PDA

View Full Version : Backing up 402m

blairgowrie
02-10-2006, 09:37 AM
Yesterday I copied the Il2 program file and placed the copy in My Documents. I then dl'd 4.03m and it installed ok. I flew with some of my m8s on a direct IP connect.

Later in the evening, I changed the name of 4.03m and launched 4.02m from my documents and the game opened. But when I tried to connect to another hoster's computer I got extreme graphics corruption and a hard computer lock after I hit the join button. I then deleted 4.03m and was able to connect using 4.02m.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? Is there a better way to have both 4.02m and 4.03m on your computer at the same time?

blairgowrie
02-10-2006, 09:37 AM
Yesterday I copied the Il2 program file and placed the copy in My Documents. I then dl'd 4.03m and it installed ok. I flew with some of my m8s on a direct IP connect.

Later in the evening, I changed the name of 4.03m and launched 4.02m from my documents and the game opened. But when I tried to connect to another hoster's computer I got extreme graphics corruption and a hard computer lock after I hit the join button. I then deleted 4.03m and was able to connect using 4.02m.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? Is there a better way to have both 4.02m and 4.03m on your computer at the same time?

Texan...
02-10-2006, 09:49 AM
Especially in online play, you have to preserve the original folder root in which you installed. You have to move whichever version you want to play back into the original root folder that you installed it. Have a holding folder for each on say, the desktop and simply move the version you are not going to play into a holding pattern.

Anything as long as you don't overwrite oneFB folder with the other.

blairgowrie
02-10-2006, 10:37 AM
Thanks Texan. I'll give that a try.