PDA

View Full Version : lagg3 dm

The_Gorey
11-28-2004, 03:20 PM
anyone notice this thing is a wee bit on the tough side?

been running in to them lately in my offline campaign. don't remember them being that tough before.. but then again i hadn't fought one in a while.

*shrug*

Hunde_3.JG51
11-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Its always been this way, I even sent tracks to Oleg awhile back. I think that it is one of the few planes to still have simplified DM, at least I think that is correct. Maybe they just felt it was not important enough to put resources into giving it complex DM. Who knows. I'll have to check if it is still immune to small caliber mg's as before.

VW-IceFire
11-28-2004, 04:14 PM
I think they gave it a complex DM...or a "more complex DM". Nonetheless, the things an amored tank. I THINK thats the way it was actually. The plane was prohibitively weighed down by all of the delta wood and heavy construction.

NorrisMcWhirter
11-28-2004, 04:23 PM
Hi

As this plane features in many online wars, I wonder why there has never been a lot of calls to have the DM improved ahead of adding new planes; this is one instance where new planes perhaps should take a back seat. I say this because it's pretty frustrating hitting these things without causing any obvious damage whereas other aircraft which are legacies from Il-2 have had their DM 'uprated'

Cheers,
Norris

Fennec_P
11-28-2004, 04:39 PM
An even better question is why the LaGG-3 is so much more durable than the La-5. Even the engine, which is unprotected inline, is many times as durable as the La-5 radial.

and similar question, why does LaGG consistantly survive more hits than P-47, and now FW-190...

The_Gorey
11-28-2004, 04:44 PM
good to know it's not just me then :P

mortoma
11-28-2004, 06:19 PM
I have a QMB 3.01 track of the LaGG-3-29 where I get behind three He-111s and let them pummel me with all they had. After about 40 hits, my engine was perfect and not a scratch anywhere, so I shot down one of the bombers and went home to land. So yes, it still has simple DM!!!!

Fennec_P
11-28-2004, 06:25 PM
and it has wing fuel tanks, just like the La-5.

But it takes 50cal or 20mm just to get them to leak. With La-5, they will be easily ignited by light MG. Probably the exact same fuel tanks.

It may also have something to do with unrealistic modelling of wood airplanes.

If you look at the most durable planes in PF, it seems all wooden ones have strange durability.

For example, the Beafighter is also very durable. Comparing to Stuka, B-25, or even B-17 the Beau takes many more hits to kill a wing, engine, and also has virtually fireproof tanks. This is has in common with Lagg-3, and to lesser extent, Yaks.

wuggle85
11-28-2004, 06:38 PM
just get it with a few rounds of the mk 108 cannon

firehttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gifstarter

Schmouddle-WT
11-29-2004, 04:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fennec_P:
If you look at the most durable planes in PF, it seems all wooden ones have strange durability.

For example, the Beafighter is also very durable. Comparing to Stuka, B-25, or even B-17 the Beau takes many more hits to kill a wing, engine, and also has virtually fireproof tanks. This is has in common with Lagg-3, and to lesser extent, Yaks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your theory is quite nice and possibly true in some parts, but in this particular case problem is, Beaufighters were never made of wood.
Youre mixing apples and pears , err Beaufighters with Mosquitos.

Lagg3 DM is a rather old issue.
Oleg has tuned La5 down and it was correct.
He shall tune Lagg3 also and when he is into that, he could have a look on Il2 while it is not Zementer anymore. Where is the cast-iron tub in the fuselage? I smell archive LW-Wine here... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

You see you can always find flaws in DM. This is truly a Neverending Story....See Falco flying? Not that uber Spaghetti plane, the flying dog. It is overmodelled. These ears could never ruffle like that, be sure.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif