PDA

View Full Version : Ac2 vs Ac Brotherhood Free-Running

KonnecT
02-12-2011, 11:06 PM
I was wondering what were the opinion of gamers on the free-running between these two amazing games. AC2 was the heaven of parkour, it felt seamless going from each rooftop in 5 beautiful playgrounds while never touching the ground. Brotherhood feels like an unfinished construction park with alot of Pot Holes (the seamless parkour in AC2 in somewhat absent). Yes 1 playground in Brotherhood is somewhat nice to look at, but compared to AC2..

What are you're opinions?
---
PS360WII Owner PSN: Konnect GT: xT12uTHx

Ass4ssin8me
02-12-2011, 11:32 PM
AC2 for sure. It just seemed so smooth and fluent. ACB is like I jump, grab, climb and repeat.

KonnecT
02-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Thanks for giving you're opinion sir. Yes Fluent is indeed the perfect word for AC2. When I first played AC2 again after Brotherhood I was actually surprised that Ezio could jump from one rooftop to another without grabbing onto anything.

Krayus Korianis
02-13-2011, 12:12 AM
To me, AC:B is more fluid on free running. Almost like AC 1 was supposed to be.

Ass4ssin8me
02-13-2011, 02:55 AM
Everything, I dislike about the Brotherhood Map is, the fact it is just one, big thing. In AC2 everything felt alive, and made you feel as though you were there.
They really focused on the small, detail like the spacing of buildings, which is why I feel less like running, and more like climbing all the time.

In ACB it, felt as though they focused on landmarks, but everything else, was just filler, something they had to get out of the way. And the, fact everywhere felt and looked the same didn't help.

Other than Desmonds, parts ACB, on a whole felt unpolished, not just the Free-running. Ezio, even seemed to lose all emotion. Notice, after the start he completly, forgot about Mario, until sequence 9?

Sorry, if this seems like a mini-reveiw, but one opinion led to another etc. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

KaiserC96
02-13-2011, 04:46 AM
after playing ac1 for a good couple of months, then suddenly changing to ac2,i noticed a big difference there. somehow, ezio seemed smaller, but more fluent if you know what i mean. same goes for the change to brotherhood, (not the size thing though) it felt more fluent and more free-runny rather than just jumoing from builing to building all the time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

KonnecT
02-13-2011, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by KaiserC96:
same goes for the change to brotherhood, (not the size thing though) it felt more fluent and more free-runny rather than just jumoing from builing to building all the time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

I understand what you mean. Instead of Ezio running from rooftop to rooftop he was either playing Assassin(Track) and Field in the streets or Red Dead Assassin while riding the horse http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

yly3
02-13-2011, 05:32 AM
Oh c'mon ! I remember when AC2 was released (almost) EVERYONE here complained that AC2 parkour is too fast and is not so "human and realistic" as AC1 was and it's the other way around? Personally, for fooling around AC2 is indeed more enjoyable but I think the realism from AC1 climbing/parkour is better represented. The same in Brotherhood.

If I were a developer reading this thread right now I would at least be confused.
No offence to anyone.

iN3krO
02-13-2011, 05:38 AM
i've never enjoyed ALTAIR parkour style... it's so boring... i mean altair cuz on AC2 there's a part where u play with Altair and it's as slowly as AC1, so i think it's a character problem....

RebeccaLH
02-13-2011, 05:45 AM
I voted AC2.

Hardstyles
02-13-2011, 06:13 AM
For ability ac2 and bh, that guy just didn't care about gravity, 6-8 metre jumps? No hassle. 15metre fall, who cares?

Ac 1 for awesome free running

SolidSage
02-13-2011, 12:32 PM
I think the routes were easier to find in AC2 than they were in ACB.
Once you found a nice route in Brotherhood, the flow was as good as any of the other games.

hewkii9
02-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Yeah, AC2's freerunning kind of sucked, the nuance was boiled down to "take the white sheet route". Also, every city was virtually flat at ground level. I loved Rome for defying that, running along a grassy field then dropping three storeys to an alleyway.

KonnecT
02-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Alot of different opinions in this poll in which I did not expect, but it is great to see how other gamers view the parkour/FR aspect of this series. Thank You for the comments.

Ru1986
02-14-2011, 03:53 AM
Agree with most here. AC2 Freerunning was better but i dont think ACB was supposed to feature highly in the freerunning. As for AC1 does not even come close.

theantifart
04-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Well I realy liked the parkour/free runing of AC1 due to the narrow streets and flat roofs. Then Came AC2 the bulidings where taller and you could do that 'Jump Catch Thing' I fell in love. Then I got ACB well I must say that I was a little diapointed with thr Parkour/Free running I mean the bulidings looked all the same and guards still couldn't climb (I didn't realy care in AC2 because there were so many ladders). So I must say the AC2 won my vote. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

phil.llllll
04-25-2011, 03:40 AM
So what you're really asking is - what game's levels best exploited the free running system?

In that case, I'd say they all did a fantastic job but overall I'd pick AC1, mainly because the cities were smaller which made it harder to find uncrossable gaps between the rooftops.

itsamea-mario
04-25-2011, 03:51 AM
Well as far as ability goes, i'd say brotherhood, because it's basically the same as AC2, except i little bit more.
But they really did fail on the environment, you rarely felt any sense of flow, which is the most important thing, even AC1 did this better.
As said before most of what ezio does is just running, which is wuite boring.

AC2 had the advantage of a suitable environment. The bars, beams, hanging thingy-ma-bobs that you swung on, allowed you to find a flow around the city.
One of my favourite parts was one of the more industrial parts of venice, lots of narrowish alleys with beams and swinging bars.

So out of the two AC2 was more fluid, therefore IMO better.

Maxiimum
04-25-2011, 06:23 AM
I like that in the Brotherhood the city is not flat, as pointed out above. However, jumping off narrow poles and beams at angles is very jerky in both games, but more so in Brotherhood.

Overall, Assassins creed 2 was faster free-running, but maybe you could argue that it was because Ezio was younger then compared to his supposed middle age in Brotherhood.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ChaosxNetwork
04-25-2011, 06:27 AM
I prefer Rome in AC:B as a background, but preferred the fluentness (Word?haha)in movement of ACII.