PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!!!

Pivot2163
11-22-2004, 07:04 PM
Ok it all started yesterday. Had PF-Stand Alone +patch installed, everything was fine. Well after changing to CAT 4.11 with that **** CC&C then things began to go all wrong. Setting began changing among other things. So here's the delima, I figured what the heck, just uninstall PF and re-install. Did the usual add & remove, got partially through and stated couldn't remove try later. Went through it numerous times. Finally just delet the **** thing manually and clean the registry. Well low & behold upon trying the reinstallation it comes up and says I still need to remove the application. Well it always gets to the same point and halts. Does anyone have any ideas. The program still shows up in the add % remove section but the folder is gone, the registry is clean and I'm STUCK LIKE CHUCK!

Someone please help this really sucks being I just purchased this two weeks ago and it's one heck of a sim.

Pivot2163
11-22-2004, 07:04 PM
Ok it all started yesterday. Had PF-Stand Alone +patch installed, everything was fine. Well after changing to CAT 4.11 with that **** CC&C then things began to go all wrong. Setting began changing among other things. So here's the delima, I figured what the heck, just uninstall PF and re-install. Did the usual add & remove, got partially through and stated couldn't remove try later. Went through it numerous times. Finally just delet the **** thing manually and clean the registry. Well low & behold upon trying the reinstallation it comes up and says I still need to remove the application. Well it always gets to the same point and halts. Does anyone have any ideas. The program still shows up in the add % remove section but the folder is gone, the registry is clean and I'm STUCK LIKE CHUCK!

Someone please help this really sucks being I just purchased this two weeks ago and it's one heck of a sim.

Maple_Tiger
11-22-2004, 09:15 PM
Try running Tweak-XP prov4. You can download the trial version for free.

http://www.totalidea.com/frameset-products.htm

For the registry setting, choose all keys. Then try Add and remove.

Pivot2163
11-23-2004, 05:00 PM
Thank you very much, I got it by using a freeware prog. called Uninstall Dummy and it worked like a champ.

Thanks again for the reply though. I d-loaded your tweak xp as well. Going to check it out...

Pivot