PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite game improvement

samward
10-20-2011, 04:11 AM
I have been playing through all the games again, as I am sure many other people are, and with each game I find that I am so happy to have the improvements that come with that game. I think over all it is easy to over look these nice touches that have been added over time, but when you go without them... man are you happy when they show up again. hahha

So all of that to say what is your fav AC game improvement?

I honestly think mine has to be in AC2 with the ability to pull people of off ledges, kill from hiding spots and strike from above.

Anyone else?

LightRey
10-20-2011, 04:31 AM
AC2: the freerunning/parkour being much more fluent (and quicker).

ACB: This is a hard one. There's so much! I think I'll go with being able to use 2 weapons during combat.

dxsxhxcx
10-20-2011, 04:50 AM
the ones you mentioned + poison blade/darts

XxKillaChaosxX
10-20-2011, 04:54 AM
AC2: Double hidden Blades
ACB: Recruits
ACR: Hookblade

blazefp
10-20-2011, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:

ACB: This is a hard one. There's so much! I think I'll go with being able to use 2 weapons during combat.

This ^ though I'm not really sure if I prefer killing two people at the same time or using the recruits.

JJTHoukes
10-20-2011, 05:10 AM
Personally, I loved the changes from the first game to the second.
It amazed me that it was even by the same people - and not another company that bought the rights -, that's how much it had improved.

The story was much better. The missions less repetitive and more interesting. There were sidemissions. The character(s) got developed, very, very well. I can go on here forever, really.

In AC:B, I liked that you could now pick items off of dead bodies. It doesn't seem like that big of an improvement, but it really did help a lot. I barely ever had to buy ammo or medicine.
With these items, ofcourse, also come the shopquests.
I'm not sure about those. It's a love hate thing.
I like that they make us work for the good equipment, but at the same time wished the items were easier to find. I mean, the shrunken heads... really?
-Oh, shi. I completely forgot the recruit system.

AC:R's graphics look amazing,
The bomb crafting looks cool, even if I won't use the bombs a lot, I'm still interested in the combinations.
The den game looks really cool, but might get annoying if we have to defend them too often.

The hookblade doesn't really interest me, to be honest.

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-20-2011, 05:22 AM
In AC2 my favorite thing was the whole game itself! It was my first AC game that I had ever played and i completely love everything about the game!

AC:B wasn't much of an improvement from AC2 IMO. The graphics were improved a little bit and there were a few new things added. With that being said i'd say im favorite thing from AC:B was the killstreaks.

AC:R looks completely awesome. I can't wait any longer for it! The hook blade looks awesome, the story looks it's going to be amazing and the graphics also look amazing.

LightRey
10-20-2011, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by blazefp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

This ^ though I'm not really sure if I prefer killing two people at the same time or using the recruits. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, it's a very close call between the two. I eventually went with the ability to use 2 weapons, because I wasn't sure if the recruits could be considered a game improvement.

Rakudaton
10-20-2011, 06:04 AM
ACII: New assassination techniques -- particularly double hidden blades and aerial assassinations.

ACB: Execution streaks.

ACR: Being able to pair up any ranged weapon with any combat weapon. Gun+hidden blades FTW!

phoenix-force411
10-20-2011, 09:49 AM
AC2: Combat system too basic and boring! Everything is awesome except the fighting system!

AC: Combat System was the best and very well challenged upon the player, and there's more to the combat system. Missions are too linear, but the graphics are better than AC2's.

ACB: Combat system has to be my second best, but the missions were boring and not really worth replaying! But the graphics were a huge improvement from AC2!

jbahr11
10-20-2011, 10:08 AM
AC2 I liked the 2 new assassination techniques, anyone who says that the aerial assassination was introduced has forgotten that you can do that in AC1 in high profile if you timed it right, and I liked all the codex inventions

ACB I like the recruits, kill streaks, darts, parachute, crossbow and two weapons in combat

ACR I like the hookblade, den defence, and bombs

LightRey
10-20-2011, 10:11 AM
In ACR I suspect I'll like the recruits being more integrated into the story the most, though I'm definitely also excited about the improvements to combat and freerunning thanks to the hookblade.

samward
10-20-2011, 10:36 AM
In ACR I suspect I'll like the recruits being more integrated into the story the most, though I'm definitely also excited about the improvements to combat and freerunning thanks to the hookblade.

I have to say I am super excited about this as well. While the recruits where a very nice touch in ACB, they felt a bit like robot minions after a while since they had no personality and other the selecting a few things on a screen and we never really had any real involvement with them. Will be a nice and will make the game feel more real getting to know them or even go on missions with them!

LightRey
10-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by samward:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

I have to say I am super excited about this as well. While the recruits where a very nice touch in ACB, they felt a bit like robot minions after a while since they had no personality and other the selecting a few things on a screen and we never really had any real involvement with them. Will be a nice and will make the game feel more real getting to know them or even go on missions with them! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Definitely. I do like my robot slaves though, but that might just be because I'm so lazy that even while playing games I like others to do the dirty work for me.

dave93vert
10-20-2011, 10:49 AM
MW3 offers co-op for xbox live, its fun to play with other humans controlling your mission allies.
cmon AC, catch up

Rakudaton
10-20-2011, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by jbahr11:
anyone who says that the aerial assassination was introduced has forgotten that you can do that in AC1

... OR they didn't forget, but were aware that it was clumsy, awkward, and extremely limited in the first game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

LightRey
10-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jbahr11:
anyone who says that the aerial assassination was introduced has forgotten that you can do that in AC1

... OR they didn't forget, but were aware that it was clumsy, awkward, and extremely limited in the first game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Then maybe they should've added the word "improved" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

SleezeRocker
10-20-2011, 12:06 PM
AC2- Air Kill
ACB- Poison dart,Crossbow, twoable smoke bomb(after Da vinci adD)

luckyto
10-20-2011, 12:29 PM
AC2 - Air Kill. Weapon Wheel. Experience and economy system.
ACB - Chain-killing, and nothing else.

Rakudaton
10-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Then maybe they should've added the word "improved" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

Fair point, but I still think the mechanic in the first game doesn't deserve the title "aerial assassination". Rather it should be called "falling off a ledge, from a low height, and about 60% of the time landing on an enemy and stabbing them, with the remaining 40% of the time -- normally when you're about to assassinate a main target -- missing completely and just dropping to the ground".

Furthermore, I did call it a new technique, not an entirely different concept. Considering how different it is from the first game's rendition, I think it could be considered different. But I digress. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

LightRey
10-20-2011, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:

Fair point, but I still think the mechanic in the first game doesn't deserve the title "aerial assassination". Rather it should be called "falling off a ledge, from a low height, and about 60% of the time landing on an enemy and stabbing them, with the remaining 40% of the time -- normally when you're about to assassinate a main target -- missing completely and just dropping to the ground".

Furthermore, I did call it a new technique, not an entirely different concept. Considering how different it is from the first game's rendition, I think it could be considered different. But I digress. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I suppose you have a good point too. At least we all know what we're talking about now.

Animuses
10-20-2011, 01:49 PM
AC2: Assassination techniques and improved free-running abilities.
ACB: Execution streak.

SixKeys
10-20-2011, 03:05 PM
AC2: I suppose air assassination. If that had been in the first game, it would have been perfect. Day/night cycle was nice. The courtesans were my favorite faction and the only one I ever really needed. The increased amount of cinematics which gave the game a more movie-like quality. Subject 16's glyphs.

ACB: Poison darts, definitely. On my current run of the game I haven't even bothered buying the crossbow because I like Ezio to look as natural as possible. The poison darts do the job of silent killing perfectly. I also like being able to free-roam as Desmond whenever I want. And of course, multi-player.

Dralight
10-20-2011, 03:19 PM
AC2: All the new assassination techniques, improved free running and double hidden blades

ACB: Recruits, poison darts, killstreaks and multiplayer

ACR: Hookblade, upgraded recruit system and the den attack/defense feature.

SirRaelix
10-20-2011, 11:13 PM
AC2, I liked that the game was less repetitive, it made the game a lot more enjoyable. I bought AC1 when it first came out and was so excited to play it, I got it home played for the next few days constantly, something happened and I lost my game save, up until the next game came out I couldn't bring myself to even beat the game. I also thought that the side missions and the rebuilding process was awesome in the game to keep you entertained even when you beat the game.

ACB - I liked how you could replay a memory. I don't believe that you could in AC2 I might be wrong. But I had to replay the entire game again just to get my 5 achievement points that I missed the first time playing the game because I got my achievements at the end ofthe game and you couldn't get the flying machine one at any point besides the storyline. I also thought that the execution streaks were pretty phenomenal. That gave you the ability to fight however you liked instead of the constant countering and the long dragged out fights.

ACR - I haven't played it yet, but i'll decide after I do play the game.