PDA

View Full Version : Cesare (Spoiler)

medcsu11
08-02-2011, 06:09 PM
I don't see any topics about this so figured I'd bring it up.
I decided to play ACB again and one thing that sticks out (among many things actually) is what Cesare said at the final encounter.
He claims "You cannot kill me. No man can murder me".
Now then, do you guys think he is just blowing air, OR, he is perhaps an entity related somehow to "those that came before"?
We know he has come into contact with the Apple and with that being said, he very well could have (or already been) manipulated by it's power. As in, it took control of him much like it did Desmond at the very end of ACB.
It is hard to type what I am meaning here so hopefully you understand what I am getting at. In other words, could he potentially be (and always have been) the main antagonist in working with the "others" to consolidate mankind for them? From the "Truth" there have been many evil beings throughout history that have claim to the Templars (Hitler, for example).
I know I am just throwing this idea into the wind, but with that quote I just feel he (not in the form of Cesare, of course) will resurface somehow. Am I talking out my azz here or does anyone else feel something along these lines?

Lalalalaaaa
08-02-2011, 06:23 PM
I think what Cesare met was that he couldn't die by the hand of another man. Throughout the game he had this sense of entitlement like he was somehow above humankind and he deserved to rule the world. I don't think he was related to TWCB just because his father was unable to open the vault (think back to the ending of ACB where Juno said Desmond's blood communed with the apple, theres obviously something special about his bloodline and Ezio). I think that because of Cesare's belief that he was some sort of god on earth when he said "no man can murder me" he was essentially saying "I can only be killed by God" which is why Ezio didn't stab him but 'left him to the fates' and dropped him off the building

LightRey
08-02-2011, 07:42 PM
It could also have been a vague message he got from the apple that he interpreted as such.

Calvarok
08-02-2011, 08:20 PM
I really think it was just an example of his ego and determination. Ezio decided to show cesare that he really had no power over life and death. Each main assassination target seemed to have a moral in brotehrhood. The banker, greed leads to destruction. The baron: respect must be earned, nobility it not gained through blood. Michiletto, "He who is the cause of someone else becoming powerful is the agent of his own destruction".
And Cesare: you cannot control everything.

I like the idea the writer for brotherhood had, but the way he executed it didn't have very much impact.

And to the OP, in an interview with Alexandre, he said: "Cesare is dead. He's deader than dead.".

GunnarGunderson
08-02-2011, 08:25 PM
naw, he just had an ego bigger than Ezio's
<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Calvarok
08-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by BradKinn:
naw, he just had an ego bigger than Ezio's
<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>
Response one: Ezio's chicken wasn't that big.

Response two: Ezio never owned slaves, expecially one with such a non-italian name as ****!

EDIT: since I'm not meaning to use is as what it COULD mean, that doesn't count as a filter bypass, right?

Brandonmac10
08-02-2011, 09:23 PM
No... just,... no...