PDA

View Full Version : Graphic options dont save

newmillenniumen
03-19-2011, 01:45 AM
Graphic options in Brotherhood dont save between playing sessions. Each time I start the game they return to default.

KingDaniel0
03-19-2011, 04:26 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any Config.ini file for this game, which stores all these in-game Video/Graphic settings ?

Maybe try manually entering the values there, and then marking the above config file as *Read-Only*, so that the changes made don't revert back ? Is the game installed on your Hard Drive, or any other external USB/SSD device ?

Btw, what are your PC specs ?

Btw, Have you tried playing the game under Windows XP SP3 Compatibility Mode, if using Win 7/Vista ? Just try this, and see if it helps overcome this problem or not ? Do you have full ADMIN rights under Windows 7/Vista ?? Launch the game as an Administrator.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shop27C171CB8
03-19-2011, 04:36 AM
When I check "Installed_files.txt" at "Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher" it will show the following text within the .txt file.
"Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\settings.ini".
However, Windows cannot find that file so not sure if you could edit the config settings yourself.

KingDaniel0
03-19-2011, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by shop27C171CB8:
When I check "Installed_files.txt" at "Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher" it will show the following text within the .txt file.
"Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\settings.ini".
However, Windows cannot find that file so not sure if you could edit the config settings yourself.

Does the above 'Settings.ini' file store all the in-game Video/Graphic variables as well ? I thought it contains data pertaining to the UBI GameLauncher ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shop27C171CB8
03-19-2011, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by KingDaniel0:
Does the above 'Settings.ini' file store all the in-game Video/Graphic variables as well ? I thought it contains data pertaining to the UBI GameLauncher ?
http://i51.tinypic.com/2ccsb5w.jpg

/EDIT
Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\LauncherConfig\product_config.yml contains no video/graphic variables either.

KingDaniel0
03-19-2011, 05:04 AM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first 2 titles i.e. AC1 and AC2 had the following config files i.e. Assassin.ini and Assassin2.ini, which stored the in-game variables. Though Assassin2.ini was not fully tweakable, due to lack of variables.

The path for these files was something like this e.g:

Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed

Windows Vista/7: \Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed.

If AC:B uses a similar game Engine, then it should also create a config file, though the directory may differ. You can looking under the GameLauncher's path, which is different, IMO.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shop27C171CB8
03-19-2011, 06:29 AM
Only Assassin's Creed 2\Assassin2.ini shows up here. So no Assassins Creed Brotherhood editable settings. Weird.

@newmillenniumen,
Contact Ubisoft Support with your problem.

OmriP
03-19-2011, 07:24 AM
I am experiencing the same problem under Windows 7, graphics card is above recommended settings. The launcher also wouldn't remember my username and password even though I check "Remember Me"...

wlodi
03-19-2011, 07:30 AM
Go to C:\Users and search for "Assassin's Creed Brotherhood" folder somewhere. If it's not there, check out if this solution will work for you and if you're affected by this specific bug as I was: click here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5031067519/m/8771047519?r=1431048519#1431048519).

jakoozii
03-19-2011, 08:17 AM
I am also experience this kind of problem.

Tried running the game with administrator rights but it did not solved my problem.

OmriP
03-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by wlodi:
Go to C:\Users and search for "Assassin's Creed Brotherhood" folder somewhere. If it's not there, check out if this solution will work for you and if you're affected by this specific bug as I was: click here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5031067519/m/8771047519?r=1431048519#1431048519).

I've read your solution and I'm really worried... You had one Polish character which created all the trouble for you, but my user is entirely in Hebrew, which isn't even Latin letters! Hope it'll help...

jakoozii
03-19-2011, 09:17 PM
I have already sent a message to UBi support but still no reply...

Can anyone please help us?

ace3001
03-19-2011, 10:21 PM
If you're on Vista or 7, file should be at C:\Users\<USER>\Saved Games\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\ACBrotherhood.ini.

You have to edit this part:
DisplayWidth=800
DisplayHeight=600
RefreshRate=60
MultiSampleType=0
VSync=0
EnvironmentQuality=2
TextureQuality=2
ShadowQuality=0
ReflectionQuality=2
CharacterQuality=2
PostFX=1

EDIT: Forgot to cut off my username from path.

jakoozii
03-20-2011, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
If you're on Vista or 7, file should be at C:\Users\Kolitha\Saved Games\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\ACBrotherhood.ini.

You have to edit this part:
DisplayWidth=800
DisplayHeight=600
RefreshRate=60
MultiSampleType=0
VSync=0
EnvironmentQuality=2
TextureQuality=2
ShadowQuality=0
ReflectionQuality=2
CharacterQuality=2
PostFX=1

I have edited that file. But when I start to play the game, the graphics settings still resets default

KingDaniel0
03-20-2011, 01:06 AM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@kolitha,

Thanks for giving the Name and the path of the Game's Config File.

@swiftkillu,

Did you try to mark the ACBrotherhood.ini file as READ-ONLY, by changing it's attributes/properties, and see if doing this helps you or not ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thegodoflions
03-20-2011, 03:38 AM
experiencing the same problem
have tried setting file to READ ONLY and still graphics options are set to default at each launch.

seems to me theres a simple solution to this..one of us just needs to stumble into it..fat chance ubisofts gona do something about it.

KingDaniel0
03-20-2011, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by thegodoflions:
experiencing the same problem
have tried setting file to READ ONLY and still graphics options are set to default at each launch.

seems to me theres a simple solution to this..one of us just needs to stumble into it..fat chance ubisofts gona do something about it.

What happens if you DELETE the config file i.e. ACBrotherhood.ini ?? Does the game create a New one ? Maybe after deleting, again Launch the game and set all the Graphic Options to your liking ? Just see what happens.....

Else, I think we need to do some REGISTRY editing...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jakoozii
03-20-2011, 06:11 AM
@KingDaniel0 - yes, I have also tried to make the config file as read only and it still did not fixed the problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I also tried deleting the config and when the game is started it generates a new config.

Repeated the same steps by editing and making it to read only and still did not fix the problem

KingDaniel0
03-20-2011, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by swiftkillu:
@KingDaniel0 - yes, I have also tried to make the config file as read only and it still did not fixed the problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I also tried deleting the config and when the game is started it generates a new config.

Repeated the same steps by editing and making it to read only and still did not fix the problem

Hmmm.....Looks like we are running out of options. Btw, Which OS are you using ?

If using Windows 7/Vista, then launch and Play the Game/Game's .EXE under 'Windows XP SP3 Compatibility Mode', and see if the same behavior is repeated again or not ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jakoozii
03-20-2011, 06:27 AM
Im using windows 7 ultimate 64bit

Thanks for the reply, but I have also done that. (compatability mode) still it did not fixed it.

wlodi
03-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Have you tried my solution? It has already proven helpful to other people...

KingDaniel0
03-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by swiftkillu:
Im using windows 7 ultimate 64bit

Thanks for the reply, but I have also done that. (compatability mode) still it did not fixed it.

Do you have full ADMIN rights under Windows 7, and did you try playing and running the game as an Administrator ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

jakoozii
03-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Thanks for all the replies.

I fixed my own problem. (Ubi Support didn't even bother to reply to my message)

What I did was that I reformatted my pc and installed the game.

jakoozii
03-30-2011, 05:39 AM
And just when I thought the problem was fixed.

It returned..again.

The problem returned after playing the game a few times after reformatting the pc...then viola!, the problem returned!...graphics settings would reset everytime I start the application!....