PDA

View Full Version : Correct Ship Numbers

seawolf869
04-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Has anyone sunk more than 2 Nelsons in one career?

If so, i can see this game needs tweaking like SH1 did, when you could sink Yamato class BB's every day..........

Frederf221
04-28-2005, 06:20 PM
Some people have seen 4-5 or 9 Nelsons in ONE GROUP.

seawolf869
04-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Great. So much for historical accuracy.

In case you are wondering, there were only 2 ever built.

Therefore, sinking 1 would be worth getting a promotion to Admiral.

I'll assume that all the other capital ships are as unrealistically numerous.

What a shame. Takes away from the glory of actually sinking one if you know half-a-dozen more will be right over the horizon at some point.

HeibgesU999
04-28-2005, 10:20 PM
What realism level are you guys playing on?

You should download one of the no map marking mods.

What realism level did you play on in SH1? I played hundreds of patrols and only saw the Yamato once.

seawolf869
04-28-2005, 10:30 PM
I played SH1 on 115% realism.

Depending on whether you waited around for convoys, or snuck into harbors, I saw them all the time.

The level of realism didn't seem to have anything to do with how many of a certain ship existed in that game or this one for that matter.

hauitsme
04-28-2005, 10:35 PM
seawolf869:
The level of realism didn't seem to have anything to do with how many of a certain ship existed in that game or this one for that matter.

! ! EXACTLY ! !

seawolf869
04-29-2005, 12:32 AM
Not quite sure what you mean by "Exactly!" hauitsme.

It shouldn't matter what realism level you play the game on for it to be historically accurate.

I, like everyone else I hope, wants the game to be historically accurate. Therefore, if there were only 2 Nelsons built, then there should only be 2 Nelsons in the game. That goes for all ships in the game, even the great number that they are missing (and I do mean a lot).

And sinking a battleship with 1 torpedo is so unrealistic, its not even funny.

hauitsme
04-29-2005, 12:43 AM
If you can't understand what I mean when I agree totally with the quote(YOUR WORDS! !), go see a psychologist. You must be having brain farts.

seawolf869
04-29-2005, 11:26 AM
Sure. whatever.

Anyways, nevermind this topic.

everyone is more concerned with the game just running on their system than something as little as historical accuracy. One thing at a time.

btw, my game runs just fine (at least compared to the majority here).