PDA

View Full Version : engine noise directionality

dashman
01-08-2009, 12:02 PM
hey, all,

I posted this yesterday in the other forum and got one response that didn't help, though I may not have been clear with my question. Pardon if I shouldn't post it here...

I seem to remember at some point between my older version of IL2 and 4.08 that there was a knob on one of the audio or other preference pages that would allow you to dial in the amount of engine volume variance that you wanted as you turned your head or view from left to right in the cockpit view.

The way it is now, if I look left (with the mouse) the engine noise in the left channel lowers as if my left ear is turned away from the engine and thus its noise. Opposite is true with the right view.

Is that in 4.09? I used it for a while then went back to 4.08. Maybe I was dreaming...?

It's a little too drastic of a volume change for me.

Thanks for any suggestions!

dashman
01-08-2009, 12:02 PM
hey, all,

I posted this yesterday in the other forum and got one response that didn't help, though I may not have been clear with my question. Pardon if I shouldn't post it here...

I seem to remember at some point between my older version of IL2 and 4.08 that there was a knob on one of the audio or other preference pages that would allow you to dial in the amount of engine volume variance that you wanted as you turned your head or view from left to right in the cockpit view.

The way it is now, if I look left (with the mouse) the engine noise in the left channel lowers as if my left ear is turned away from the engine and thus its noise. Opposite is true with the right view.

Is that in 4.09? I used it for a while then went back to 4.08. Maybe I was dreaming...?

It's a little too drastic of a volume change for me.

Thanks for any suggestions!

FoolTrottel
01-08-2009, 01:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Maybe I was dreaming...? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Me thinks so...

Or just confused... could that knob be in a different sim/game?

I've never heard of it nor seen it in IL2.

Could it be you are thinking of the 'Speaker placement' switch as there was one in the Original Sturmovik... (Defaut, Small, Narrow, Wide) ?

It's setting in conf.ini is still there appearantly: Conf.ini guide at M4T - Sound (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Knowledge_Base&op=show&kid=22)

Good Luck!

dashman
01-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Who knows?

Does everyone have that same sort of 3-D engine noise directionality thing that I mentioned?

Thanks, FoolTrottel.

Urufu_Shinjiro
01-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Well, run il2setup and uncheck the hardware enhancement option (or whatever it's called), that should cut out the 3d effect.

Daiichidoku
01-08-2009, 02:18 PM
what, me worry?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v479/Daiichidoku/fail1a.jpg

dashman
01-08-2009, 02:44 PM
nyuk, nyuk!

(and thanks for the input again Urufu!)