PDA

View Full Version : World of Planes.

Metatron_123
09-03-2011, 06:37 PM
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x286/metatron_123/shot20110902232255.jpg

What do you think? Some nice screenshots. This is by the guys that made the flawed Wings of Prey, however they have been reading criticism on their forums for months, so presumably this will meet a flight simmer's demands?

Shame it's an MMO, it might be fun, but replay value will run out once the servers empty right?

TipsyTed
09-03-2011, 06:48 PM
MMO?!

Stiletto-
09-04-2011, 02:20 AM
Yeah but what about World of Warplanes, thats a completely different title by the makes of World of Tanks right. This is getting confusing.

Did they just want to capitalize on the World of " " name and stole it before the WoT could take it?

Metatron_123
09-04-2011, 02:32 AM
Pretty much. ^

DKoor
09-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Great picture http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif .

Bearcat99
09-04-2011, 10:59 AM
This is the sequel to WoP from Gaijin..

Chris0382
09-05-2011, 06:44 AM
I kinda of like the Wings of Prey. It was geared a bit to the arcade like players but many enjoyed that game who were not IL-2 experts. And it may have gotten some people to give IL-2 a try for more realism.

Bearcat99
09-05-2011, 07:02 AM
I don't "kinda like Wop .... I like Wings of Prey..

Despite it's limited functionality and regardless to what some of the "experts" may say.. it is not a bad product. It is not IL2.. so to compare it to IL2 is like comparing limes to grapefruits.. it is a totally different flavor.. but it has similarities.. but.. it is a lime.. not a grapefruit.. and both have their place on my HD.

Stiletto-
09-06-2011, 01:03 AM
I picked it up at the Steam summer sale for $5 and while graphically impressive, I thought the physics were terrible. I wasn't expecting it to be like IL-2 FB, I know it is more relaxed but I don't mean terrible as in "the planes handle too arcadey" I mean most of the planes actually handle awful.

Maybe I didn't give it enough time and someone can point out some tips for me but I found that most of the planes didn't like to turn much at all, maybe a little more if you chop the throttle. The ai seems to do the instantaneous super barrel-rolls and split-s's as soon as you get them in your sites and your plane is too lethargic to follow. I tried using the I-16 and it could perform maneuvers a little quicker but I still found it pretty bad. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Bearcat99
09-09-2011, 06:36 AM
Did you patch it..? It improved some with the patches.. Like I said.. it was different.. but enjoyable.. The worst part to me is the online flying.. (mind you.. even though I like it.. it needs work.. hopefully World of Plane will be what Wings of Prey was not..)

jfarnes
09-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Hey ppl u got wrong there:
World of planes will be an multiplayer game by the makers who made wot, which saw that their ARCADE formula was working... so it will be 100 percent arcade, including the fact that it WONT HAVE COCKPIT VIEW, so thic pic is totally fake.

So dont worry cause IL2 will still be the best sim.

Mr_Zooly
09-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by jfarnes:
Hey ppl u got wrong there:
World of planes will be an multiplayer game by the makers who made wot, which saw that their ARCADE formula was working... so it will be 100 percent arcade, including the fact that it WONT HAVE COCKPIT VIEW, so thic pic is totally fake.

So dont worry cause IL2 will still be the best sim.

There seems to be a little confusion here,World of Warplanes is by Wargaming.net and World of Planes is by Gaijin. It would seem that you might just need to check your facts!

Stiletto-
09-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:
Did you patch it..? It improved some with the patches.. Like I said.. it was different.. but enjoyable.. The worst part to me is the online flying.. (mind you.. even though I like it.. it needs work.. hopefully World of Plane will be what Wings of Prey was not..)

I got it on Steam which automatically patches, so everything should be up to date.