PDA

View Full Version : Free roaming, nothing to do?

espeveslive.no
12-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Just have a curiouse question, when story mode is done, what happen when you bought all shops, collected all items in free roaming the city? sounds kinda boring when stoty mode is done?

blazefp
12-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah nothing to do when story is all done. You still have those "side objectives/quests" of the thiefs, Assassins, mercenaries, bombs and romanies. Besides that and the trophies, there's nothing left to do, which is understandable.
You always have the multiplayer if you get bored

Artemis88
12-12-2011, 03:21 PM
You have a few challenges for all four of the factions and bomb challengest too.

Just look in the DNA menu and go to the very end of it to find challenges.

There are also additional memories to as well - all of the animus data fragments, Ishak Pasha's memoir pages, viewpoints, treasure chests and I'm pretty sure there was something else too.

kriegerdesgottes
12-12-2011, 03:23 PM
This is the one thing that I think Ubisoft has just not been able to tackle and I think it's totally doable. There simply is nothing to do after the game is totally complete except walk around and stab people. For some, it's acceptable to just replay the game over and over which is ok once or twice maybe but game needs better replay value. I think this could be solved with constant mini games like the ones in red dead where you can always play liars dice or poker. Maybe they could add some game like they did in Brotherhood except that game wasn't very fun.

The best way imo to solve the issue is with random events. They did this to a degree in Brotherhood where people ambush you which is fine but they stop after you beat the game. In Revelations it was much worse where the missions are in fixed locations and rarely ever appear and the three that you find are boring and not fun. I'm repeating myself on this issue but they need to just do it like RDR did. That would def help replay value imo.

EzioAssassin51
12-12-2011, 03:30 PM
I found a lot of time in the Mediterranean Defense Game. Pretty much, you can manage assassins and put 5 in each city around Europe, opening more Assassin Slots and more apprentices to level up. It gives the game a lot more playing time, I still haven't leveled them all up and I've been doing it for about a week or so

rileypoole1234
12-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
This is the one thing that I think Ubisoft has just not been able to tackle and I think it's totally doable. There simply is nothing to do after the game is totally complete except walk around and stab people. For some, it's acceptable to just replay the game over and over which is ok once or twice maybe but game needs better replay value. I think this could be solved with constant mini games like the ones in red dead where you can always play liars dice or poker. Maybe they could add some game like they did in Brotherhood except that game wasn't very fun.

The best way imo to solve the issue is with random events. They did this to a degree in Revelations where people ambush you which is fine but they stop after you beat the game. In Revelations it was much worse where the missions are in fixed locations and rarely ever appear and the three that you find are boring and not fun. I'm repeating myself on this issue but they need to just do it like RDR did. That would def help replay value imo.

Agreed. I can replay the game to an extent, but it just gets to be too much. I still play RDR. There's so much to do in that. If an AC game had a system like that, I think it could easily be one of the best games of the current generation.

ProdiGurl
12-12-2011, 03:42 PM
For me, when a story is done & you've done most of the other stuff you like to do, the side stuff is meaningless.

I do all the side stuff during my gameplay so it seems like I'm just having a super long game experience & have bits of the main story to go back to once I get tired of the side stuff.

It seems to make the game go alot longer & have some purpose.
I can replay games over & over with no problem, I just alternate thru them so I've had time to forget alot of it & it seems new again lol

The best way imo to solve the issue is with random events.

That I like & it would make me feel like I'm still playing. That would be kool.

kriegerdesgottes
12-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
I found a lot of time in the Mediterranean Defense Game. Pretty much, you can manage assassins and put 5 in each city around Europe, opening more Assassin Slots and more apprentices to level up. It gives the game a lot more playing time, I still haven't leveled them all up and I've been doing it for about a week or so

Ok I've heard this before but I can't figure out how to do it. How do you get your assassins to stay in the place you send them? Maybe I just missed something but I've tried this and they just go out and come back just like in Brotherhood.

EDIT: just figured it out. I kind of like that you can do that but it's still only going to add so long to replay value. It's a good idea though

Sarari
12-12-2011, 04:42 PM
I have a lot more fun running around in Turkey than I did in Rome. Man did I hate Rome's city. I do miss the ruins though. They were fun to explore, even though I knew the place so well.

SolidSage
12-12-2011, 08:00 PM
MP free roam is the only way for Ubi to truly defeat the completionist blues. Allowing players to generate mission objectives For each other or themselves, (and share online too) like Assassination contracts, races, beat up challenges, etc.

But since we don't have that yet, this is what I do;
Start the story mode again in the second save slot.
This time, don't put any Master Assassins in your Dens, don't buy any armor or upgrade the initial weapon set, don't defend any dens in the Den defense game (do it old school), AND have a BLAST!

I guess you can upgrade as necessary to modify the difficulty as needed, but for an old hat Master Assassin like myself, 'naked' is the way to go. Well, except for that first set of spaulders that I think you HAVE to buy.

ProdiGurl
12-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
MP free roam is the only way for Ubi to truly defeat the completionist blues. Allowing players to generate mission objectives For each other or themselves, (and share online too) like Assassination contracts, races, beat up challenges, etc.

But since we don't have that yet, this is what I do;
Start the story mode again in the second save slot.
This time, don't put any Master Assassins in your Dens, don't buy any armor or upgrade the initial weapon set, don't defend any dens in the Den defense game (do it old school), AND have a BLAST!

I guess you can upgrade as necessary to modify the difficulty as needed, but for an old hat Master Assassin like myself, 'naked' is the way to go. Well, except for that first set of spaulders that I think you HAVE to buy.

haha, that sounds kinda kool. It's so opposite my play style, it sounds like a fun challenge.

But I DO have to continually change my dye jobs.
I make sure every time i meet w/ Sofia, I have a different outfit on or else she might get the wrong impression about me lol

I have a lot more fun running around in Turkey than I did in Rome.

Again, just the opposite here. haha. We seem to have very different preferences in some of this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sarari
12-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Lol it all starts with the origin http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SolidSage
12-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Here's a Sage Challenge, replay the memory where you have to race Yusuf to Topaki palace and get the minstrel disguise. 100% sync is beating Yusuf there but forget that, see if you can beat all 3 of the other recruits that race too.

You want replay value? I'm here to help. I need some assistance with Forum Member Challenges though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

ProdiGurl
12-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
Lol it all starts with the origin http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I so agree! lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

ProdiGurl
12-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
Here's a Sage Challenge, replay the memory where you have to race Yusuf to Topaki palace and get the minstrel disguise. 100% sync is beating Yusuf there but forget that, see if you can beat all 3 of the other recruits that race too.

You want replay value? I'm here to help. I need some assistance with Forum Member Challenges though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

hahah, hey thanks. Let's change your username to SolidSync instead http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I have a Q. since I cannot race for my life, I've never yet beat Yusuf there, I always fall of a building at the last minute.

Is that the part that Yusuf Parachutes? I've still never seen it.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

SolidSage
12-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Yusuf parachutes? Don't think so, haven't seen it myself anyway, think it's just roof running.

If your high speed free running is in need of 'refinement' this is a good mission for it. pick a recruit and tail him, stay close and follow his route. Good training.

Shame there weren't any of the flag races in this one.

Fluke1981
12-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
I have a Q. since I cannot race for my life, I've never yet beat Yusuf there, I always fall of a building at the last minute.

I had 4 missions left to get 100% sync on and was going through them last night, one of them was this. I didn't bother with running over the buildings in the end, I ran through the streets, climbed up at the finish won the race that way. So if like me you're constantly falling off buildings then try the streets.

SolidSage
12-13-2011, 11:29 AM
@Prodigurl
It is the one that Yusuf parachutes in, I saw it last night after hanging back and following him.
I haven't managed to beat the fastest recruit yet, I had him to the last roof before he hops across the pillar thingies but he bumped me and put me in second. I'm going to get it today for sure, Sagesync. I like your idea for the name but Solid's not doing it for me! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

@Fluke
Well a win is a win but I was hoping you would use your rooftop skillz to beat all the recruits, not just Yusuf.

ProdiGurl
12-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Fluke1981:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

I had 4 missions left to get 100% sync on and was going through them last night, one of them was this. I didn't bother with running over the buildings in the end, I ran through the streets, climbed up at the finish won the race that way. So if like me you're constantly falling off buildings then try the streets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did it that way on my first gameplay - but only bcuz I had fallen off a roof & just ran to the destination point lol.
That's why I thought I missed the parachute scene that some people had mentioned.

MaKaVeLiTL
12-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Fluke1981:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

I had 4 missions left to get 100% sync on and was going through them last night, one of them was this. I didn't bother with running over the buildings in the end, I ran through the streets, climbed up at the finish won the race that way. So if like me you're constantly falling off buildings then try the streets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Or just follow the recruits, they stay ahead of Yusuf.

Shaunzy95
12-14-2011, 02:53 AM
I like the free roam element. I use this time to unlock achievements I haven't got already. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

wanabgeek
12-14-2011, 09:25 PM
quote:
For me, when a story is done & you've done most of the other stuff you like to do, the side stuff is meaningless.

I do all the side stuff during my gameplay so it seems like I'm just having a super long game experience & have bits of the main story to go back to once I get tired of the side stuff.

I can replay games over & over with no problem, I just alternate thru them so I've had time to forget alot of it & it seems new again lol

quote:

I am the same way. I do all the missions etc while trying to finish the game which stretches it out. I have only just started playing ACB recently and by the time I unwrap ACR on xmas day I will have it finished. Who wants to just run through to the end of a game and not do everything, a lot of the side missions are training for other missions. It is so much fun. I should also add that these are the first AC games I have played, before that GTA was my game of choice.

ProdiGurl
12-15-2011, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by wanabgeek:
quote:

quote:

I am the same way. I do all the missions etc while trying to finish the game which stretches it out. I have only just started playing ACB recently and by the time I unwrap ACR on xmas day I will have it finished. Who wants to just run through to the end of a game and not do everything, a lot of the side missions are training for other missions. It is so much fun. I should also add that these are the first AC games I have played, before that GTA was my game of choice.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

So ACB is your first AC game too? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I just got into the series about 7 months ago. I rented Saints Row 2 last month & it was a real shocker lol
I wasn't used to plowing down pedestrians & killing cops. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
The shame about it tho was that it was too hard for me to do some of those jobs. I finally just gave it up. I think I'll stick w/ AC, Batman & the FPS stuff.
One day I might rent a GTA to see what the hype's all about.
But I really do like AC for taking me out of the FPS stuff. It's really a refreshing change.

Hope you like ACR - I think the missions are better in it than some of ACB's. I'm replaying that now.

wanabgeek
12-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Yup ACB is my 1st AC game and I have really enjoyed playing it. I am looking forward to playing ACR in a weeks time, 8 more sleeps til Christmas I have been informed lol. I am not sure if it is so for all copies of ACR, but in mine, they included a copy of the original AC game so I will also get to play that and will look into getting number 2, then after I play ACR I might start from the beginning and play them all as so far I haven't found another game yet that appeals to me. I haven't played GTA on the PS3 yet but I really enjoyed San Andreas. It had all the side missions etc as well as main story plots and occasionally my partner and I would play 2 player and free roam on a rampage, was quite cool. I have considered getting GTA4 but I think I prefer AC more. My partner wants me to play BF3, not sure if it is my thing though.

value_zero
12-16-2011, 02:39 PM
I love you so much, for being acb fans, im really ****ed i cant play it, cause my second gpu core being undetected from my windows, so it feels like ****ter, and it drives me crazy, i really want to fix that crap.

blazefp
12-16-2011, 03:34 PM
U want something to do after 100%? Here, enjoy and give more mad ideas (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3981008969/p/1)