PDA

View Full Version : help please!!!!! i cant jump the poles.

harriss01
04-28-2011, 08:02 AM
i have a problem with swinging.i swing to the poles but i dont know what to press next so that ezio will jump to the next pole.The problem is big especially now to the novara s tomb.i am playing in pc.thanks.

Wantmeaninja
04-28-2011, 01:07 PM
Whatever button you use to free run. Just hold it down and he'll swing to the next pole/platform/ledge. That's how it is on PS3 anyway. If you're talking about jumping from pillar to pillar it's pretty much the same. I know you're on PC but maybe this will make sense. On PS3 the x button is jump- but it won't do anything unless you hold down the sprint button which is R2. You pretty much use those two buttons simultaneously for all of the parkour stuff. When pillar jumping just line things up hold the sprint button and tap the jump button to hop along. Hope that helps. Good luck.

harriss01
05-02-2011, 02:00 PM
i am swinging but whatever i push he doesnt release the pole to jump.what to push first?

Ureh
05-02-2011, 02:29 PM
If you're swinging, then keep holding those buttons. Now push/hold the space bar. If that doesn't work, then check your keyboard mapping to see which button is corresponding with the legs.

The full combo is: high profile button, forward button, and jump/leg button.

Wantmeaninja
05-02-2011, 08:19 PM
@Ureh Hahaha every time I post something in the forums you follow it with a better/more informative post. Always makes me feel stupid.

Ureh
05-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Wantmeaninja:
@Ureh Hahaha every time I post something in the forums you follow it with a better/more informative post. Always makes me feel stupid.

I think your post is more detailed than mine and better explains everything. I hope I didn't undermine your post (that was/is not my intention). I'm sorry if I did and will make all effort to avoid repeating it in the future. I merely reiterated what you said because the OP still seems to be lost (this is the second time they asked this question).

Maybe the reason is because we are misunderstanding their question. I suggest that the OP find a video on youtube that demonstrates the move they want to perform (there are a lot of walkthrough vids for Santa Maria Novella on youtube). Link it to us and tell us the time in that vid.

Wantmeaninja
05-03-2011, 11:38 AM
@Ureh I'm not mad bro. After all the more info the OP gets the better. So don't stop doing what you're doing. I just thought it was funny. Peace

harriss01
05-04-2011, 11:17 AM
nothing happens.by pressing high profile(del)+ legs(right enter)he continues to swing.by pressing forward(up)nothing happens.i press all together nothing happens. the leg button is for swinging not for jumping.

Wantmeaninja
05-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Really? Idk then man. On PS3 you just hold those buttons and point yourself with the analog stick and he just does it automatically. Maybe you could try using a controller.

DarthDeva
05-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by harriss01:
nothing happens.by pressing high profile(del)+ legs(right enter)he continues to swing.by pressing forward(up)nothing happens.i press all together nothing happens. the leg button is for swinging not for jumping.

Wow the keys you use are really complicated
The leg button is for jumping, not for swinging.
High profile does the swinging. You have to be swinging first, when you feel you have the momentum, just hold the leg button to perform the magical swing to the next pole/cable/anything.
Try playing with the default key layout, it's much easier to use. (holding W and right click for swinging then start holding the space bar)