PDA

View Full Version : A rant thread

Chaotic_Infinity
12-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Why the hell did they change the "switch target" button from right/left to up/down? It seems like a trivial change but now to switch targets you have to take your thumb off the left analog stick. In AC:B you could slide your thumb onto the right button while still keeping it on the analog stick. This allowed you to quickly switch targets while maintaining perfect control of your character. In AC:R, unless you have abnormally large thumbs, you can't do that. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Maybe I'm complaining for no reason, and maybe you can change the controls (please enlighten me) but it boggles my mind as to why they would change something that worked perfectly before and had, of all the things they could change, no problems whatsoever.

deadly_thought
12-21-2011, 09:17 PM
if youre on PS3 you can bring up the control settings prompt quickloy by holding select and start down at the same time

on X360 by holding down the circular X button in the middle of the controller

and on PC by holding ALT and F4 hope this helps

Eldest219
12-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Yeah, I find this to be unnecessary as well. Left and right is what I've been used to.

Using up and down just seems so wrong. I don't understand why Ubi insists on fixing things that aren't broken.

papartusedmcrsk
12-21-2011, 09:46 PM
"Hmmm what could annoy our players the most...? Changing controls they've been used to for a year? Maybe letting them get stunned 6 seconds after they land a poison? LOL I http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif my job!"

obliviondoll
12-21-2011, 09:49 PM
He's not asking how to look at the controls, deadly_thought.

He's asking why they changed the sensible controls to a silly one.

Honestly, my girlfriend (LaChatNoir) finds the up/down option easier, but I REALLY don't at all. And neither do most experienced ACB players, OR most experienced gamers in general, because having to move your hand away from the main movement control for ANY reason is counterintuitive, ESPECIALLY in an online game. It was complained about massively during the beta, along with a HUGE number of other issues. None of the other stupid and obvious problems got fixed either.

Having BOTH options would have been better, but preventing us using a better system in favour of a less user-friendly option was stupid. So was not fixing the lag in ACB when they had PLENTY of warning about it causing problems. So was trying to sweep the issue under the rug once ACR came out, in spite of the fact that MOST OF THE SAME PROBLEMS ARE STILL IN ACR AS WELL. So was almost the entire organisation of Ubisoft Support, as far as I've been able to tell so far.