PDA

View Full Version : Bug: off-center pilot viewpoint in SBDs

PlaneEater
09-21-2005, 10:16 AM
The pilot POV camera in the SBD aircraft isn't centered correctly. Appears to be about three inches to the left. Kind of throws you off when you're trying to trim the ship or fly formation, since the cockpit feels just barely skewed as a result of the offset (the cockpit is fine, it's the illusion that messes with you).

Hopefully can be corrected for 4.02--very very simple fix.

PlaneEater
09-21-2005, 10:16 AM
The pilot POV camera in the SBD aircraft isn't centered correctly. Appears to be about three inches to the left. Kind of throws you off when you're trying to trim the ship or fly formation, since the cockpit feels just barely skewed as a result of the offset (the cockpit is fine, it's the illusion that messes with you).

Hopefully can be corrected for 4.02--very very simple fix.

RAF74_Poker
09-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Pffffttt ... just sit 3 inches to the right !! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JG53Frankyboy
09-21-2005, 11:56 AM
perhaps that make it possible to aim through the secondary-sight ?
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

PlaneEater
09-21-2005, 12:06 PM
If that's the case, Frankieboy, it's evidence of an even larger problem, because the guns converge perfectly in the center of two different gunsights--the small wire reticule AND the tube sight. o_O

It'd be great if the view could be properly centered, and the 'Raise Seat' command could be used instead to move the point of view to look through the secondary sight.

jeroen-79
09-21-2005, 12:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PlaneEater:
If that's the case, Frankieboy, it's evidence of an even larger problem, because the guns converge perfectly in the center of two different gunsights--the small wire reticule AND the tube sight. o_O </div></BLOCKQUOTE>What is problematic about that?
It is not impossible to aim two sights at the same point.
Besides, 3 inches at 200 meters (or whatever your convergence is) is not a very large angle, (about 0.02 degrees).

VW-IceFire
09-21-2005, 02:55 PM
Mmmm...I fly the Dauntless a fair amount. I haven't noticed to be honest...

VF-2_John_Banks
09-23-2005, 01:57 PM
I noticed the same in the F-4U. Look at the upper left and right cockpit framing in the straight forward view and you'll notice, that there is quite some misallignement. I think the left framing is hardly visible wheras the right one is.