PDA

View Full Version : A Few Question about the FB Multiplayer

Karl_Butcher
10-01-2004, 01:47 AM
Hi to All!
Let introduce myself: my name is Karl and I come from Italy. I am an old WWI Sim fan, I have spent several years with the RedBaron II sim and also co-running the JGS4 Panworld fight squadron, but from the year 1998 the WWI sim situation has been pretty dull, may be one day Oleg Maddox will do a Sim also for the paper and wires planes...I really hope so, if you look around there are not many of them, and I think it's a good opportunity to conquer one field of the market in a moment where there are not competitor.

Anyway the Baron II sim is getting real old and the time has come for a bit of fresh air, so I decided to switch to the WWII era, and to do it with the best WWII sim: Forgotten Battles (and AEP as well).

Right now I am struggling with the new flight models, the change from WWI planes to WWII it's impressive, it's like to pass from a small city car to a big truck LOL, here I fell you really have the power but also you have to forget that you can turn in a dime http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I have so much to learn...and eventually I will do with the time.

However after I finished some campaigns with the single player mode, I have tried to jump in the multiplayer fun in some Dogfighter server using the ALL SEEYING EYE.

My questions are:
In the Dogfight servers is not possible to have more players on the same aircraft??? (like the HE-111 for example) is this possible only in the Cooperative servers?

In the cooperative server can I fly with my mates (for example a multi crew bomber) agaist other multi crew planes?

I know that many players use the Hyperlobby program...should I use this when join coperative servers?

Are the Coperative server dedicated machines?

And overall where are the coperative server??? using the All Seeing Eye I am not able to see any coperative-server.

I hope someone will enlight me with this newbie questions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Meanwhile a big salute, and I hope to see you soon in the sky.

Karl

Karl_Butcher
10-01-2004, 01:47 AM
Hi to All!
Let introduce myself: my name is Karl and I come from Italy. I am an old WWI Sim fan, I have spent several years with the RedBaron II sim and also co-running the JGS4 Panworld fight squadron, but from the year 1998 the WWI sim situation has been pretty dull, may be one day Oleg Maddox will do a Sim also for the paper and wires planes...I really hope so, if you look around there are not many of them, and I think it's a good opportunity to conquer one field of the market in a moment where there are not competitor.

Anyway the Baron II sim is getting real old and the time has come for a bit of fresh air, so I decided to switch to the WWII era, and to do it with the best WWII sim: Forgotten Battles (and AEP as well).

Right now I am struggling with the new flight models, the change from WWI planes to WWII it's impressive, it's like to pass from a small city car to a big truck LOL, here I fell you really have the power but also you have to forget that you can turn in a dime http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I have so much to learn...and eventually I will do with the time.

However after I finished some campaigns with the single player mode, I have tried to jump in the multiplayer fun in some Dogfighter server using the ALL SEEYING EYE.

My questions are:
In the Dogfight servers is not possible to have more players on the same aircraft??? (like the HE-111 for example) is this possible only in the Cooperative servers?

In the cooperative server can I fly with my mates (for example a multi crew bomber) agaist other multi crew planes?

I know that many players use the Hyperlobby program...should I use this when join coperative servers?

Are the Coperative server dedicated machines?

And overall where are the coperative server??? using the All Seeing Eye I am not able to see any coperative-server.

I hope someone will enlight me with this newbie questions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Meanwhile a big salute, and I hope to see you soon in the sky.

Karl

JG52_Helgstrand
10-01-2004, 02:24 AM
First off welcome to the community.

Oleg has said he will not do a WWI sim due to lack of detailed info on WWI A/C. Which is a shame cause a FB quality WWI sim would be awsome.

Forget All Seeing Eye, go with Hyper Lobby that's where most ppl fly.

Gunner positions can only be taken by ppl in a COOP, not in a DF server. So yes you and yer mates can man gunner positions in a COOP. I have done that with my squad and it can be fun.

The COOP server depends on who is hosting, some are dedicated servers some are not.

If your machine and connection can handle it
I would suggest hosting yourself in HL.
It might be a long wait to find the sort of COOP you're looking for. It's not hard to do.

Maj_Death
10-01-2004, 02:31 AM
I suggest you download HL, it is geared mainly for FB/AEP so you will have a much easier time locating the servers you want to play in with it and it has a buddy list and things like that.

In regards to bombers, you can only have multiple human crew members in the same plane in COOP mode. However in COOP mode there are no limits except for the 32 player maximum. You can have each crew position occupied by a seperate player or you can have just 1 or 2 humans per plane. And yes you can even have a flight of human TB-3's go up against a flight of human He-111's with multiple humans in each plane.

Dedicated servers running COOPs continuously like DF servers are non-existant to my knowlage. There is a dedicated server program though, but they don't run continously. However there are a few people who host COOPs regularly. You do have to be patient for COOPs, they normally take atleast 10 minutes to get going.

strelnik_Sipi
10-01-2004, 02:35 AM
Salute Karl and welcome to the FB world.
To your questions

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>My questions are:
In the Dogfight servers is not possible to have more players on the same aircraft??? (like the HE-111 for example) is this possible only in the Cooperative servers? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
U can do that only in coop mission

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
In the cooperative server can I fly with my mates (for example a multi crew bomber) agaist other multi crew planes? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes u can.

I know that many players use the Hyperlobby program...should I use this when join coperative servers? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
By all means u should install Hyperlobby. Most pilots fly there and u will find more servers and coops on Hyperlobby.

Are the Coperative server dedicated machines? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nope. If u have decent connection (DSL,Cable) u can host coops or dogfights yourself.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No idea on that. U will find plenty coops on Hyperlobby.

Hope this helps.

Sipi

Karl_Butcher
10-01-2004, 03:18 AM
Thank you all for the info!

Karl

crazyivan1970
10-01-2004, 11:18 AM
Welcome aboard http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif