PDA

View Full Version : Need help. Cannot do anything.

Cyc2u
11-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Im on the Ace Up My Sleeve quest. Im suppose to go to DaVincis house to see if he can fix a sword. But i cant get there. Its impossible. I have like 10 people attacking me at once and i cant beat them up. I can hit them all day and it does nothing. I had a sword for about 2 seconds but someone knocked it out of my hand and apparently theres no way to simply pick it up or get another one. I did the quest where the girl shows you how to blend in and steal but its not helping. Also every NPC in the game climbs just as good as the main character and the rooftops have archers that call in more guards so its like, what good are his climbing skills? lol. But really, how do i stop the constant gang raping? The game was pretty fun up to this point, now its getting aggravating.

An_Idea
11-28-2009, 03:48 PM
just avoid the red dots on your map, and travel by rooftop, if a guard sees you then either run away (stay on the roofs) or beat him up a bit, and throw him off the roof to kill him

Weaxauce
11-28-2009, 03:49 PM
You just gotta learn to fight.
If not get good at climbing like me and out-run them and get anonymous, then hire the courtesans and walk in them up to DaVinci's place

caswallawn_2k7
11-28-2009, 04:14 PM
I don't think I actually came across any guards doing this mission, altho when I did I stuck with the crowds and courtesans to get there. lack of weapons tells you that you should try to keep out of sight.

An_Idea
11-28-2009, 04:19 PM
booo, i beat up the guards, blending just didnt feel right, it felt like cheating

TheEpicWolf
11-28-2009, 05:28 PM
I haven't had my sword knocked out my hand before, i though only Ezio could do that!

An_Idea
11-28-2009, 05:32 PM
what? ezio cant knock his own sword out of his own hand http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif a brute knocks Ezio's sword out of his hand near the start of the game, and brutes can knock your dagger and sword out of your hand and inventory, then you have to go back and pick them up, or go to the villa

DeathBlade139
11-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Just to summarize the ideas for the OP...

1)Blend the whole way-slow tactic, can be difficult unless you're willing to spend 150 florins or more on courtesans.

2)Run on rooftops. Worst case scenario, archers see you. If so, close the distance such that they drop their bow and draw a sword/hammer. Then you can either just fight them the normal way or throw them off the roof for a quick kill.

3)Get comfortable with the combat system. Killing guards at this stage isn't very hard if you make use of combo attacks, combo kills, deflect attacks, hidden blade counters, grapples and throws, assassinate on ground, kill from behind, etc.

IV_trailer
11-29-2009, 04:39 PM
This part of the game sucks indeed for free rooming. Dont worry this is only for about 1 seqeunse. After that you can lower your notority so you can stand in front of a guard or walk by without beeing 'seen'.