PDA

View Full Version : ~Mission Awards~Question????

Faltalis
06-19-2008, 01:29 PM
Hi I currently play the missions on this game and this is my question:

For the German's I currently have a Golden German Cross is there anything higher than this in the game?(like oakleaves, swords, diamonds ect?) I would be helpful if you told me awards for other countries aswell.

Thanks, Faltalis

DKoor
06-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Through DGen campaigns.

You can get all awards from all nations except highest medal in Luftwaffe (you'll never get diamonds) and IJA/IJN (you'll never get katana).

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/DKoor/il2/awards_de.jpg

Faltalis
06-19-2008, 02:15 PM
Sweeeeet so you can get the knights crosses! Time to go get them =P

crucislancer
06-19-2008, 04:00 PM
That's really weird that the Diamonds to the Knights Cross is out of reach. I wonder why?

I wish I know what the program uses to figure out when to give a medal. I think it goes by score in a single mission (unlike promotions which are based on cumlative score) but I'm not sure.

beNdeR__
11-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Sorry to bring up this oldish thread..

Over the last year or so I have been slowly progressing through two DGEN campaigns, one with VVS and other with luftwaffe. I have read about the "russian" and "german" styles of awarding medals in the game, and in both campaigns I am missing the elusive 8th award.

VVS campaign finished with 435 aerial kills, 91 ground kills.
won: order of red star, 2x order of red banner, order of lenin, 3x hero of soviet union, order of patriotic war 2nd and 1st class.
I believe I missed order of glory?

luftwaffe campaign nearly complete with 333 aerial kills, 145 ground kills so far
won: iron cross 2nd and 1st class, german cross in gold, knights cross up to diamonds
I am missing gold knights cross?

Is there anyway to actually win these awards in DGEN? given the victories I have been able to compile, it would seem like I would have been able to get these awards

crucislancer
11-29-2008, 05:46 PM
It's still a little vague exactly how IL-2 awards medals. They seem to be mission specific, so I'm guessing that you would have to score a ton of points in a single mission to get an award. What that total is seems to be unknown. I think if you look back at your pilot notes and compare the dates that you got the medal with what you shot down that mission you will find those exceptional missions are what get you the medal.

No one has ever gotten the Knights Cross in Gold, but I still have a feeling it's possible. The question is what does it take?

beNdeR__
11-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Yeah it does seem really odd as to how the awards are given. In my VVS campaign, started in 1941, I had reached Polkovnik and was awarded everything by the end of 1942, and the campaign finished in 1945.
Luftwaffe campaign has been fairly similar, a bit slower I guess. Just today I finished an Me-262 mission over Berlin and got 13 kills, and nothing doing, so I don't know what crazy thing you need to do to score that gold knights cross.

crucislancer
11-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by beNdeR__:
Yeah it does seem really odd as to how the awards are given. In my VVS campaign, started in 1941, I had reached Polkovnik and was awarded everything by the end of 1942, and the campaign finished in 1945.
Luftwaffe campaign has been fairly similar, a bit slower I guess. Just today I finished an Me-262 mission over Berlin and got 13 kills, and nothing doing, so I don't know what crazy thing you need to do to score that gold knights cross.

What did the 13 kills consist of? You get 100 points per engine, so if you shot down 13 B-17s you would have 5200 just from that, plus whatever you get from landing and completing missions objectives.

beNdeR__
11-29-2008, 07:05 PM
5x la-5fn, 6x il-2 3m, 2x yak-3

all single engine, and from what I understand those give the least amount of points