PDA

View Full Version : KEEP PLAYING RSV2

cF Zeus
05-22-2008, 11:18 AM
I don't really understand how people can't look past a few issues with a game and continue playing but maybe I'm one of the few actual gamers out there today...

I play cause it's fun! I have made a few comments on the respawns in this game but it's so easy to look past. People get bored because they suck at the game, it's that simple. It's not the run and gun type like COD4, sure it has a run button, but it's completely useless in CQB. True gamers will keep playing, whiners will quit.

Mysticaly
05-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Your post doesn't even dignify a real answer, so here's a answer you would understand which is about as mature as your post...

BLEEHHHH!

GSG_9_Rage
05-22-2008, 12:52 PM
It's much more than a few issues. Some people can'teven play the game due to some problems.

Yes, true gamers will keep playing. That's why after 5 years I still play Raven Shield.

Mysticaly
05-22-2008, 01:08 PM
True gamers, or real gamers or whatever will seek out quality games, not games with quality potential, that's why gamers are quitting on Vegas 2, as GSG_9_Rage says he are sticking to a game that equals quality for him, just the same are I, I'm sticking to Q3 Arena and Raven Shield simply because of quality.

I would however never use Vegas 1 or 2 for anything else than recreation, the quality of those games is not good enough for anything else.
I still have hopes for Vegas 2 though, however so slim they are.

All in all I think I'm pretty loyal to the games seeing how I run a fansite for vegas and all, but playing this game as my #1, doubt that ever will happen.

I seriously doubt that people will suddenly start to pick up this game as well, simply because the lack of quality in it shines trough at first glance.

Conclusion, if your an True Gamer, or Real gamer then you would not use R6V2 for anything else as an recreation game and you would start playing some quality games in example in a clan. This is exactly what being a true gamer is all about, searching out quality titles and mastering them, while still playing other games as a recreation.

Edit: The above might trigger a thought like "then why on earth do they care so much what vegas is like?"
Simply because we have payed for the game and are expecting more.

Bronxstalker
05-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Mysticaly:

Conclusion, if your an True Gamer, or Real gamer then you would not use R6V2 for anything else as an recreation game and you would start playing some quality games in example in a clan. This is exactly what being a true gamer is all about, searching out quality titles and mastering them, while still playing other games as a recreation.

This is such bs. How dare you state what you think a true gamer is. Only true gamers play quality titles religiously and everything else recreationally? That's bogus. I consider myself a true gamer. I play both quality titles and non-quality titles. I play every single day. I play pc games and console games. I play shooters, RPGs, MMOs (currently WoW) and RTS. I subscribe and participate in several gaming forums. I follow the industry of who's who and what's what. I could play the hell out of GTA4 during the day, Vegas at night, and WoW while I'm eating breakfast getting ready for work.

But wait, because I don't stick religiously with one game seeking out clans and playing all the others recreationally....I guess I'm not a "true gamer".

That is such garbage. A true gamer can appreciate changing games and not cling on to the same idea of a 5+ year old game/concept.

Don't confuse being a true gamer with being a fanboy.

countersniper18
05-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Bronxstalker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mysticaly:

This is such bs. How dare you state what you think a true gamer is. Only true gamers play quality titles religiously and everything else recreationally? That's bogus. I consider myself a true gamer. I play both quality titles and non-quality titles. I play every single day. I play pc games and console games. I play shooters, RPGs, MMOs (currently WoW) and RTS. I subscribe and participate in several gaming forums. I follow the industry of who's who and what's what. I could play the hell out of GTA4 during the day, Vegas at night, and WoW while I'm eating breakfast getting ready for work.

But wait, because I don't stick religiously with one game seeking out clans and playing all the others recreationally....I guess I'm not a "true gamer".

That is such garbage. A true gamer can appreciate changing games and not cling on to the same idea of a 5+ year old game/concept.

Don't confuse being a true gamer with being a fanboy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

geez im followin these posts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif no wonder ya had bust up with that CAG dude you got seriouz issues man http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

(How dare you state) dude are you the forum manager or sumfink? I am missing sumfink here!
scary scary http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif mak me afraid to post on here, he can have an opinionn too ya know take a chill pill man http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Funkyhunk_
05-22-2008, 03:17 PM
a true gamer knows that a game is just a game and it is meant for you to enjoy a certain aspect of it. whether you are hardcore or casual or semitactical player. so get out of your rooms, socialize and move on with your lives and just play games for entertainment purposes. and if you want to be good in a game, keep it to yourself. it is really no use in your life. you get fat, and waste your day away being unproductive. and to be honest, true gamers know that they cant have sex with a woman by topping the leaderboards. this post is the most stupid post i have ever put in because people are stupid enough to actually make an argument out of this including me. and yeah, i suck in the game because of lag and i have a life. and i am a true gamer because i can live with it. i dont slash my wrist when i loose in a game. and just for the record, true gamers know how to create their own game and are just pissed off of the company funding them to create a game with money as its priority.

and in my opinion, rainbow6 should stick true to its name just like in the raven shield days. afterall, they have haze, a full copy of halo to make the mass appeal and get the money they want. god, haze=halo, even the number of letters are similar. leave rainbow6 the way its meant to be, afterall, those halo gamers will soon get sick of the gameplay they play in and try out a more different gameplay style, which is rainbow6 style,

i like vegas2 cuz i enjoy playing the game and have looked past the flaws in hopes it will get fixed in the next patch.(random respawn, t-hunt spawn behind issue, PSN signout in servers containing 12 up people, no server ping representation and the annoying sound loop.) It is not as tactical as i expected it to be, but it still was able to catch my attention. and for those people having issues with connection, delete all data and reinstall the game with the patch right away. other than that, it maybe your firewall/router issue already or just plain user problem.

cheers. I hope i will never post something like this again

Bronxstalker
05-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by countersniper18:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bronxstalker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mysticaly:

geez im followin these posts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif no wonder ya had bust up with that CAG dude you got seriouz issues man http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

scary scary http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif mak me afraid to post on here he can have an opinionn too ya know take a chill pill man http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, we can all have our opinions. It's seems though that with the old timers here, if you don't share their opinions, then something is wrong with you.

I need to chill because he thinks I'm not a "true gamer"? Does that make sense?

Did you follow what Delta was saying and how bent out of shape he got? The topic in that thread was about why someone was getting low framerates. It was obvious that it was his vid card. yet Delta insisted it was something else, and when I didn't agree, he pulled the "I'm smarter than you cause I have a masters and served in the military" card...and then proceeded to pm me violent threatnening messages.

But I'm the scary one? Maybe I should have stayed away from these boards.

VP360
05-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by ShawdowRaptor:
I don't really understand how people can't look past a few issues with a game and continue playing but maybe I'm one of the few actual gamers out there today...

I play cause it's fun! I have made a few comments on the respawns in this game but it's so easy to look past. People get bored because they suck at the game, it's that simple. It's not the run and gun type like COD4, sure it has a run button, but it's completely useless in CQB. True gamers will keep playing, whiners will quit.

Actually I quit because it is more of a run and gun game now and team deathmatch sucks now. I played team death match alot before the update and now I refuse to play it because the random respawn bs. Also you say people cant look past a few issues lol. Its more than just few issues buddy.

countersniper18
05-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Bronxstalker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by countersniper18:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bronxstalker:

scary scary http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif mak me afraid to post on here he can have an opinionn too ya know take a chill pill man http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, we can all have our opinions. It's seems though that with the old timers here, if you don't share their opinions, then something is wrong with you.

I need to chill because he thinks I'm not a "true gamer"? Does that make sense?

Did you follow what Delta was saying and how bent out of shape he got? The topic in that thread was about why someone was getting low framerates. It was obvious that it was his vid card. yet Delta insisted it was something else, and when I didn't agree, he pulled the "I'm smarter than you cause I have a masters and served in the military" card...and then proceeded to pm me violent threatnening messages.

But I'm the scary one? Maybe I should have stayed away from these boards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude i will be honest with ya. i read the posts and he was wayyyyy outa order with what he said to ya, bout that one thing. the rest of everything he said. what i could pick up on i more or less agree with him! not you! over what was said.

Now dnt start talking bout the mil in a negative bad way dude, not accusing you or anything here man. But my bro is serving in Afghanistan dnt talk about the mil in a bad way. Just being honest with ya man you wound that CAG dude up and then you posted the pm on here, being honest if you had talked to my bro lke that he would have ripped you a new one

dude im being seriouz reading all that sh*t it looked like you pussied out. U aint no man posting **** like that on here. Id put 100bucks down that CAG would have ripped u up in reality lol my bro is in the 82nd Airborne he has met some of those commando dudes serious bad asses man.

StatesMan_Hero
05-22-2008, 04:00 PM
How can you say we suck when these AI in realistic have the power Lightning REFLEXES from City of Villains? Seriously I clear and area I turn my camera away (I look in another direction), I then look back where I just killed 15 guys and a Spas 12 fool is there but I actually only hear his gun and die before I see it. That's what makes it unfun. I've played online for like 150 hours or something and everyone I played with dies to this. We can aim and kill guys that actually move properly and don't teleport like Hayden Christensen from Jumper, but the teleporters are lame.

Another good example of how bad this is - on Import/Export, there's a door you look in and you see lockers. Now I know guys are standing there I've seen them attack from there a million times. I throw a incendiary grenade, no one dies. i peek around the corner and right before my eyes 3 guys spawn shooting from that spot through the fire. It's stuff like this that makes the game suck.

GSG_9_Rage
05-22-2008, 04:07 PM
But just because I am passionate about a game and I enjoy posting on a forum about a game, doesn't mean I don't have a life. Like I said in another post, I have friends outside of the gaming world. I have a job, I am a firefighter, I have an active social life, a pretty good sex life and i have had my fair share of relationships, yet I still take my gaming seriously.

countersniper18
05-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by GSG_9_Rage:
But just because I am passionate about a game and I enjoy posting on a forum about a game, doesn't mean I don't have a life. Like I said in another post, I have friends outside of the gaming world. I have a job, I am a firefighter, I have an active social life, a pretty good sex life and i have had my fair share of relationships, yet I still take my gaming seriously.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gifnice one man, bigup the firefighters and the armed forcces, good to hear you spreadin the luv http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

GSG_9_Rage
05-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks man, I appreciate it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MD_Sennet
05-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by ShawdowRaptor:
It's not the run and gun type like COD4, sure it has a run button, but it's completely useless in CQB.
Which would be good if there was any actual CGB in Vegas2.

Funkyhunk_
05-22-2008, 05:05 PM

True. Just what like i said in my post.

NOMAD_183
05-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by StatesMan_Hero:
How can you say we suck when these AI in realistic have the power Lightning REFLEXES from City of Villains? Seriously I clear and area I turn my camera away (I look in another direction), I then look back where I just killed 15 guys and a Spas 12 fool is there but I actually only hear his gun and die before I see it. That's what makes it unfun. I've played online for like 150 hours or something and everyone I played with dies to this. We can aim and kill guys that actually move properly and don't teleport like Hayden Christensen from Jumper, but the teleporters are lame.

Another good example of how bad this is - on Import/Export, there's a door you look in and you see lockers. Now I know guys are standing there I've seen them attack from there a million times. I throw a incendiary grenade, no one dies. i peek around the corner and right before my eyes 3 guys spawn shooting from that spot through the fire. It's stuff like this that makes the game suck.

No doubt. Once I get to Elite, I'm not playing T-Hunt on "realistic" anymore because the AI are ridiculous.

oODmGOo
05-22-2008, 08:28 PM
whats with all the jive talk about running and gunning. Have you ever seen a swat team storm a drug house? I have....its quick, and noone is miraculously peering around a corner without exposing there forehead.
Personally, i dont use the cover system, instead play this game as if it were graw minus the peak. Being the first to site and trigger down a tango requires far more skill (or ping or system), then hiding behind a corner or a box waiting to see some poor fool progress in your direction.
Parascopes are for subs, not people. If all of you that trash talk run and gun are so bored with TH then try setting it for 12 A.I. spawning and then see if you can avoid your cover junk. If you ask me, all of those who depend on this cover system are gonna have a heck of a time playing the next great true FPS that comes out.

ChronicCritic
05-22-2008, 10:09 PM
ShawdowRaptor
It's not the run and gun type like COD4,

Uhh actually with the new random respawn patch its EXACTLY LIKE COD4.

meivj00
05-23-2008, 12:07 AM

Not long ago a saw some posting about this being a forum not only for the mature...now you are beginning about your pretty good sexlife..omg...now what kind of extra/usefull information has that for us http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif .

ontopic: stopped playing for couple of weeks now..so if you think i am a whiner now..then so be it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif..like i care http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

AlmightyMike
05-23-2008, 11:20 AM
I know how real swat teams operate, however in real situations a swat team doesnt has to "spawntrigger" a bunch of tangos before they can flashbang a certain room.

And in real situations it is unlikely some tango may magically appear out of thin air right behind an operative when he is just looking another direction for a split second.

And i find it hard to believe that in reality, Tangos blindly rush into a certain spot where it is clear there is a "hostile"...the pile of corpses and blood all over the place should be a hint http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

I can go on for hours but i wont.

Peace.