PDA

View Full Version : Game problems & solutions thread (NOT BUGS)

GKane
03-20-2009, 09:51 AM
We will update this thread with solutions to some of the problems (NOT BUGS) you guys are reporting. If you notice a new problem or find a solution to a problem that is asked on the forums, post in this thread, and I will do my best to compile all the answers/solutions from you + the devteam in this first post.

<span class="ev_code_BROWN">GENERAL SOLUTIONS</span>

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">I cannot get any mission specific unlocks/achievements/trophies after I have finished a mission in co-op</span>

The mission unlocks/achievements/trophies system is designed to prevent you from getting the unlocks/achievements/trophies in the following situations:

<LI>If you don’t have single-player progress up to the respective mission (ex: If you got up to mission 6 in singleplayer and then you join a friend to play directly on mission 9 and complete it, you will still not get the achievement/trophy/unlock for mission 9)- this is mainly to prevent users from getting an advanced aircraft without making a normal campaign progression;

<LI>If you played less than 50% of the mission (Ex: you join an in-progress co-op mission that lasts for 15 minutes total, but you only play the last 5 minutes, you won’t get the achievement/trophy/unlock for the mission) - this was designed to prevent users from joining in the last possible moment just for the purpose of getting a free achievement/trophy/unlock.

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">PC SOLUTIONS</span>

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">I don’t find the DirectX 10 executable in the HAWX PC steam version</span>

The problem has been solved.You can now play HAWX through steam on both DX9 and DX10.

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">My monitor goes out of range/ the image is black when I start the game</span>

The game’s default resolution might not be supported by your monitor. You might try to start the game in other resolutions or windowed mode. You can do that by editing manually the following file:

My Documents\Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X\Profiles_settings_0.1.525.ini

For example:

[Video]

width = 800
height = 600
refreshrate = 60
multisample = 2
windowed = false

---------------- or -----------------------

[Video]
width = 1024
height = 768
refreshrate = 60
multisample = 2
windowed = true

---------------------------------------------

Valid values :
width x height : 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024 (basically the resolutions that you have available in windows in Display Settings)
refreshrate : 60, 75 ..
multisample : 0, 2, 4, 8
windowed : true, false

SeekretSquirrl
03-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Sorry mate, but your solution to lack of DX 10 fuctionality in Hawx is simply wrong.

First, the game doesn't even show up in Vista game explorer.

Second, even if you add the game manually (http://vge.editor.googlepages.com/)you still can't access DX 10.

Third, the real problem with the Steam version is that fact that there is only one Hawx executible file application in your game folder and it only launches your game with DX 9 enabled. In other words, the Hawx_dx10 executable is missing entirely. And before you ask, yes, all the other Directx 10 dll files are present and it does not help to update with the latest version of Directx runtime.

Fourth, you can enable Directx 10 functionality by adding the Hawx_Dx10 (from the PC retail version) executible application file to your Hawx game folder as described here:

http://forums.steampowered.com...wthread.php?t=825886 (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825886)

UPDATE:

Thanks for changing your fix.

Canuck19
03-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Gkane... PLEASE...please... please.. adress the multiplayer issues.

DeathBlade139
03-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Canuck19:

Yes please...at least acknowledge that you guys at Ubisoft have seen the threads about the dump.exe and are working it...because so far, there are no responses which worries a lot of us...so please let us know that you are working on a fix and will patch within a week or two...

Nichodeamus
03-20-2009, 04:39 PM
There is NO HAWX icon at all in the vista game explorer, after installing the steam version of HAWX.

jlmurc
03-20-2009, 05:52 PM
I am enjoying HAWX and am impressed with the experience that I have had this evening. I am using a CH products setup with CH Fighterstick, Pro-Throttle and Pro-pedals. I did find that I needed to enter the CH Control Manager software and setup a new combined profile and use that, but all I had to do then was assign the buttons/devices in HAWX and it works great on my Win XP Pro setup, including my Pro-Pedals, for the rudder. I guess I will set up a custom setup in the Control Manager later.

Anyway back to my missions.

John http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Sleeperfs2
03-20-2009, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by DeathBlade139:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Canuck19:

Yes please...at least acknowledge that you guys at Ubisoft have seen the threads about the dump.exe and are working it...because so far, there are no responses which worries a lot of us...so please let us know that you are working on a fix and will patch within a week or two... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am So SO glad that I did not get the steam version Wow what a weight off my life Sorry shoulders http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

joojoo_021
03-21-2009, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Nichodeamus:
There is NO HAWX icon at all in the vista game explorer, after installing the steam version of HAWX.

you should go to the file,you have installed hawx into it

fraggdya
03-21-2009, 07:40 AM
GKane, that doesnt work its not in Vista Games Explorer.

http://forums.steampowered.com...wthread.php?t=825886 (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825886)

No multiplayer, no DX10 on Steam, Huge 'supported' Joystick deadzones.

These are not fixed.

l_eeburgess
03-21-2009, 07:52 AM
I am using Vista SP1 and the game icon is in games explorer on my computer, and I can play DX10 by right clicking on it.
However I am unable to play online without getting this dump.exe error which is driving me insane. But I am still enjoying the game offline for now

l_eeburgess
03-21-2009, 07:52 AM
I should have said, I am using the retail DVD version of the game not Steam.

fraggdya
03-21-2009, 07:55 AM
Im on steam so it must be a missing files thing for us - no multiplayer though and not even patch 1.01 as yet.

SeekretSquirrl
03-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Why don't you update this page. Your Steam Dx10 fix is simply wrong. I think you are just like any other Ubi employee--don't give a ****.

B_Lo_1st6
03-21-2009, 11:05 AM
I know I have seen a lot of PC players posting but myself and others play on the XBOX360.

I personally have been having troubles with the achievements unlocking as they should.

For example I have beat the game numerous times but have only gotten the Achievements for Hard and Elite.

With that in mind I am still missing the Normal achievement and numerous mission achievements as well.

Is UBI going to release a patch for us to resolve this issue?

LT.INSTG8R
03-21-2009, 11:15 AM
How about some sort of workaround so I can play this game with my X-52?
If its plugged in the game just Dumps at the ESRB warning. If I unplug it the game runs just fine....I am on the latest drivers and software for it. In fact if I leave my Saitek Pro Pedals plugged in I can actually access the Joystick part of the Control menu so its most definitely something to do with the X-52, which I might add is "Supposed" to be supported.(Yes I also realise my pedals aren't properly supported because this game only accepts one input device)

My TrackIR works well(yes I broke down and played it today with my Keyboard but didnt even get thru the first mission before I gave up flying with that awkward method.

I am not alone with this dump at startup issue so I seriously hope this issue is being resolved as I didn't buy this game to play with my keyboard I bought it because it was supposed to support peripherals I own and expected to be able to use.

OH yes and of course while I appreciate you posting a fix for the Steam version(which I have) It doesn't work. There is a posted workaround for that that does work but I'm not willing to mess up my game at this point considering I'm not playing it anyway until the joystick issues are resolved(Im SURE I will have the deadzone issue as well....)

Grayso56
03-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Hi Guys, I installed the game yesterday vista 64 sp1 I get the dump file exe error as soon as the ubi music starts,my system is dual boot so I installed on my xp pro it crashes the system again as soon as the ubi music starts.This is extremely disappointing so far, when I buy a game I at least expect it to run further than the opening titles!! I updated all my drivers to no avail.Any ideas? thanks

BRAVOINF
03-21-2009, 04:48 PM
it would be real nice to play online but yet no fix! I had no prob with the game at all in the beta. but look a full release and crashes every time now I have 1 ? has anyone tried to reinstall it and then not update to the patch from hell and see if the dumps keep happening? well if not I will be trying it out in a bit will post my results after

Grayso56
03-21-2009, 09:23 PM
I reinstalled completely and DID NOT install the patch it made no difference still crashes and still get dump error. Its a nightmare!!

Canuck19
03-22-2009, 12:09 AM
PLEASE...please... please.. adress the multiplayer issues.

Rockettman0874
03-22-2009, 01:36 AM
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

Please, as fast as humanly possible, fix the "SCREEN GOING BLACK ISSUE!" There are MANY people, who are running Vista 32, with all drivers updated, etc, etc (ie., good computers)....who are experiencing the screen going black upon starting the game. My screen goes black when I start BOTH, DX9 and DX10 versions of the game in Vista 32. In both cases, I start the game and I see nothing but I can hear the intro splash, the intro movie, etc. The 1.01 patch did nothing to fix this because I installed and ran it BOTH with, and without the 1.01 patch. Please, as soon as possible, could you make a patch to get the game to run in Vista 32? Many people, like me, paid $50 for the digital download version and were looking forward to playing it, to no avail. I planned my 3 hour download from Direct2Drive, but alas, could NOT play my new game. There are many people that are truly waiting for a patch so we can play the game. This would seem to warrant the highest level of attention and rectification from Ubisoft. Thanks in advance for your help; many of us need it bad....and with much haste!!

missingman808
03-22-2009, 02:27 AM
Yes PLEASE!!!! It has been days now that I bought this game and have not been able to play it. Can UBI atleast let us know in some big major way that they are FIXING this dump.exe error so for those of us who spent this money for this game can get what we paid for.

KoenC1
03-22-2009, 03:52 AM
Having the same dump.exe problem when starting the game... any news? I've read somewhere on the net it could be because it try to run it on a laptop (dell studio, meets all system requirements) , something to do with the GPU drivers...

fraggdya
03-22-2009, 05:09 AM
Also controls spontaneously change to comething else ie was expert - now normal. It also does this with camera views.

http://forums.steampowered.com...wthread.php?t=827674 (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827674)

BlazingMavrick
03-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Hi

I am too having this problem with the dmp file, i have had it with the demo and now the full game. All i get is the intro, then a ping and then a black screen. I ahve to Ctrl + Alt + Del to get out of it.
I have posted numerous posts within these forums and nothing has been responded by anyone from Ubisoft !!! I am a developer by trade, i create web applications and i think this is digusting from Ubisoft to release a game that causes this problem and even more of a disgrace that no one will acknowledge there is a problem, i could never release software in this kind of state, Ubisofts QA team should be sacked !!
Im running it on a Lap Top
SONY VAIO VGN-FW21Z
ATI RADEON 3650 HD
4GB RAM
CENTRINO 2 2.53 GHZ.

Ive installed the latest drivers for my graphics card and the patch and still i cant play it.

SORT THIS OUT UBISOFT release a feed at least to let us know your sham of a development team are working to fix this problem !!

SeekretSquirrl
03-22-2009, 04:53 PM
This takes care of lack of Dx10 and lack of access to online coop campaign games for steam users:

http://forums.steampowered.com...wthread.php?t=828010 (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=828010).

No patch is necessary and makes me wonder if the steam users already got their patch in the original version.

Pleas update the first entry as it is just plain wrong as the game does not show up in games explorer. It makes no difference if you add it either because the steam version is missing the DX10 executable file.

rvancise
03-22-2009, 08:05 PM
I have the same issue as others are experiencing...black screen following the Ubisoft music and then have to get out....this happens with or without the patch and regardless of the native screen resolution.

Grayso56
03-22-2009, 08:24 PM
HiGuys, as per my previous posts i've been having all the problems,however good news for me I reinstalled again and found some new graphics drivers on the ati website I'm running 2 hd3850 in crossfire and bingo!! game actually works!! only been running for a short while i will let you know if I get any more issues. best of luck tally ho

SteveRoger6208
03-23-2009, 03:45 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

fraggdya
03-23-2009, 05:28 AM
Thanks for keeping us posted on the steam side GKane

K9Runt
03-23-2009, 10:31 AM
We will update this thread with solutions to some of the problems (NOT BUGS) you guys are reporting. If you notice a new problem or find a solution to a problem that is asked on the forums, post in this thread, and I will do my best to compile all the answers/solutions from you + the devteam in this first post.

Ok so latest problem. Two other friends and I uploaded the game on our PC's on Fri 3/20/09 Played fine in coop on fri and saturday. Yesturday 03/22/09 Coop mode is no longer adding people. Invites can be sent and can be accepted on the other end but player is not added to game. Apsolutely nothing was changed on our computers. Is there a problem on your end that is being worked on?

Canuck19
03-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Return this game. Lend it to your friends and play multiplayer over Hamachi with them. No cd needed to play, no key needed for LAN. If Ubi wants to stay tight lipped about it, ****'em... got my 56 bucks back.

SteveRoger6208
03-23-2009, 12:22 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

SeekretSquirrl
03-24-2009, 10:39 PM
Today Steam added in a Hawx dx10 exe file into our game file. It has failed to give anybody directx 10 functionality. I tried to run it from the steam console, it ran dx 9. I tried to run it from the game folder location, it ran dx 9. I added it to games explorer in Vista SP1 and it did not provide any option for dx10 and did not run dx10 only dx9. Please visit the steampowered. com forums. I already sent in tickets to Ubi.com and got no response. I sent in tickets to Steam and they said they no about the problem and are working on it, and today we got the file add it but it did not function. Please assist.

mib456
03-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Co-Op Achievement does not register and I have finished the game on my 360, so what gives?

fraggdya
03-25-2009, 01:27 PM
GKane, since the steam update I have a DX10 executable but it doesnt enable DX10. Also now i have severe stuttering in DX9 or 10.

Intel P7 Mobo
Vista Ultimate SP1
4 gig RAM
Nvidia GTX280 - latest drivers.

Whats happening?

Starwasp
03-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Nichodeamus:
There is NO HAWX icon at all in the vista game explorer, after installing the steam version of HAWX. I have the same issue.

Starwasp
03-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Return this game. Lend it to your friends and play multiplayer over Hamachi with them. No cd needed to play, no key needed for LAN. If Ubi wants to stay tight lipped about it, ****'em... got my 56 bucks back. but it does not work with vista

S1l3ntD3ath_1
03-25-2009, 03:27 PM
We will update this thread with solutions to some of the problems (NOT BUGS) you guys are reporting. -k9runt

very funny guy... Ubi soft picks up where EA has left off I guess drop the ball Ignore the community and the solution it will fix its self??? The problems are the servers the lack of support. And biggest of all they just give us a bunch of lackies to keep the villagers quiet, Throw that one another piece of crap he will shut up for a while. Get your **** together anytime now. Great game wish we could play it.

BRAVOINF
03-25-2009, 03:47 PM
this is becoming real ****ing BS you people at ubi seem to be incompetent lets all go buy a great game under the impression that its going to be fine I have beta tested a large number of games and so far the other games mind you were betas and at leased they worked and not half assed I send support tickets and what do I get some dumb *** telling me it my machine but yet I can play Crysis with the specs maxed so yes I am sure its my system oh and call ubi on phone thats a joke talk to someone and they say that only about 30% of us are the only ones getting this prob so in other words B.O.H.I.C.A can you do me a favor use lube next time

egzee
03-25-2009, 06:58 PM
T.O.P Affinity Impossible!!!
I can not get this challenge I have the deflector ace trophy and have have played lots of games where I have used nothing but the T.O.P weapon to the point where I have deflected over 40 missiles and evaded 201 in one mission but when it gets to the end of the DM there is no weapon listed as my favorite weapon
How am I supposed to complete this challenge if it is not being reckonised as being used thus being listed as my favorite weapon???
Am I the first person to notice this or am I overlooking something obvious??

LT.INSTG8R
03-26-2009, 10:30 AM
For all the Steam Users trying to launch it in DX10 mode you have to right click your HAWX Icon in the Games list and choose "Launch DirectX10 version"

I'm still not playing it tho because it still dumps with my HOTAS plugged in but now in DX10 mode it crashes my GFX drivers(Cat 9.3s)during the performance test, which is all I am will to run right now until the joystick issue is resolved(or should I say NOT run as now it just crashes my GFX drivers in DX10...)

Cmon Ubi I'm getting sick and tired of paying to Beta Test your titles....

dragonstongue
03-26-2009, 08:28 PM
yep major crash problems here, nothing has changed on my comp since I have installed H.A.W.X running XP PRO SP3 all latest drivers running cat 9.3's card is overclocked so is cpu

Problem and before you all say there is your problem, I have run OC and stock and same issue.
I get atkdisp.dll error. I have played this game fine when first installed, then next day simply wont run more then 5 minutes before black screen, vpu recover, then try to quit game and it BSOD to atkdisp.dll.

Other thing try to go multiplayer, need to create account as my ubi login password doesnt seem to work and as soon as I do this or video test it does the same black screen vpu recover exit BSOD thing. any ideas? I am running vpu recover, gamer OSD, vivid, cat 9.3, smartdoctor
but like said nothing in my system has changed since got this game on monday march 23/2009.

system specs Core 2 E8400 3.0Ghz OC to 3.6 Asus P5Q-E, G.Skill PC8500CL5 4gbpk, Asus 4870 WD 320gb AAAKS(OS) WD Black 640GB(games) Coolermaster 750W Pure Power Pro, acer P223W(display 1) KDS Visual sensations 18"(display 2) Zboard Merc, Logitech MX518

No problems tempertaure wise neither

fraggdya
03-27-2009, 07:15 AM
GKane could you ask that joystick deadzones are also considered in the PC patch?

UKUSdAdDyP1IVIp
03-30-2009, 04:30 AM
Return this game. Lend it to your friends and play multiplayer over Hamachi with them. No cd needed to play, no key needed for LAN. If Ubi wants to stay tight lipped about it, ****'em... got my 56 bucks back.

I love it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif never thought about that lol thats probably the best idea so far to come out of the hawx issues http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif dont think im gonna return it just yet tho, I'll keep holding onto the fact that " Even blind squirells find nutz " so maybe the de-bug patch people might actually sort it out before i go back to cod or wow

P.S is anyone using a lower spec machine than me! amd63 3000+, pci nvidia 7300 256, 1.7gig ram, onboard sound lol 180g hd ide not sata and a xbox 260 pad

RUSTYNAIL75
03-30-2009, 11:38 AM
I like the game.... It's great and plays fine in single player.... Just getting cheesed off with not being able to join any online games.... Be it Coop or TDM... I have the PC retail version...

Guess I'll think twice in future about buyin anything that has ubisoft on it!!!

SeekretSquirrl
03-30-2009, 05:57 PM
I finally had the time to uninstall the game, and delete all the files off my pc. I downloaded it again yesterday from Steam and this is my observations:

1. I can't get DX10 through Steam no matter what I do. (Maybe I am screwing it up?).
2. When I run the Steam version I can't get into multiplayer games for the most part through online Ubi.com. Sometimes versus, never coop.
3. If I try to run my game through Garena.com with the Steam version files (even with the update) I can't get to any LAN multiplayer at all.

My fix:

4. I removed the new Steam HAWX DX10 file and downloaded and inserted the retail HAWX DX10 file .
5. I went to Garena.com and set a free account.
6. After you have installed double click on the Garena desktop icon.
7. Go to the HAWX Lobby. Find a room (like European) that has players in it and choose settings.
8. In settings use browse and select HAWX DX10. Choose okay and it will ask you to run in the compatibility mode, say okay.
9. Start your game with the button in lower right corner.(do not start game through steam console or your HAWX desktop icon).
10.Once in game choose or make your profile.
11.Choose Versus
12.Choose LAN.
13.The server window should give you both COOP and Deathmatch games. If not exit out and re-enter through the LAN option. Also, you can exit the game, go back through Garena (from your menu bar) and choose another room (like European (2)).

You will know if you are doing this right when your game starts up without having to use the Steam launch promopt. You know it is working correctly when you don't have to enter your Ubi.com username and password. Because you are running the retail version of the game even though you bought the steam version.

I hope this helps.

(I realize I posted similar fixes here and here. However, I found that the Steam automatic update ganked my multiplayer functionality because it overwrote the retail HAWX DX10 file.)

Please note that I can't get Garena.com to run in DX9 anymore because that option when selected (by setting the HAWX icon in the game path) because it starts the Steam version. If you can get a hold of the retail Hawx_DX9 executible and put it in there it will probably work.

Anyone with any further fixes, clarifications, ideas, are welcome. Good luck, I hope this hopes some of you. I don't believe it will help the dmp issue at all. Also, some of you will have poor performance with DX10.

Krude_Methodzz
04-02-2009, 09:21 PM
I, and MANY others, are have a serious problem with the PS3 version. It will NOT save the game!!! On the rare occasion it does, it erases the data the next time you load!!!! SERIOUSLY, where's a fix???

cdrichei
04-03-2009, 07:22 PM
I'd just be happy if i didn't have to keep the compatibility on windows xp sp2 in order for it to not go out of range with my monitor. Yes, i tried the solution on the first page, and as usual, it didn't work. why have a settings file if its just going to ignore it?

DRSAirwolf
04-04-2009, 06:22 AM
I am getting a bug with DX10 where whenever I run the DX10 version it complains that the file "d3d10_1.dll" is missing. At first the DX9 version had the same complaint for d3d9_1.dll, but a reinstall of DX9 fixed that. A reinstall of DX10 makes no difference to either version (DX9 still works DX10 doesn't. I also can't find the files it's going on about anyway.). I also don't have the Steam version. Any suggestions?

FistYourSister
04-04-2009, 10:55 AM
For those trying to run in DX10 mode, try turing off engine heat. It seems to make it run a lot smoother save for when you fire the gun.

SEAN-NZ
04-12-2009, 07:04 PM
cant get online, says i have an invalid cd key, anyone else have this issue, or was i given the wrong cd key?

Radical35
04-17-2009, 02:01 PM
If you have the DVD version of HAWX, the CD key can be found on the back of the game manual, in the white are at the bottom.

SEAN-NZ
04-17-2009, 06:19 PM
i know were the cd key is, it just always says that its invalid

behrouz2009
04-17-2009, 11:38 PM
I enjoyed playing H.A.W.X. That is the greatest simulation game that i played.
But i have a problem in game sound. Sound disruption started in ubisoft logo, first game demo and in game play. for example when i fire a flare or missile, the sound will play with 2 seconds delay and with some disruptions.
The game graphic has not any disruption or delay and play smoothly with best quality.
I reinstaled the game and difrag the hard disk but problem did not solved.
System spec:
CPU: AMD Sempron 2800+ 1.6 GHz
VGA: 6600LE - GForce
Sound: AC97
RAM: 1.5 GB
DirectX 9c
Windows XP SP2

wingsofblood
04-20-2009, 08:53 AM
if you got the random flare and missiles error just delete the settings file in your gamesave folder

Superwalker
04-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Hello
I´m from Germany and I have a problem.
When i wwill start the game it comes a massage:
"Saved dump file to C:/Program Files/ Ubisoft/ Tom Clancy`s H.A.W.X/HAWX.exe.dmp" can someone help me??

legionserial
04-24-2009, 07:51 AM
"I cannot get any mission specific unlocks/achievements/trophies after I have finished a mission in co-op

The mission unlocks/achievements/trophies system is designed to prevent you from getting the unlocks/achievements/trophies in the following situations:

# If you don’t have single-player progress up to the respective mission (ex: If you got up to mission 6 in singleplayer and then you join a friend to play directly on mission 9 and complete it, you will still not get the achievement/trophy/unlock for mission 9)- this is mainly to prevent users from getting an advanced aircraft without making a normal campaign progression;

# If you played less than 50% of the mission (Ex: you join an in-progress co-op mission that lasts for 15 minutes total, but you only play the last 5 minutes, you won’t get the achievement/trophy/unlock for the mission) - this was designed to prevent users from joining in the last possible moment just for the purpose of getting a free achievement/trophy/unlock."

Absolute tosh.

1) I have completed every mission in co-op and not received the team player acheivement, but had the unlocks in game. Same goes for a whole bunch of other multiplayer acheivements. Got the unlocks in game, but no acheivements.

2) On my first playthrough in single player NONE of the acheivements unlocked.

3) Ubi support specifically stated to me that this was a known bug that was being looked into.

All in all, Ubi are clearly just insulting everyone's intelligence.

I'm chalking all this nonsense up as another Far Cry 2 debarcle (PC version has been broken since release date).

In any other industry, you'd be run across hot coal for selling people defective merchandise and not rectifying it.

neiluk09
04-24-2009, 10:18 AM
This is perhaps the WORST game I have ever purchased, I have never known a game to not want to run on a brand new machine before!!!

I've exhausted countless avenues and spent lots of time trawling these forums for solutions. I have tried EVERYTHING to make the game boot without the dump black screen/ubisoft crash. I can't get this game to work, this is totally unacceptable. I have lost £35 as a result!

1. Buck up your ideas and fix your games before you rush to release them bug-ridden.
2. Provide a more sufficient level of help and advice.
3. Provide an update that actually fixes this problem.
4. Fix the multi-player issues which I have read about, but have not yet had the joy in experiencing such a nightmare myself.
5. Reimburse me fully of 35 Great British Pounds sterling.
6. At least FSX starts up!

flash201085
04-25-2009, 05:06 AM
habe Probleme mit dem starten von hawk es wird kurz eine fehler meldung angezeigt die aber gleich darauf weck ist , das problem besteht auch bei ein paar meiner kolegen
mein betriebssysthem ist Vista 32 bit
kann es verleicht daher kommen weil ich ein lappi habe und für den batteriebetrieb eine ATI Redeaon 3200 und für den normalbetrieb eine 3650 und deswegen ein fehler auftritt `?
antworten und co könnt ihr mir am besten an die maildresse mailen dragonboy201085@hotmail.de , danke und LG
ps Betreff hawx

flash201085
04-25-2009, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by flash201085:
habe Probleme mit dem starten von hawk es wird kurz eine fehler meldung angezeigt die aber gleich darauf weck ist , das problem besteht auch bei ein paar meiner kolegen
mein betriebssysthem ist Vista 32 bit
kann es verleicht daher kommen weil ich ein lappi habe und für den batteriebetrieb eine ATI Redeaon 3200 und für den normalbetrieb eine 3650 und deswegen ein fehler auftritt `?
antworten und co könnt ihr mir am besten an die maildresse mailen dragonboy201085@hotmail.de , danke und LG
ps Betreff hawx
die meldung ist "Saved dump file to C:/Program Files/ Ubisoft/ Tom Clancy`s H.A.W.X/HAWX.exe.dmp"

rkrebs11
04-25-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by SEAN-NZ:
cant get online, says i have an invalid cd key, anyone else have this issue, or was i given the wrong cd key?

Sean, read my possible suggestion in this link as to what may have happened:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1006247/m/5071059157 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2541006247/m/5071059157)

bomisch1987
04-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Habe folgendes Problem,
Starte das Spiel und habe nur Ton ohne Bild.
habe auch schon in den settings alle erdenklichen vatriationen ausprobiert.
hat vll noch jemand eine idee voran es liegen könnte?

Murdock_69
04-26-2009, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by bomisch1987:
Habe folgendes Problem,
Ever see a englisch forum?? I mean Almost all are speaking/writing englisch, why are you talking german? I'm Dutch but you don't see me writing in Dutch... Ik kan dat natuurlijk wel doen maar dan zal ik bijna geen antwoord krijgen.

blevinsjonr
04-26-2009, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by bomisch1987:
Habe folgendes Problem,

Das Spiel geht genauso bei viele. Ich glauube es ist ein Bug. Leider, UBI hat es noch nicht repariert.

TooTall91
04-26-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm still having problems with trying to play the game on dx10.

Its the same missing d3d10_1.dll problem.
I have the retail version of the game and not the steam version. I am running vista and I have installed the latest dx many times.

Can anyone help please? It seems there has been a solution but i cant find it.

edsato1982
05-01-2009, 03:06 AM
only for aesthetic, the canards of the X-29 should be moved when making turns.

RogueTrooper05
05-01-2009, 06:14 AM
@TooTall91
Originally posted by LaNkY9119:
Go to:
http://www.dll-files.com/dllin...-files.shtml?d3d10_1 (http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3d10_1) and
http://www.dll-files.com/dllin...es.shtml?d3d10_1core (http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3d10_1core)
download and paste into windows\system
got mine working fine!

ForsakenOutlaw
05-07-2009, 03:51 PM
I tried the solutions presented in the first post but the screen remains black after the videos are finished. v.1.02 doesn't fix this...

DGC1952
05-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Does anyone have a fix for the problem of automatic rocket launches while flying toward your waypoints? I think only one person mentioned this problem early on and I haven't found a fix for it yet. By the time you get to your objective you're almost out of missiles due to this glitch.

Eze1956
05-11-2009, 01:40 AM
look and see if you have voice recongition on its standard in vista means you got to teach your computer to not run commands ....ultimate is good for that

egzee
05-11-2009, 03:34 AM
turn off your voice activated firing system

jon21310
05-19-2009, 07:42 PM
how do u get the iceman award after a multiplayer match

jon21310
05-19-2009, 07:46 PM
how do u deflect missiles

Mig-29
05-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by jon21310:
how do u deflect missiles
use the target override pod. it can be accessed on planes that have the electronic warfare perk.

scavenger67
05-20-2009, 12:15 AM
well tonight i have had the game crash twice on me. and i know how it did it to. since i did it the same way both times.

while in coop in a clan m8 server i went from assisted to unassisted mode real quick it crash to a black screen.

and going to task manager to kill the game was the only way to see my desk top.

has anyone else seen this happen to them yet? i do have trickir3 pro with the newest driver for it and fraps and everest running at the time and joytokey all running when it happens.

i will try to switch each off to see which 1 if any helps if any.

LT.INSTG8R
05-20-2009, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by scavenger67:
well tonight i have had the game crash twice on me. and i know how it did it to. since i did it the same way both times.

while in coop in a clan m8 server i went from assisted to unassisted mode real quick it crash to a black screen.

and going to task manager to kill the game was the only way to see my desk top.

has anyone else seen this happen to them yet? i do have trickir3 pro with the newest driver for it and fraps and everest running at the time and joytokey all running when it happens.

i will try to switch each off to see which 1 if any helps if any.

I also had that happen to me a few times in the campaign while trying to get some of the Off Mode achievements but this was before the patch.
Seeing as I hate Off Mode and never use it, I never really thought anything of it...

scavenger67
05-24-2009, 11:22 PM
well so far it doesnt matter what i turn off. it still does it. it seem to be either the x45 or the game, and so far i think it is the game.

since i know ubi track record which is not the greatest yet. and this is going back 6yrs so yeah i know what i am talking about.

with just the game and nothing else running. it still will crash out. and another thing to add.

is i do not have the x45 driver install either since vista driver seem to work well yet. since the other games i play that use this same controller will work.

and with no problem at all or game crashing out either. so i am moving toward the game is at the root of the cause at this point in time.

and yes i am playing in dx10 mode as well. i can get it to crash out every time now just by switching from the 2 modes.

i do know before this 1.02 patch it would not do this at all. and i would have everything running to,fraps,everest,joytokey,xfire,teamspeak,trackIR3 pro. with no game crashing out like it does now.

scavenger67
05-26-2009, 12:26 AM
well this time i decide to try and install the driver for the x45. to see if it made a difference at all.

well i can say it didnt at all since i tried after i installed the driver and made sure the controls all worked fine, which they did.

so i started up into sp mode and as i was flying into a mission it went into a black screen.

and that was it and had the other hawxs exe in the task bar. so the only thing i have not tried yet . is a full reinstall of the game and patch it up with the 1.02 patch which i have right.

not sure if it will work or not. wondering if anyone as gotten past this yet and gotten rid of this dam crash dump yet?

or are we waiting on ubi to fix there fix once again? if so i guess it be awhile then till i can play this.

before i forget this is all in DX10 mode BTW. i have not tried it in DX9 mode.

maybe for kicks and giggles i might ..

Master_Cylinder
05-26-2009, 01:00 AM
wondering if anyone as gotten past this yet and gotten rid of this dam crash dump yet?
There have been a number of posts where people have said that one thing or another had helped with black screens, DX10 issues, dumps and connection problems (not always the fault of HAWX) but others have also posted that the things that helped *some* people didn't always help everyone. You might search the threads and try the things that you haven't already tried. Hopefully the next patch will fix more of the bugs. Good luck. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

YMMV...

scavenger67
05-26-2009, 01:05 AM
well it looks like that the DX9 doesnt suffer from this crash like the DX10 does. so i guess if i want to play this i would have to suffer and play it in dx9.

which sucks cause i like the eye candy that dx10 brings out of it. but it is that or just dont play this at all till the next patch. which will be when ever they get around to it i guess.

or well i guess there isnt no true way of fixing this our self since it is the game over all.

well i do have so many other games to play yet anyways. to bad there wasnt anyone that could have help out here but i guess there wasnt anyone.

oh well that happend.

Master_Cylinder
05-26-2009, 01:08 AM
well it looks like that the DX9 doesnt suffer from this crash like the DX10 does.
Yes, DX9 is one of the things that some people had success with (not everyone), others are using DX10 though.

Good luck... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ATISRCG
06-06-2009, 06:00 PM
I have an issue... in unassisted flight I cant seem to get the plane to roll when I want it to... I wil have full left stick and some rudder and she will remain banked right...and vice versa...also does unassisted flight always have to give you a view from the side and front??

Also cant get Direct X 10 to work at all.

Vista 64 SP2
Pent Quad 2.0
4gb RAM
Rad 512mb VC

(new commuter...like 2 weeks old)

Thanks

Confidant007
09-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Hello I´ve got a problem with the grafics. The Text in the Game Menu is unreadable, because only a few letters are clear. The others are replaced by white boxes, etc.
The other problem is, that the objects on the ground (buildings etc.) are just a thin stack of pixel. Nothing on the ground can be described. It´s all a mass of pixel, textures etc. No buildings, just strange textures with sharp edges. The clouds are also black or whit thin textures. The aircrafts etc. are perfectly displayed. How can i solve the problem?

Here my Computer configuration:

Komponente Details Teilbewertung Gesamtbewertung
Prozessor Genuine Intel(R) CPU U7300 @ 1.30GHz 4,1 4,1
Ergibt sich aus der niedrigsten Teilbewertung

Arbeitsspeicher (RAM) 4,00 GB 4,8
Grafik ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 4,5
Grafik (Spiele) 2255 MB insgesamt verfügbarer Grafikspeicher 5,9
Primäre Festplatte 65GB frei (130GB gesamt) 5,9
Windows 7 Home Premium

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hersteller Acer
Modell Aspire 3810T
Gesamter Systemspeicher 4,00 GB RAM
Systemtyp 64 Bit-Betriebssystem
Anzahl der Prozessorkerne 2

Speicher
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gesamtgröße der Festplatte(n) 584 GB
Datenträgerpartition (Chttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif 65 GB frei (130 GB gesamt)
Datenträgerpartition (Dhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif 360 GB frei (454 GB gesamt)
Medienlaufwerk (Ehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif CD/DVD

Grafik

Grafikkartentyp ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330
Insgesamt verfügbarer Grafikspeicher 2255 MB
Dedizierter Grafikspeicher 512 MB
Dedizierter Systemarbeitsspeicher 0 MB
Gemeinsam genutzter Systemspeicher 1743 MB
Grafikkarten-Treiberversion 8.653.2.0
Auflösung des primären Monitors 1024x768
DirectX-Version DirectX 10

thx 4 helping