PDA

View Full Version : AI versus Human

MLudner
10-17-2005, 09:06 PM
AI is no equal to human, period. I have now had my first experiences flying on-line and I have been well butchered - though I did chase one guy into the drink.
An AI Ace has a snowball's chance in Hades of downing me, and manage to get even a single round into my ship once on a blue moon.
I have been sniped right out of my cockpit tonight twice - once by a passing Spit, then with a FW-190 I was scrambling with - in bad angle, head-on, rudder kick shots that had my corpse saluting all the way into the water below. In each case I was at a perfectly safe angle if facing Ace level AI.
There's no match for full real; it's as simple as that.
I'm really gonna have to adjust my tactics...

Of course, some it's just been atrociously execrable bad luck (One La pilot got blind lucky when my screen froze and I lost sight of him. By the time I was able to pick him up again it was way too late.)

And, in case one of you sees this - and you'll know if you're one of these two:
I did not drop out of the game on you last night, I was booted by my firewall program (realplayer wanted to access the internet). I was the guy on 334th Dedicated flying the Ta-152 on the Blue Team. I was returning to action when I ran into a P-51 who came after me. He got a round into my ship in a head-on snap shot, then we tangoed. But, I really did not want to fight him; I was after that red Ta-152 who had downed me in a Bf-109G10 just before I could get my first-ever on-line victory over a La that had attacked me just after my 2nd tassle with the 152. So I opted to break, try and lose him, then hunt down the Red 152 and have a go when he couldn't run away (Not to say I would have won). But the verdammt Mustang was ruthlessly persistent, so I decided to put up a fight to the finish ... that is until he was joined by a komerade causing me to decide discretion had just become the better part of valor and make a run for it. I was diving away, MW50 on and throttle firewalled when I was booted by realplayer.

I look forward to being butchered by you all once again in the near future!
Your humble target,
PROXIMVS

msalama
10-18-2005, 01:07 AM
I have to agree.

And I also have to admit that I was put off for a long time by the overtly whiney nature of some OL pilots, and thus didn't want to try it at all until now... But finally did out of curiosity, and yep, there's no competition. I can hold my own against AI any day, but OL players have really and truly beaten my a**e every bloody time so far! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

And my stubborn decision of trying to master the A-20 online doesn't really help at all either, when there's a bunch of experienced Fokker & Biffer pilots against you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

But one learns, hopefully. Starting from Tail Gunning 101...

PS. Big K!!! to the WarClouds crowd for the FISC server. Awsum http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Tully__
10-18-2005, 05:18 AM
A tip for smoother online play... shut down anything and everything not essential to running the game. You might be surprised by how much better the game runs, even offline.

stubby
10-18-2005, 06:48 AM
"AI is no equal to human, period"

Interesting. How long have you survived (ie without hitting the 'refly' button) in an offline dynamic campaign? Most folks I know that have attempted to sustain a survival streak againt the lowly AI rarely last a dozen missions.

AI planes have their place. If you put one or two ace AI planes in a QMB, yea, they're pretty easy since you know all the variables like plane type, altitude, their numbers. Put them in the context of a campaign where you fly 'dead-is-dead', whole different ball game.

Anyway, there are some great human pilots on HL, no doubt about that. But then, for every 1 great human pilot on HL, you have another 20 human flying drones that probaly couldn't match wits with a 'vet' AI pilot.

SeaFireLIV
10-18-2005, 07:02 AM

Well I don`t see why anyone should expect AI to beat Humans when the Human brain is THE most complex organism in the universe. I can never understand why they should be even comparable.

But the AI does a good job in what it`s designed to do and it`s very convenient and won`t throw an illogical wobbly just cause it feels like it.

And out of the 2, I have still seen HUMANs act more stupidly than AI. And you will too once you`ve played online long enough.

LEXX_Luthor
10-18-2005, 07:11 AM
stubby::
Interesting. How long have you survived (ie without hitting the 'refly' button) in an offline dynamic campaign? Most folks I know that have attempted to sustain a survival streak againt the lowly AI rarely last a dozen missions.
Right!

AI are not interested in the basic Online Dogfight, and are much better at simulating Air Warfare assuming proper waypoint generation, although AI still has a long way to go. AI has not changed much since the early 1990s flight sims, and I think the more recent focus on Online Dogfight gaming has crippled AI development and so has crippled flight sim development (fancy grafix aside), which is sad, since both Online and Offline campaigns equally need AI.

MLudner
10-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Tully__:
A tip for smoother online play... shut down anything and everything not essential to running the game. You might be surprised by how much better the game runs, even offline.

Well, I didn't have realplayer actively on, but the update functions try to access the internet from time to time to check for updates to download and sometimes they pick the worst times. My firewall asks me whenever a program tries to access the internet by opening a window with yes or no links. It will minimize whatever other windows are open to do so. When I tried to reopen the game just collapsed. I could keep it from happening, but I have to shutdown ZoneAlarm to do it and that means my computer is naked and helpless for the duration.

Freelancer-1
10-18-2005, 11:58 AM
In most programs, Realplayer included, you can (and should) disable automatic updates.

Else you can simply click deny access in zone alarm with the remember box checked and it will not happen again.

Nothing more annoying than the computer running the user. Take control, MLudner, take control.

ViktorViktor
10-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Good point, Stubby. I've begun to get a real inferiority complex from hearing how everyone puts down the AI flyers, while I, who fly only offline, consider it a major accomplishment to last 20 missions flying offline against AI opposition. (I've done it twice in 2 years.)

It's amazing to read the stats of some of these real-life Luftwaffe fighter pilots who flew 300 - 1000 missions, and engaged in 100 - 350 combats against the enemy. And survived. What an accomplishment !

The AI is more than a handful for me when the objective is trying to last through an entire campaign.

Is there anyone out there who has no trouble surviving an entire offline campaign ?

SeaFireLIV
10-18-2005, 01:06 PM
I`ve never managed it in 3 years. There`s always one that gets ya. Yep, the enemy AI in Campaign does more than enough in its mission to stop you.

stubby
10-18-2005, 01:25 PM
Hey ViktorViktor,

Don't let these guys fool you. The ones that say the AI is not match when compared to human flyers. Like I said, those types base their judgement on 5 minute QMBs. Put them in a dead-is-dead campaign against four or five enemy squads populated with 'vet' and 'ace' AI pilots, they'll soil their panties and cry to mama as they watch their plane crash to earth and they end up having to parachute 40 km behind enemy lines.

Regardless of what they say ViktorViktor, the AI can be a real handful in a campaign environment where the 'refly' is no option. In dogfight servers and QMBs, nobody cares about streaks, survival, etc.. so everybody flies like a nut. This changes the whole dynamic of how things really were. Most WWII pilots cared about trivial things like living and not being burned alive in their cockpits.

Bottom line ViktorViktor - you have ZERO to feel inferior about. Don't let the loud mouths whom bodly claim that the AI is unworthy or no better than flying brick bring you down brotha. Enjoy the game and remember, hardly anybody flies dead-is-dead in campaigns because it's way too challenging for most becuase rewards come not in massive kills stats, but landing your plane at the end of the sortie and making it back to your barracks in one piece.

MLudner
10-18-2005, 04:59 PM
I am not saying AI is unworthy. In mass combat with enough of them around they can become quite dangerous.
I was speaking in terms of 1 on 1, mano e mano.
I have flown offline for many moons. Offline my leading pilot, whose name I use here, Manfred Ludner, has 66 victories on the Ost Front and my campaign has just hit November, 1941. My Southern Front jagdflieger, Joachim Rausch, has 40 + luftsieg - and he was flying Bf-110's for a time. As a long time offline pilot running 3 separate campaigns I do not mean to denigrate anyone who flies offline.
Just, I am in a state of shock over what happened to me against human opposition. Offline, I actually was flying most ops against the rarer, Yak-1's and 7's, LaGG-3's and MiG-3's; the best fighters the VVS had in 41, and the victory records of each of my OF LW pilots show that. The point being, I don't make it easy on myself.
Yes, some of my campaign pilots have been killed. 2 VVS pilots on the southern front have become KIA, 1 USAAF pilot in my Ardennes campaign is now KIA.
But, the human opposition I ran into was much more dangerous. I landed ONCE, an even then I was riddled.

MLudner
10-18-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by stubby:
Hey ViktorViktor,

Don't let these guys fool you. The ones that say the AI is not match when compared to human flyers. Like I said, those types base their judgement on 5 minute QMBs. Put them in a dead-is-dead campaign against four or five enemy squads populated with 'vet' and 'ace' AI pilots, they'll soil their panties and cry to mama as they watch their plane crash to earth and they end up having to parachute 40 km behind enemy lines.

Regardless of what they say ViktorViktor, the AI can be a real handful in a campaign environment where the 'refly' is no option. In dogfight servers and QMBs, nobody cares about streaks, survival, etc.. so everybody flies like a nut. This changes the whole dynamic of how things really were. Most WWII pilots cared about trivial things like living and not being burned alive in their cockpits.

Bottom line ViktorViktor - you have ZERO to feel inferior about. Don't let the loud mouths whom bodly claim that the AI is unworthy or no better than flying brick bring you down brotha. Enjoy the game and remember, hardly anybody flies dead-is-dead in campaigns because it's way too challenging for most becuase rewards come not in massive kills stats, but landing your plane at the end of the sortie and making it back to your barracks in one piece.

Not so in this case, Stubby. My AI sill level settings are historical. In the late war Ardennes campaign when I fly for the LW we are always out-classed. Allied typical flight rates Veteran-Average / Veteran-Average (1-2 / 3-4), with 1 to 3 aces allowed per squadron. Typical LW: Average-Rookie / Average-Rookie, maximum of 1 Ace allowed per squadron, typical Staffelkapitan will rate Veteran (Which means, of course, most LW Staffel will not have any aces.)
In my last LW mission Joachim Gartner flying his FW-190D9 took part in a Circus mission (Extremely rare mission type for LW pilots this stage of the war, with a 1 in 20 chance of occuring ... it just happened that I rolled a 20). The RAF dispatched a Polish Squadron flying Spit IXe's led by an Ace. The USAAF intercepted with a squadron of P-51D's, also led by an Ace. A single flight of Tempest V's also joined the fray, allied typical. 28 Allied fighters versus 22 LW, LW out-classed. There were no Aces on our side.
Gartner shot down the Polish Ace squadron commander, and his wingman, after they attacked him. For good measure, he also downed a P-51D. He then ran into the Ace P-51 Squadron Commander and his wingman - I was having atrocious luck that op! When I realized who those two A--holes were that I was about to engage I was muttering, "Cripes! Again with the aces!" - In the resulting furball Gartner shot up both Mustangs, but failed to down either. He then broke and headed for home due to fuel shortage - I was gliding when I recrossed the lines as I had run dry. For some reason neither AI pilot showed much inclination to pursue me after I dove away...

MLudner
10-18-2005, 08:28 PM
BTW, ViktorViktor:
It is not my intention to make anyone feel inferior ... I feel pretty inferior myself just now. I thought I knew what I was doing once upon a time.
I am entirely sympathetic to mslama up yonder; I know just how he feels.
Keep in mind that I am only just beginning to fly on-line; until Saturday I had never even seen an on-line game. Sunday was my first time actually taking-off in one. This is just what I experienced after going on-line and diving into a furball for the first time:
Butcher's row.
In my humble opinion the AI does not match up to Human opposition, which is not to say you suck if you fly offline only. I have for years.

MLudner
10-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Freelancer-1:
In most programs, Realplayer included, you can (and should) disable automatic updates.

Else you can simply click deny access in zone alarm with the remember box checked and it will not happen again.

Nothing more annoying than the computer running the user. Take control, MLudner, take control.

But, then I have to pay attention to the computer ... I have to think about it ... which is sort of like the computer taking control of me ... forcing me to do what it wants me to do ... the computer running the user, you might say ...
Tongue in cheek, of course. Good advice, thank you.

stubby
10-19-2005, 05:24 AM
MLudner -

It's all good. I admire the fact that atleast you've got some offline campaigning experience so I give you props in that regards. It's just amusing to hear online guys (ie roughly just 1% of the people that own and play Il2) dis the AI because they've discovered the highly releastic environment of Greetergreen or Warclouds. If online was awesome, then why is it that on any given night on HL, I might see about 300 people total? Half them typically don't even leave the chat area and spend their entire time *****ing about vulchers or some jerk that rammed him in a quake server.

Anyway, if you ever think the AI is not match for humans, I recommend you get the latest version of DCG, set the AI skill level to 'ace' for each squad, fly with the squad density set to 'moderate' or 'heavy' and get back with me. If you try to fly an AI only campaign using the tactics I often see imployed by all humans on WC or GG or any other dogfight server, you won't last the first 10 missions.

Kuna15
10-19-2005, 05:31 AM
@ MLudner if you fly alone online make sure always that you always start a fight with advantage (energy/altitude) and try to be high as possible (TA-152 is just about perfect machine for that). I've flown on 334th server in past and I had success with TA-152, IMHO at that time it was the best high altitude fighter available there.

AI planes have their place. If you put one or two ace AI planes in a QMB, yea, they're pretty easy since you know all the variables like plane type, altitude, their numbers. Put them in the context of a campaign where you fly 'dead-is-dead', whole different ball game.

Anyway, there are some great human pilots on HL, no doubt about that. But then, for every 1 great human pilot on HL, you have another 20 human flying drones that probaly couldn't match wits with a 'vet' AI pilot.

Gotta agree. In QMB it is a lot easier while in campaign one must be carefull at all times (maybe even more en route to home http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif).
If we play on 'realistic' settings in campaign game is difficult, no doubt about it, especially if player is flying slower machine compared to AI contemporary fighters.

MLudner
10-19-2005, 01:42 PM
MLudner -

It's all good. I admire the fact that atleast you've got some offline campaigning experience so I give you props in that regards. It's just amusing to hear online guys (ie roughly just 1% of the people that own and play Il2) dis the AI because they've discovered the highly releastic environment of Greetergreen or Warclouds. If online was awesome, then why is it that on any given night on HL, I might see about 300 people total? Half them typically don't even leave the chat area and spend their entire time *****ing about vulchers or some jerk that rammed him in a quake server.

Anyway, if you ever think the AI is not match for humans, I recommend you get the latest version of DCG, set the AI skill level to 'ace' for each squad, fly with the squad density set to 'moderate' or 'heavy' and get back with me. If you try to fly an AI only campaign using the tactics I often see imployed by all humans on WC or GG or any other dogfight server, you won't last the first 10 missions.

I really don't think AI is. As I said above: Both the Spit and 190 hit me at angles where I was perfectly safe against Ace level AI. The Spit really surprised me because I was looking at him as he angled his nose at me and was thinking he had a snowball's chance in Hades of hitting. He then promptly picked me off. Until that moment I was not worried about him because I have zipped past AI Aces at that angle in QMB and FMB Campaign Missions repeatedly and they won't even waste their ammo, same with the 190. The 190 had swung onto my tail in the incipient moment of our brawl and I had promptly entered into my preferred series of evasive maneuvers, which worked fine and shook him off of my tail after a go around. I was then angling to cut onto his tail when he did the same thing the Spit had done one life earlier, but from an even worse angle! Frankly, human gunnery is much more dangerous and accurate than AI.
Which is not to say that ANY human player is better than ALL AI. I am better than any AI pilot, I have come to realize, but not all human players could say that. The reason is that I can out-think the AI and out-maneuver it and out-fly it. The human opposition I was encountering were out-flying - in a couple of cases - me, and out-shooting me. It was the shooting that was most impressive.

Brain32
10-19-2005, 01:54 PM
Hmm, my findings are somewhat opposite. It used to be: "When you are able to down 4 AI aces you are ready to go online". I manage to do that like erhm ONCE but I didn't care for an "unwritten law" and went online, looky here I was competitive.
AI is flying their planes far beyond capatibilities of the plane which limit us, and that is one thing I can't overcome.

MLudner
10-19-2005, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kuna15:
@ MLudner if you fly alone online make sure always that you always start a fight with advantage (energy/altitude) and try to be high as possible (TA-152 is just about perfect machine for that). I've flown on 334th server in past and I had success with TA-152, IMHO at that time it was the best high altitude fighter available there.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to do. When I ran into that solitary Mustang I was a bit over 10,000 ft above sea level. I take-off, climb, then turn to the area where I think most of the fighting's going on, then I try to jump somebody. I got caught low a time or two earlier because I did not know where to go to find the bad guys and I had begun to suspect they were all down on the deck where I would not see them from there. So, I descended to the deck to see if I could find anybody. Got caught down there once and it ended badly for me ... predictably. I have since figured out just head in the direction of the enemy bases; they'll all be there waiting for you along the way.
I was not intentionally flying alone. I kept trying to fly wing for someone else, or fly top cover over them while they were fighting against a red player one-on-one to protect them against intrusion by additional red aircraft. Specifically I was doing that for someone called "Marcphil" (or something similar) and - I think - Han_Freak_Solo(?), or someone else with either "Han" or "Solo" in their callsign. I tried to catch up with the Han or Solo character, but he was too far ahead by the time I got to altitude.
It was all cool .... except that I kept getting killed.
But, hey, it's a Valhalla of sorts and we all get up and dust ourselves of at the end of the day and have a good laugh over it.

MLudner
10-19-2005, 08:27 PM
My Offline missions:
Ost Front 22 Jun 41 - 10 November 41:
Luftwaffe
Manfred Ludner, Oblt. SK / 2 / I / JG51: 37 Missions / 66 Victories.
Joachim Rausch, Obfw. SF / 3 / 1 / III / JG77: 27 / 45.
VVS
Vladimir Rasputin, SL FL / 2 / 2nd / 16 GvIAP: 18 / 16.
Alexei Kurdanov (KIA 19 Sep 41), SL FL / 3 / 3rd / 6th GvIAP: 13 / 12.
Ivan Petrofsky Skevar (KIA 26 Oct 41) ML 3rd / 58th GvIAP: 5 / 8.5.

PTO -
Mead Gordon Burrows, USAAF, 1Lt. EL / 2 / 36th PS / 8th FG: 4 / 4.
Thaddeus Kinser, USMC, 1Lt. FL / 3 / VMF 24: 4 / 5.
Dewitt Luther Moffet, USN, Ens. 2 / 1 / VF 2: 3 / 2.
Kelly Oakes Short, RAAF, PO. EL / 3 / No.75 Sqdrn: 3 / 6.

Ardennes:
Erich Ludner, Lt. Bf-109G10: 2 / 1
Edward Cope, 1Lt. P-51D: 2 / 5 (4 + 2 Shared)
Joachim Gartner, Lt. FW-190D9: 4 / 7
Alan Pickett, 2Lt. P-47D: 2 / 2
Gerhard Seidemann, Olt. Me-262A: 2 / 3
Thomas Farrow, 2Lt. (KIA - 5 Nov 44) P-38J: 2 / 0
Kurt Kessler, Lt. Bf-110G2: 3 / 2
Dusty Farewell, PO Spitfire IXe: 1 / 0

Total: 132 Missions / 3 Deaths vs. 184.5 Victories.

I build each mission myself, and only have time to fly 2 per weekend (one on Saturday and one on Sunday). I keep meticulous records and have a pilot log for each pilot, which I update after the mission is complete.
The odd mission numbers for the pilots in the Ardennes campaign result from the fact that it is based on a calendar where each pilot's missions are randomly (dice rolls) placed in each week, so I get streaks in that campaign, then nothing for that same pilot for a while. Cope has the next streak. The PTO is just flown down the line, each pilot in turn (So you can see where I am in that one: Moffet's next up). The Ost Front is like the Ardennes.
This does not include QMB flights, of course, or any of my "Valhalla" missions that I have built just for fun.
Stubby, just showing you where I am in my Offline campaigning; only this and nothing more.

stubby
10-20-2005, 05:36 AM
MLudner I think it's great that you track your pilots in such a fashion. Adds to the immersion. I admit that if you fly against the AI a lot, eventually, you learn their tendancies which only makes you more proactive.

The only thing that had me sort of scratching my head was your comment, " build each mission myself". I mean, that sort of takes away any surprise element, don't you think? I mean, if the AI is limited in terms of what it can and can't do, the thing that could be best help them in the competitive department is toss in a whole serving of surprise. DCG or even dgen at least add that element. You really have to always keep alert because you just don't know what you'll encounter on any given mission. Making missions yourself, you already know 100% where, when, how, etc. about the Ai. There's no surprise thus putting them at even more of a disadvantage. Remember, the guys back in the day that racked up kills and survive didn't do it by furballin' in massive dogfights 500 meters off the deck, they did it by surprise when against a victim that never saw it coming. AI can do this to you in a robust DCG campaign if you don't stay salty 24-7.

XyZspineZyX
10-20-2005, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by ViktorViktor:
Good point, Stubby. I've begun to get a real inferiority complex from hearing how everyone puts down the AI flyers, while I, who fly only offline, consider it a major accomplishment to last 20 missions flying offline against AI opposition. (I've done it twice in 2 years.)

It's amazing to read the stats of some of these real-life Luftwaffe fighter pilots who flew 300 - 1000 missions, and engaged in 100 - 350 combats against the enemy. And survived. What an accomplishment !

The AI is more than a handful for me when the objective is trying to last through an entire campaign.

Is there anyone out there who has no trouble surviving an entire offline campaign ?

If anybody says yes to this their either an absolute miracle worker or a straight liar & if you think A/I is easy try placing campaign difficulty onto hard or campaign A/I onto hard or if your really twisted try both. Mind you I have never flown on line due to dial up so I cant compare

msalama
10-20-2005, 05:59 AM
Like I said, those types base their judgement on 5 minute QMBs.

OK, you're right. I admit that I made my opening comment in the context of goofy DFs only, where the AI just plain _is_ inferior compared to humans!

But hard difficulty / ace level campaigns - yeah, that's a whole another ballgame...

MLudner
10-20-2005, 09:47 AM
MLudner I think it's great that you track your pilots in such a fashion. Adds to the immersion. I admit that if you fly against the AI a lot, eventually, you learn their tendancies which only makes you more proactive.

The only thing that had me sort of scratching my head was your comment, " build each mission myself". I mean, that sort of takes away any surprise element, don't you think? I mean, if the AI is limited in terms of what it can and can't do, the thing that could be best help them in the competitive department is toss in a whole serving of surprise. DCG or even dgen at least add that element. You really have to always keep alert because you just don't know what you'll encounter on any given mission. Making missions yourself, you already know 100% where, when, how, etc. about the Ai. There's no surprise thus putting them at even more of a disadvantage. Remember, the guys back in the day that racked up kills and survive didn't do it by furballin' in massive dogfights 500 meters off the deck, they did it by surprise when against a victim that never saw it coming. AI can do this to you in a robust DCG campaign if you don't stay salty 24-7.

Yeah, that's the only draw-back (Aside from time expenditure). But, there are ways to ensure I don't know when and where everything will happen. Triggers would make this easier, but evidently Oleg is dead-set against triggers for whatever reason (This is the area where Jane's WWII Fighters out-classes Il-2; its Mission Builder). Flight paths don't often cross each other predictably, so while I - as the mission designer - might know they're out there, I can't say where and/or when we'll run into them. I sometimes have hostile flights approaching from different directions and different times. I take no notes on the mission and do not memorize it (I rather try to forget as much as I can) as I build it and do not look at the FMB map before loading the mission to fly it. Sometimes contact does not occur at all. Farewell's first mission was a Fighter Sweep behind the front, and though there were LW aircraft up there, we just did not find them. I have to stay alert because in the basis mission for each campaign (Which has populated airbases, traffic on the roads, ADA positions, et cetera) each side has CAP's operating behind the lines and anytime you cross the lines one of those CAP's can run into you at any time, or not. In Kessler's last mission the other two pilots in his schwarm were both killed by a Spitfire IXe CAP about 5 klicks west of the front while returning to our feldflugplatz.
Also, I fly like I know nothing. The wayset says fly at X altitude, at X speed, on X heading and that is just what I do. I do not say, "Well, I know the VVS fighters are coming in from the south flying at altitude 45; so I'll stay 4 klicks south of the bombers we're escorting and fly at hohe 60." I stay with the bombers, on course and at the assigned altitude of 30 - 35, orbiting them until contact occurs. Then, I react to what I see.
Cheating eliminates the whole point and all the fun; I learned that when I was a kid.
By using less than predictable flight paths I can't tell with certainty when or where any encounters will occur. Sometimes they don't happen at all. The CAP's add a real question mark as they can drop in at any time.

LameDuck.
10-20-2005, 10:42 AM
A feature of my previous sim Air Warrior III mission builder was randomness; a person could select random times and locations to start groups, AI with a few random or selectable attributes (skill, awareness, morale), and even random A/C.
*edit* For instance, a person could set up a 1-1 encounter with a BF-109 with a random AI, or an encounter with an Ace in a random A/C. I followed a few unconscious rookies into the ground before I learned my lesson.
I miss that custom ability.