PDA

View Full Version : OT, Battlefield 1942 anyone?

GoldenEagle8
09-29-2006, 09:58 PM
does anyone else play this, I am at a loss to find some one I know online, so if you play Battlefield 1942 and any mods or expantions, let me know, I look forward to looking for you online.

comanderFritz
09-29-2006, 10:01 PM
i stopped playing that game about when the first call of duty came out

Michiel_88
09-30-2006, 02:31 AM
Hey, I play Battlefield 2 occasionaly, but not battlefield 1942.

DarkOmen13
09-30-2006, 04:35 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Only you could say i tend to play a little more than that.

D.

IsaanRanger
09-30-2006, 09:13 AM
I am glad I can still play BF Vietnam, it has a cult following even we have BF2 also, but something campy about BF Vietnam is what makes it so good and its lag is good. so I can still find players often on BF Vietnam still. I play BF 2 often, but I dont think Ill be getting BF2142, its kinda too silly of an idea. I also enjoy Joint Ops but only in COOP mode, cause the multiplay with like 150 players gets nuts and it becomes too much of a frag fest and disorganized. so I just like the COOP mode with a few players and it takes no time to download the new map that the server is running.

Grrbob25
09-30-2006, 12:09 PM
i still play a little BF1942, but i like the bf1918 mod better, i would play bf2, but my pc zuckz

Bubblehead1948
09-30-2006, 02:10 PM
I used to play Bf 1942 at LAN parties. Its a good FPS, but honestly, I play Red Orchestra on line now --and I've never looked back. Its that good. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rodan54
09-30-2006, 02:51 PM
I only still play the Forgotten Hope, and 1918 mods for Bf1942. Although recent computer troubles have completely interupted my gaming career. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

GoldenEagle8
09-30-2006, 04:55 PM
darn, ah well, have fun on whatever else your doing!

TASKFORCE1x1
09-30-2006, 09:43 PM
I stopped playing bf1942 because PB killed most modem players. It was just too much with PB to interfere with the connection in any way. Often getting jerking motions. I could play with duel modems but now that I have cable in my area I got 2 lines and no more PB problems. Too many kicks from the game admins also because they want less than 150 ping on most servers. Still a little outrageous if you ask me. Ive played still the BF1942 online and also my wife and we dont see any problems with laggers. They are so easy to kill. I tested all my older games and also ask players their connection. I see nothing wrong with the 56k player except they lag themselves and dont even bog down the server because simply, they dont use hardly any bandwidth. If anything , and i know, they only loose packetts as shooting high volume weapons like the Saw or other automatic machine guns doesnt register all the shots fired to the server thus the server doesnt seee them much shootinh anything which in turn makes them die all the time. THe packettloss is normal for the game so that the player can maintain a primary ability and that is to bet from point A to B. Occasionally it could get bad to where they are flying and poof they die from a chopped connection caused by packettloss.

I'm learning this as I'm taking study on gaming engine design. Talks alot about management of these issues and how to set priority. All game engines differ but for the most part games are all the same in how they handle these issues.