by aborting the memory sequence. Now, the glitch is occurring in a main story quest. My system specs are low, but good enough to run the game no problem up until this point. I have been using GameBooster 3, and closing all unnecessary processes. I have also been having a minor glitch problem, where the display freezes at random parts of the game. The audio continues, and I can solve this easily enough by ending the process and re-opening the game. I don't know if these two problems are related, but I can live with the second one.

Ferrith
12-09-2011, 04:21 PM
What are your system's specs?
BSoD is related to hardware problems, and I think the source of your frustration is your computer, not the game.

lordrussano2
12-10-2011, 07:24 PM
I have a dell Inspiron N7010 laptop with plenty of free hard drive space. Processor is intel i5 @ 2.53 GHZ. Like I said before, I have window 7 home premium 64 bit. I have 6 gb of RAM. My intel he graphics card is crap, but I don't think that's the problem.

Ferrith
12-11-2011, 05:01 AM
It could be a bad memory or OS related problem - the blue screen of death points to that direction. A poor graphic card does not help either. In your shoes I would check with one of the Win 7 sites out there.

akhi-s
01-01-2012, 03:03 AM
@lordrussano2:
I'm facing same problem. I tried running the game with lowest graphics settings and lowest resolution but the problem remains same. Its really frustrating.
My specs are:
intel core i3 2.93GHz
2GB DDR3 RAM
Win-7 32-bit OS
NO ATI or NVIDIA graphics card installed.
Even in absence of Graphics card (ATI/NVIDIA) the game has been working fairly good till this point.
Does anybody have the solution???