PDA

View Full Version : ** IL2 Photo Competition 2009 **

toogame
06-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Hi All,

http://api.ning.com/files/Ib8feXrSNrFYAt6g*fDcAqBw2zRfX1rb75AEcSKwrZGgfMSWRO y6oCTg5Xd97JvD0tFWjAnQGeMv8OuJ57YqCQcvTtTGmF*z/trophyDAFPHOTO.jpg

Please note the new IL2 Photo Competition from DAF is now open.
Enter or vote on your favourite IL2 pictures, enter you best pic and vote on others. Public voting & entry is open.

Entries close 22nd of July 2009

All are welcome to enter and vote. Please see here for details

Click here (http://desertairforce.ning.com/photo/albums/il2-photo-competition-2009) click here

Good Luck !

Phas3e
06-04-2009, 07:57 PM
How much photoshop editing can be done to the screenshot?
(Just looking at the spitfire one already there)

toogame
06-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Phas3e:

No Limits onto how much, obviously people voting will take into concideration how realistic or feel of the picture is and details when they vote.

The main rule for entry is that it need to be a IL2 picture.

Bearcat99
06-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by toogame:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phas3e:

No Limits onto how much, obviously people voting will take into concideration how realistic or feel of the picture is and details when they vote.

The main rule for entry is that it need to be a IL2 picture. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So... you are saying a screenshot competition...?

toogame
06-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Its a IL2 picture competition which you need to use IL2 so yes you would have to use a screenshot, e.g: You cant add a photo from Silent hunter 3 or another game.

If you have a screenshot and wish to photoshop it then thats what we are looking at for entry.

Cheers

ysydor201988
06-04-2009, 10:02 PM
coool stufff i'm ready today i will post a photo let the best may win http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

toogame
06-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Please note:

The earlier you submit your entry the more possible votes you will obtain from voters. The cut off date is 22 of July which is also the cut off for votes.

The earlier you submit the more chance of winning !!

Cheers

VW-IceFire
06-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by toogame:
Please note:

The earlier you submit your entry the more possible votes you will obtain from voters. The cut off date is 22 of July which is also the cut off for votes.

The earlier you submit the more chance of winning !!

Cheers
Not to rain on the parade but doesn't that seem a little silly? I could submit something that is barely adequate and win because I submitted it first while a much better entry also gets in at the right time but looses because it hasn't been up for long enough? Is that right?

toogame
06-08-2009, 08:48 PM
actually no, if its not a good picture then it will get a bad rating, we take into account the number of votes and ratings 1-5, so if the bad picture has allot of votes but only rated 1 out of 5 then it wont do well.

Where this comes into play is when you have for example 2 pictures both rated 5 (Top rated) then YES the number of votes will be taken into account along with the judges votes to determine the winner.

We have had allot of feed back from people wanting to add their picture later on, thats fine, though we do suggest you put your entry in as soon as possible as voting is open.

VW-IceFire
06-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Alright that does make some more sense then when I read it the first time.

I still wonder if a shorter voting period after a longer submission period might be a better way to do it. But thats just comments from the peanut gallery here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Good luck with the contest....I may see if I have anything that I might like to submit.