PDA

View Full Version : Free Roam

durge666
04-08-2008, 01:20 PM
I hope that Ubisoft makes an update that allows free roam. When you start up the game and go to the Animus' menu, there should be a free roam option next to the last mission. When you click on the free roam button, it would bring you to the black screen and ask you where you want to start out: Masyaf, Kingdom, Jerusalem, Acre, Damascus. A feature like that would give Assassin's Creed unlimited re-playability. I just stopped playing it because whenever I want to roam around the cities, I have to go to the last mission and sit through the annoying speech and then head down the mountain from Masyaf. If there was a feature that allowed someone to just go into the world with all weapons and roam around freely, it would give this game unlimited re-playability. The feature would only be available once you beat the game. That would be so awesome. Who else agrees that Ubisoft should put that in an update?

adarwinter
04-08-2008, 04:31 PM
i also cant figure out why this kinda feature isnt in the stock game.
it makes perfect sense.

there are so many things that could have made it more fun. assassin's is a game where u kinda need to make your own fun since the core game isnt very deep or challenging so a free roam where things are tougher is an obvious expectation, i think.
maybe if the health wasnt regenerating as long as the triangle is red or yellow, or limit altairs health to less bars or at least make the guards more powerful.
there are tons over tons of ideas of challenges that this game could give the player but ubisoft seemed to have ran out of momentum after putting the wonderful animation, climbing and combat system together. they kinda forgot to put a game in between all the innovations.

BTOG46
04-08-2008, 04:37 PM
They did have to make it all fit on the Xbox core remember, and although the PC doesn't have the same kind of limitations, they'd hardly rewrite the whole of the game just to make it better for the PC.

durge666
04-08-2008, 04:45 PM
It wouldn't be tougher, it would just be a free roam. I mean seriously, it's awesome to go around Jerusalem and see all the landmarks. I just roam around and assassinate people who are in my way or ppl that make me. I'll just be running across some rooftop heading towards the Church in Acre and then some guard starts yelling Assassin!! Assassin. Now I wasn't actually trying to hurt anyone, I was just running around, but since he was such a ******, I had to kill him. Anyway, my point is that I don't think I'll ever get tired of running around those ancient cities. If only that was a little easier to do. Having to listen to unskippable boring speeches is a serious turn off. If only you could bypass that, it would be so much more fun. And, it wouldn't be over burdening the console, it would just be the same map, but with different settings and scenarios. It's easy to do. I'm surprised they haven't done it in an update already. It's one of those things that should be there, but it isn't. All sandbox games should have some kind of free roam option.

FYTJ
04-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Yeah, we know, free roaming would be ok and wouldn't be too much work. But there are quite a lot of people who complain about "not being able to do this", "not being able to do that", "and they should make a patch to add this", "and they should make a patch to add that"... It's getting old now. I mean; the game HAS already been made and HAS already been released and there's nothing we can change about that. It is true that thanks to feedback and suggestions we were able to get the new investigations in the PC version, but now complaining is no good anymore. The game has been released and that's it. Some of us like it, some of us take it as it is and some of us don't like it. That's the way humans work and it's ok; we would be boring if we'd all have the same opinion.
I don't think Ubisoft will remake Assassin's Creed to suit everybody's tastes. They can't make 30 versions of the game, they simply can't. They can't make an extra version for people who want a crossbow, an extra version for people who want a free roaming button, an extra version for people who seem to be wanting to play "Assassin's Sims"(I'm not talking about any of you guys)... It's just the way it is and everything we can do now is suggest stuff for Assassin's Creed 2. But the Assassin's Creed we are currently playing my friends, will not be changed. Let's just face it. I am very sorry if some of you have been dissapointed but everything you can do now is either play it as it is or get yourself another game. Focus on Assassin's Creed 2 now! I'm sure it'll suit more people's tastes than the first one did! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

durge666
04-08-2008, 08:24 PM
They've made patches for the PS3 version and minor fixes for the 360. It wouldn't be too hard. Giving Altair a crossbow would be changing gameplay which would probably be criticized, but adding a free roam option is something they should have done from the start. I just think that they should put it in a patch for the 360 and PS3. Just my opinion (and the opinion of 90 percent of everyone else).

Crash_Plague
04-10-2008, 05:46 PM
He just isn't giving up http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

durge666
04-10-2008, 08:39 PM
I VIL NEVRE GIV ^.

Crash_Plague
04-10-2008, 09:01 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Rock on dude, never give in to the man!!!111oneoneeleven!

durge666
04-10-2008, 09:12 PM
|,,| -_- |,,| rock on

joke_dst
04-11-2008, 08:14 AM
If you're playing the PC version you can make a backup of your save while in the the last mission (=all city blocks unlocked) and roam from there.

All you console nerds are of course borked, but I guess using consoles already proved that... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

adarwinter
04-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by joke_dst:
If you're playing the PC version you can make a backup of your save while in the the last mission (=all city blocks unlocked) and roam from there.

All you console nerds are of course borked, but I guess using consoles already proved that... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

exactly. i have the PC version as of yesterday and every new mission i begin, once i am finished with the long al-mualim conversation, i ALT-TAB out of the game and make a backup file of the save so when im donw with the game i can go back to any one of my older profiles and play them however i like.

durge666
04-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Well, that pisses me off. Ubisoft should make all the games even. If the computer game can save after Al Mualim's annoying speech, then the console version should have some kind of free roam.

Forky2007
04-11-2008, 09:58 PM
just because you're too lazy to sit through a 2 minute speech,2 minute run down the mountain,and a 1 minute horseride,ubisoft has to rewrite the game?only in america............

this is the most laughable complaint i've ever heard......is this even for real,or sarcasm?

Ulgen
04-14-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm with you 100%, durge666. Free roam should be added in the next update. It's the one thing that keeps me from playing this game all the time. It's more than annoying to go through the cutscene and getting out of Masyaf each and every time you start up the game. It actually takes away most of motivation for starting up the game. I'd love to run around hunting flags and templars, but the process of actually getting to the fun part is just too much.

Plz, UbiSoft, it's not that hard, is it? And you must agree that, beeing a free roaming game, Assassin's Creed should have had this feature out of the box...

Adaram64
04-14-2008, 01:28 PM
I find this conversation fascinating.

I am normally a player of MMO's (Lord of the Rings Online, World of Warcraft), and especially with the former version, the company in question releases new content all the time. Having said that, they get paid monthly subscription to play, so I guess they have the revenues to do so.

I agree with the folks that would like to have a feature or two added, and I think Free Roam would be good, but I suspect the economics of making changes now just don't make sense, so I am not holding my breath.

Given all that, where do the save files reside? I definitely think a save version *after* the speech and riding (which incidentally takes much longer than 1 minute from what I can tell), is something I am planning to do.

drego5thesecond
04-15-2008, 11:41 AM
C:\Documents and Settings\{your account name}\Application Data\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed\Saved Games