PDA

View Full Version : Lights at night?

ejot
03-18-2005, 08:49 AM
Umm, general question here. .. do any of you see any lights on the ships at night? Thinking it has something to do with my vidcard...

NickNameless
03-18-2005, 08:55 AM
I haven't played yet, but I would guess those ships are in black out mode. If I was a frieghter captain I sure wouldn't be running my nav lights to give every u boat in the area a beacon to home in on.

vodkaphile
03-18-2005, 08:58 AM
I've not seen any ships with lights at night.

You can still see their smoke at times though.

quillan
03-18-2005, 09:11 AM
I haven't seen any with running lights, but I've seen a couple of warships using searchlights to look for me.

archer49d
03-18-2005, 09:50 AM
It would be nice if we could get running lights on the U-Boats, as well as Conning Tower lights. Merchant running lights would be desireable as well.

Leif...
03-18-2005, 10:27 AM
It€s war, neither the boats nor the subs wants to be seen so no lights. Neutrals where supposed to be running fully lit up, although many figured it was safer to run without lights anyway.

Leif€¦

Deadpreacher
03-18-2005, 11:52 AM
I believe they should add a Spotlight to the Subs Also. They used to use this tool for code instead of usen the radio. Anyways during multiplayer afew times i went to surf and wanted to signal team mates with Spotlight just for the fun of it really. Its a no biggie but this is ment to be a Sim.

ejot
03-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Thanks guys, now I dont need to get a new vidcard atleast http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And about them ships cruising with their lights off ... umm, sure... no reason to have the lights on when cruising solo, but in a convoy at a pitch black night didnt they have any lights on then?

archer49d
03-18-2005, 12:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leif...:
It€s war, neither the boats nor the subs wants to be seen so no lights. Neutrals where supposed to be running fully lit up, although many figured it was safer to run without lights anyway.

Leif€¦ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes... but, it would be appropriate to have the working light in the tower of a U-Boat, and the Running Lights were used in port, as well as by careless merchants.