PDA

View Full Version : Question about installing & connection

sendblink23
03-31-2010, 08:33 PM
Well I ordered the game through Ebay(its still on the way, new factory sealed), so about installation & connection...

1. Can I install it on my different computers(I have 2 Desktops & 2 Laptops)? Yes, they all have more than enough of system requirements.. I'm just asking by the means of the game having the cdkey & needing connection DRM etc...

2. Connection... I read somewhere 128kb or something like that and up... well at all honesty my connections is actually lower at around 100kb its suppose to be 2mb but I have never ever seen downloads near that speed or even higher than 105kb(I've had tech guys here at my house, it just simply won't get higher connection... unless I change company). So am I still be able to play it on my slow connection?

TheLeoCrow
04-01-2010, 04:46 AM
When you first play the game, it asks for your ubi.com account and then your cd key. the cd key will be tied to your account and not your computer so when you install it to other computers you will just need your account information. However each pc will need internet connection to play and you will only be able to play it on one computer each time.

They say that even a 56k could be enough. As long as you don't max it out with p2p or other downloads while playing the game.

Hope you have fun, the game is great

adarwinter
04-01-2010, 05:34 AM
yeah, in theory u can install the game on all 4 computers but only play on one at a time.

by default your saves will be stored online so u can continue from any computer. however , as u can see from the boards on the first page, it happens that ppl lose online saves. u can also save them locally if u want.

your connection should be enough though i have a 5MB connection and once in a while i can play or log in :\ has nothing to do with my connection but the DRM service. this is why we dont like UBI as much as we used to :P

have fun with the game , mate.

p.s. - what laptops u have that meet the minimum requirements? how much did they cost you?

sendblink23
04-01-2010, 06:57 AM
Thank you guys, I will definitely enjoy this game once it arrives http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I'm pretty certain I won't play them at the same time... hopefully a neighbor when they come over they don't start the game at the same time while I'm playing it on one of my computers... I'll have to set up new rules at my house.

My laptops are an Asus G51J-A1 and an Acer 8930g both got lucky for them by bids on Ebay last year.

Thanks for the Tip of saving the games locally and not online(I saw the posts of people losing their saves by online issues, but its great to follow up from online with the other computers). Now if I start getting logged off by the UBI servers etc... I will just install it only on my laptops and use it on other friends house or some random hotspot.

adarwinter
04-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by sendblink23:
Thank you guys, I will definitely enjoy this game once it arrives http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I'm pretty certain I won't play them at the same time... hopefully a neighbor when they come over they don't start the game at the same time while I'm playing it on one of my computers... I'll have to set up new rules at my house.

My laptops are an Asus G51J-A1 and an Acer 8930g both got lucky for them by bids on Ebay last year.

Thanks for the Tip of saving the games locally and not online(I saw the posts of people losing their saves by online issues, but its great to follow up from online with the other computers). Now if I start getting logged off by the UBI servers etc... I will just install it only on my laptops and use it on other friends house or some random hotspot.

good luck with your game, mate. and be sure to give the tool i posted a go. making the fights actually mean danger will change your game experience for the better.

Gekkibi
04-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by sendblink23:
2. Connection... I read somewhere 128kb or something like that and up... well at all honesty my connections is actually lower at around 100kb its suppose to be 2mb but I have never ever seen downloads near that speed or even higher than 105kb(I've had tech guys here at my house, it just simply won't get higher connection... unless I change company). So am I still be able to play it on my slow connection?

You shouldn't mix bytes with bits, just like you shouldn't mix dollars with pounds, miles with kilometers, pascals with bars, celsius with kelvin, and so on...

sendblink23
04-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by adarwinter:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sendblink23:

good luck with your game, mate. and be sure to give the tool i posted a go. making the fights actually mean danger will change your game experience for the better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehehee I already downloaded your tool, I'll sure going to use it after finishing the game normally. Did you get to read my comment in the 2nd page of your Tool Thread.. kinda funny read your Thread post you'll find planet MARS in it "Released: 23 Mars 2010" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif