PDA

View Full Version : flooding more torpedo chambers at once

HoldSteady641
11-17-2005, 08:36 AM
How do you flood more than one torpedo chambers at one time? I only manage to flood one using 'Q' while selecting the desired chamber. As soon as I select the next and press Q on that, the other closes again! (checked it using gods eye view) I hear everybody talking (well, not everyone, but I'm having a parano├┬»c fit so please accept it while it lasts) about flooding multiple chambers, which seems jolly handy with me for convoy attacks. does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Maj_Solo
11-17-2005, 09:00 AM
It is supposed to work the way you describe.

If you want to open all tubes you need to right-click on the officer in the middle, and grab the view and tilt it up, you will see a small box there with a switch for all tubes. Flip all switches and you have all tubes open and they will remain open until you fire.

Under some circumstances they may close anyway dispite you used this box, but I have no clue about the reason. But usually they stay open as intended.

The_Silent_O
11-17-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Maj_Solo:
It is supposed to work the way you describe.

If you want to open all tubes you need to right-click on the officer in the middle, and grab the view and tilt it up, you will see a small box there with a switch for all tubes. Flip all switches and you have all tubes open and they will remain open until you fire.

Under some circumstances they may close anyway dispite you used this box, but I have no clue about the reason. But usually they stay open as intended.

...Or if you are going to fire a salvo of torpedoes, when you hit 'Q' all the doors of the selected salvo should open.

lecek
11-17-2005, 10:17 AM
From the weapons screen 'F6' you can click on the tupes one at a time and press 'q'. Don't use 'y' to cycle tubes, that will close them again. Don't try this from an attack scope they will close behind you there as well.

HoldSteady641
11-18-2005, 05:14 AM
Excellent info, thx very much!

jorgesoo
11-18-2005, 04:07 PM
I guess if a Uboat performance hit is modelled in the game, in case you open all torpedo tubes.-

HoldSteady641
11-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Err, come again?

RoughRaider1
11-18-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by jorgesoo:
I guess if a Uboat performance hit is modelled in the game, in case you open all torpedo tubes.-

I've wondered this myself, but I can't say I've noticed any performance issues with my Uboot by having all or more then one tube open.

John_NAVY
11-18-2005, 07:34 PM
from the control room (F2) look up to the conning tower... might have to turn, depending on which sub you're in. Enter the conning tower, turn yourself to your left untill you see the "rack" of torpedo tub buttons, than click on each tube, thusly "opening" it for ever, or untill you launch a torp, which ever comes first.

John

Maj_Solo
11-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by RoughRaider1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jorgesoo:

I've wondered this myself, but I can't say I've noticed any performance issues with my Uboot by having all or more then one tube open. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too, no noticable difference, if it is it is so few percent that it is less than a hole knot.