PDA

View Full Version : Cockpit Off, Almost?

bmoffa
05-09-2007, 09:02 PM
I discoverd the cockpit off Wonder Woman view a couple of days ago. It makes things a bit easier, but I tend to get disoriented because I lose site of the gunsite. I also find myself flying as it the airplane is going in the direction I am looking. But, I really do like those neat little arrows that popup showing all the airplanes that are off-screen. I would really like a mode that shows the arrows while the cockpit is on.

bmoffa
05-09-2007, 09:02 PM
I discoverd the cockpit off Wonder Woman view a couple of days ago. It makes things a bit easier, but I tend to get disoriented because I lose site of the gunsite. I also find myself flying as it the airplane is going in the direction I am looking. But, I really do like those neat little arrows that popup showing all the airplanes that are off-screen. I would really like a mode that shows the arrows while the cockpit is on.

Divine-Wind
05-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Sorry, nothing like that for cockpit view. Peripheral vision aids are only present in WW view.

-HH-Quazi
05-09-2007, 11:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bmoffa:
I discoverd the cockpit off Wonder Woman view a couple of days ago. It makes things a bit easier, but I tend to get disoriented because I lose site of the gunsite. I also find myself flying as it the airplane is going in the direction I am looking. But, I really do like those neat little arrows that popup showing all the airplanes that are off-screen. I would really like a mode that shows the arrows while the cockpit is on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever floats your boat m8. Most m8s here are not into the arcadish side of this sim. I actually started playing this sim in the mode you are speaking of, and all in all, it allowed me a decent start. But as time went on I started finding the arrows to be just a bit to easy. You may eventually do the same, or, you may not. That is what is great about this sim. If you like to play in no cockpit with the arrows around the edges of your screen, you can. Then one can go as far as what is called full switch where you are locked in your cockpit with nothing but your instrument panel to tell you speed, altitude, fuel levels, oil pressures, manifold pressures, compass, etc. with your head on a swivel looking for bandits having to ID ac by their markings or by the ac's shape or silloette before pulling the trigger. Either way, just enjoy the sim and play it the way you want to or like to.