PDA

View Full Version : radio question

Sub_Boy
05-23-2008, 05:28 AM
Hi all,

I am new to this game, and have a question about radio communications useing the "TAB" button and corresponding number/message I want to use.
I noticed when useing the radio it seems the only time I get a reply is when I contact "ground control" but when contacting my wingman or other aircraft I get no reply leaving me wondering if if my requests are getting out.
I havn't tried all the communication choices, but so far "ground control" is the only one that responds.
Is this normal, or is there somthing in settings that needs to be turned on?

Cheers.

DKoor
05-23-2008, 06:38 AM
Depends... you can't send all kind of messages, unless you are a group leader... then depending on the size of your group (one group element, one schwarm, two schwarms etc.) you can order them to do stuff... sometimes it will be therefore only your wingman who will obey, and sometimes you'll have a several aircraft under your command.
Commands that you cannot use are in little darker color (when you press TAB button) than those you can use (light blue - dark blue).

Ground control works regardless of your rank in group.

Sub_Boy
05-23-2008, 06:55 AM
Thanks much for the info. DKoor, I will scope it out next time I play.

Tully__
05-23-2008, 08:11 AM
It depends who you're flying for too. Some the early war Japanese campaigns, the Japanese aircraft aren't equipped with radios so you'll get no responses. The responses from Ground Control in missions where the radio is "not fitted" are to simulate visual signaling between your aircraft and the control tower.