PDA

View Full Version : Things we still need to finish off the IL2 Series

nearmiss
04-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Post onto this thread for reasonable things you think we need to finish off the IL2 series.

Most of us have been here for a while, you know there are things that cannot and will not be done. Don't put that stuff up, it's too late to keep banging on those drums.

Be practical, we might get another add-on to polish off the sim and some of the things you would appreciate may be included.

We need the following:

MAPS: try to be specific about map coverage

Rabaul,Palau with enough area to wage war from land bases against Rabaul.

Phillipines

Malta- the island of malta with the enough of s. Italy and N. Africa to manage the battles of Malta

Solomon Islands - with the island bordering the slot and W.N.W. of the islands

Truk

csThor
04-07-2007, 12:04 PM
None of this iwll happen. Any real Med maps are off limits as this area is planned for the SoW engine and both Maddox Games and RRG avoid the Pacific like the plague. This engine is finished (except the last things coming in the mythical 4.09) ... accept it.

nearmiss
04-07-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by csThor:
None of this iwll happen. Any real Med maps are off limits as this area is planned for the SoW engine and both Maddox Games and RRG avoid the Pacific like the plague. This engine is finished (except the last things coming in the mythical 4.09) ... accept it.

I'm saying it isn't over until it's over. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif
I wouldn't be surprised to see another addon before BOB releases. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

horseback
04-07-2007, 12:17 PM
It ain't over until the obese broad warbles...

I'm still hoping to see the range of the AI gunners pared down to something under 200m (hope springs eternal, ya know?).

cheers

horseback

Chivas
04-07-2007, 12:46 PM
I think its over as far as Oleg is concerned although I'm sure hes open to a third party paying for the rights to make addons.

Although 90% of the combat flight sim market will have moved on to the far more complex and immersive Storm of War series.

The series will live on with a very small community much like EAW, and CFS3 were people can happily mod the sim to fit their sense of reality.

~Salute~
Chivas

nearmiss
04-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Chivas:
I think its over as far as Oleg is concerned although I'm sure hes open to a third party paying for the rights to make addons.

Although 90% of the combat flight sim market will have moved on to the far more complex and immersive Storm of War series.

The series will live on with a very small community much like EAW, and CFS3 were people can happily mod the sim to fit their sense of reality.

~Salute~
Chivas

Negative prognostication with finality and woe.

Is there something wrong with my computer http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

<span class="ev_code_PINK">The subject of this thread is...</span>

Post onto this thread for reasonable things you think we need to finish off the IL2 series.

Most of us have been here for a while, you know there are things that cannot and will not be done. Don't put that stuff up, it's too late to keep banging on those drums.

Be practical, we might get another add-on to polish off the sim and some of the things you would appreciate may be included.

Chivas
04-07-2007, 01:11 PM
I know change is a very hard thing to deal with.

Aaron_GT
04-07-2007, 01:13 PM
If the ability to add some content gets handed off to a 3rd party as has been hinted at we might get some new stuff, but I got the impression that this would not include anything that needed any new code. I am guessing given the hints about how aircraft and objects are added that this would mean no new planes or objects, but possibly new maps? I would imagine that a Channel map would be out as that would be an obvious BoB:SoW conflict!

I suppose we will find out in due course. Fingers crossed for more maps. The question is which maps, and how big a map is allowed?

nearmiss
04-07-2007, 01:14 PM

Yes, yes I know woe, woe, ohhhhh nooooo - you're funny dude. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Chivas...hope it doesn't offend you. It's a beautiful Saturday morning before Easter and I'm feeling very UP this morning. Be cool, Happy Easter. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

Bearcat99
04-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Id like to see an added rocket loadout for Mustangs.

PBNA-Boosher
04-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Maps are not a reasonable thing to ask for, as they take hundreds upon hundreds of hours of work. It's not a simple "I'll paint water there and use this brush to raise the land" kind of job. It takes tons of time in 3D landscape editors. Producing a map is more work than producing an AI plane, I'd bet.

I'd say what we need most to finish off the IL2 series is imagination from its players. Ok, so you don't have a Rabaul map. Using what we currently have, go to the FMB and MAKE a Rabaul map with what objects you're given. Chris_Blair is the perfect example, with his excellent WSBS campaign.

DustyBarrels77
04-07-2007, 04:59 PM
we need more existing ai propellars as flyables.

ms406
h75-p36
su-2
Avenger
tenzan or kate
claude
ki44

some late varient

p-40s, hurricanes, spits are really needed

then some early war spitfires, and allison engine mustangs with cannon ac to give the emil a good planeset to fight against.

and of course the sm79 for italy

alot of the single engine fighters and duel prop ai only ac which are essential to many missions and more enjoyable then the fantasy junk we got.

we also need the dms of usn to be slightly stronger, and russian and german dms need to be weakened. I think its more then a weapon issue rather then .303s and .50s being incrediably weak and more of a dm problem after vast testing from all ammunition types same planeset vs sameplaneset etc.

correct 5000lb payload for the b25 and a20 not just the long range pacific 2500lb max for range.

Then we need the b25 ai hardnose variets and anti shipping versions flyables badly, also we need more ju88 varients flyable especially the hardnose varients. More mossie varients as well, im dreaming here but 1 4 engine flyable for each nation lancaster he117 pe8 b17/b24

some flying floats for all nations as well, does not seem to make sense to program the game a long time just to have 1 flyable float same for the 4 engine control.

and like bearcat said I would like to see hvars on the mustang

xTHRUDx
04-07-2007, 06:45 PM
-how about a generic cockpit for fighters and one for bombers so we can plug them into some AI planes.

-moving objects on DF maps

-Altitude selectable airstarts

-more maps

-ground handeling physics improved

-all weapon damage increased

flyingbullseye
04-07-2007, 10:04 PM
How about AI that doesn't defy all laws of physics while flying their a/c beyond any realistic characteristics of the actual aircraft.

csThor
04-07-2007, 11:25 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
Ok folks. Retain your dreams. I won't bother you anymore ... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

*mumbles something about weird stuff and smoking on his way out*

Chivas
04-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by flyingbullseye:
How about AI that doesn't defy all laws of physics while flying their a/c beyond any realistic characteristics of the actual aircraft.

If your having trouble with the AI I don't recommend that you try flying on-line against human pilots.

Skycat_2
04-08-2007, 12:46 AM
We only need three more planes as flyables:
- P-47D-40
- P-47N
- Typhoon IB

I'm willing to substitute any of these planes for a Skyraider though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Seriously though, the lack of torpedo bombers will forever be seen as a shortcoming in the series. I'd also like to have seen a few more bombers included, at least as AI (the Lancaster and the B-26 come to my mind immediately), if only for completeness' sake.

flyingbullseye
04-08-2007, 09:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flyingbullseye:

If your having trouble with the AI I don't recommend that you try flying on-line against human pilots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never said I had trouble with the AI, just the lack of its realism.

Aaron_GT
04-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Maps are not a reasonable thing to ask for, as they take hundreds upon hundreds of hours of work. It's not a simple "I'll paint water there and use this brush to raise the land" kind of job. It takes tons of time in 3D landscape editors. Producing a map is more work than producing an AI plane, I'd bet.

With the sim (AFAIK) not being an open architecure (like the CFS series for example) with regards to new aircraft (i.e. the require new code modules in the game engine itself) it might be that new maps are the only thing that are possible in terms of the architecture (which is what I was getting at) but I take your point - they would each be a huge task.

Recon_609IAP
04-08-2007, 09:53 AM
-moving objects on DF maps

definitely a big yes to.

There are many features a dogfight server could have.

I say: forget the new maps, new aircraft - give us the ability to add new gamemodes to the dedicated dogfighter server. You've given us plenty of toys to play with, but you haven't expanded *how* the game is played.

The quote above is a perfect example

If you can't do it yourselves, open that part up to the community - I bet you'd be surprised to see what creativeness can be made.

Chivas
04-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by flyingbullseye:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chivas:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flyingbullseye:

If your having trouble with the AI I don't recommend that you try flying on-line against human pilots. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never said I had trouble with the AI, just the lack of its realism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhh I see the statement was very vaque and still is. AI isn't real thats why its called Artificial Intelligence. Getting the AI right is one of the hardest things or even impossible to accomplish in Combat Flight Sims. The've done a decent job and hopefully it will be better in BOB.

~Salute~
Chivas

hendrix1998
04-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Some aircraft we need still is the

HE-219 Uho (Night Night)
The Hawker Typhoon
Sea Mosiquito
Sea Hurricane and the Sea Gladitor

TheGozr
04-10-2007, 05:16 PM
What really would be good to add is the same planes with different weapons setup like in RL so this would requier little in programming.

The generic pits like Thrud said witch would make many planes fly in server .

Ofcourse movable boats, car or train etc.. like the coops and for final if any new plane or pits if should be a "French" plane witch we don't have and this would be a premium necessity.

mcmmielli
04-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Open de the canopy for others planes of FB

Change the sound of ME´s engine:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/9891068845

Planes: Fokker DXXI - CW-21 - Avia B-534, all flayables...
Flayables: Me-210, MS406, Hawk75A-4, B17 and P-8.

And no more, I need BOB.

269GA-Veltro
04-11-2007, 03:37 AM
Plugins and tools to rework textures, cockpits and 3D models.

ED did it for Lock-On.

http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=18234

Deadmeat313
04-13-2007, 03:20 AM
Make smoke columns visible from huge distances, as a dark smudge.

T.

Chad4444
04-26-2007, 07:25 AM
I would like the mig 15 and 17 hehe

Col._King
04-26-2007, 08:35 AM
~S~

I don't want to add too much to this topic, fearing a loss of focus.

IMHO, a revised DM for the P-38. Actually they loose their tails way too easy in the sim. The P-38 was a very sturdy built aircraft, and was known to be able to sustain a lot of punishment and still bring the pilot back home.
If this can be fixed, I will claim myself as satisfied. This and other little tweaks to fix some shortcomings of the sim as it is now and I will be more than happy.

On the missing things, I have to agree to the fact we have to stay focused on what we can really get and what is at this stage unrealistic to expect.

Anyway, to dream about getting some new planes that by now are still sorely missing is not so bad.

Here a list of the ones that are most dreamed of to be flyiable:

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I
Hawker Typhoon Mk.Ib
Hawker Tempest Mk.V with late war powerplant.
Mitsubishi A5M4 Claude flyiable
Nakajima B5N2 Kate flyiable
Grumman TBF/TBM Avenger flyiable
FIAT G. 55 Centauro serie 1 flyiable
N.A. B-25J-solid nose flyiable (or B-25H)
Curtiss H-75 / P-36 flyiable
Mitsubishi Ki-21 flyiable
Nakajima Ki-44 Shoki / Tojo flyiable
Messerschmitt Bf-110C/C-4B flyiable
Messerschmitt Me-210/410 series flyiables
Henschel Hs-129 flyiable
Morane-Saulnier MS-406 flyiable
Dewoitine D. 520 flyiable
Arado Ar-196 flyable
Fairey Swordfish flyiable
Fairey Barracuda Mk.I flyiable
Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Flyiable (or AI)
Gladiator Mk.I / Mk.II flyiable
De Havilland Mosquito Mk.IV flyiable
Kawasaki Ki-45 Toryu / Nick flyiable
Mitsubishi Ki-46 series flyiables
Bristol Blenheim Mk.I / Mk.IV flyables
Lockheed P-38F / G / H flyiables
P-40N Warhawk flyiable
P-47N Thunderbolt flyiable
Northrop P-61 Black Widow flyiable

AI we still need in the sim:

PBY/PBN amphibian variant with wheeled landing gear
Mitsubishi G3M "Nell"
Martin B-26B / C Marauder
Avro Lancaster Mk.I / Mk.III
H.P. Halifax Mk.I / Mk.III
Mitsubishi F1M2 "Pete"
Aichi E13A1 "Jake"

I'm aware that we won't be able to get ALL of them. This is only a "Wish list" and it is to be taken with this in view. If only 4 or 5 of the planes of the list will comes trough to us to fly them, we'll have to be more than happy.

So please don't shoot at me only for expressing a wish that I know is shared by the most of you.
I know that what we can expect to get in a possible future patch or add-on will be way less of what is in the wish list. And even tought, I will be very grateful for all what will come.

~S~

Daiichidoku
04-26-2007, 08:42 AM
how about "nothing new at all"?

just fix the damn stuff that has been plagueing the game since inception

sounds, loadouts, FM/DMs...compressability for ALL planes, or NONE at all....etc etc etc

M_Gunz
04-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by nearmiss:
I wouldn't be surprised to see another addon before BOB releases. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Gonna have to be real soon then.

slappedsilly
04-27-2007, 09:00 AM
SoW would finish off the Il2 series quite nicely.

Ratsack
04-27-2007, 05:05 PM
The flat canopy for the Fw 190 A-8.
A droptank for same.

An SC250 for the Bf 109 F.
A droptank for same.

A couple of bombs for the Hurri IIc.
" " " " " " Spit Vc.

The coolest looking 109 G: the G-6 with the Erla canopy and the old horn-balanced rudder.

Yes, I'm superficial, but it's a game.

cheers,
Ratsack

Nimits
04-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Until/if the SoW series does a PTO sim, guys looking for Pacific Theater ops will stick to Pacific Fighters/1946.

JG53Frankyboy
04-30-2007, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Nimits:
Until/if the SoW series does a PTO sim, guys looking for Pacific Theater ops will stick to Pacific Fighters/1946.

that can be sayed for every IL2 scenario...... because the BOB 1940 one is not in the IL2 series http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Heliopause
04-30-2007, 01:41 AM
Fixing Nav lights?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/PauseHelio/grabHurric1.jpg

Cegull
05-01-2007, 06:22 PM
I always felt that a larger North Africa/ Mediteranian terrain should be introduced for a representative desert campaign. Plus there are quite a few desert skins out there for 109's, macchi's etc.. I also felt we deserved a better ship damage model.

LordTakeda
05-17-2007, 08:53 AM
The only plane i need is Henschel HS-129. I've been waiting to fly it since Il2 FB. Please, maek it flyable!

Philipscdrw
05-17-2007, 09:23 AM
As a former pizza-deliveryman I wholeheartedly agree.

cygfrain
05-17-2007, 10:24 AM
I'd like to see a tweek to the P-38 DM, it seems to loose its tail unit too easily when hit by enemy fire.

Later (faster) De Havilland Mosquito.

Spitfire XIV to finish off the RAF 2nd TAF capability for late ETO missions/campaigns.

Thanks

Prairie_Falcon
05-17-2007, 03:11 PM
This is just dreaming, but to have several of the AI aircraft become flyable would be a wonderful completion to this great Sim.

I would start with the heavy bombers B-17 and Pe-8 as the allied side needs flyable bombers. The B-24 would be awfully nice also(perhaps even the Blenheim and B-29).

Having the PBN and MBR-2 for Naval Recon missions would be a blast (maybe even add the H8K1!).

Of course we desperately need the TBF-1 or TBM for allied Pacific bombing/torpedo attack missions.

For rugged terrain outposts needing a plane for recon it would be a lot of fun to make missions flying the Storch Fi-156 (or the Ar-196 for river or lake-based outposts).

Having flyable transport planes such as the C-47, Li-2, and Ju-52 would open up many new possibilities in mission-making, where delivery of dropped cargo and survival would be the focus.

Ground attacks flying the Hs-129 would be a hoot and would also be a welcome addition.

As you see, the list could get quite lengthy, but any of the above would greatly expand the opportunities for creative mission and campaign-making in this classic combat flight sim. Mr. Maddox and crew have been more than generous already in providing numerous free additions. Personally, I would gladly pay for an addition which might include a few of the above items.

Thank you Mr. Maddox and team for all that you have given in creating and expanding this sim.

popse
05-17-2007, 03:37 PM
The Fokker, the Fokker, the Fokker,the Fokker!!!!! Ahhhrgggghhh

The F***ing Fokker!

BrotherVoodoo
06-02-2007, 02:34 PM
A Bearcat would be sweet!

R_Target
06-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Correct speed and loadout for F6F.

BSS_Vidar
06-02-2007, 05:46 PM
2nd on the Hellcat... Plus fix the Zekes diving/control capabilities. However, a kewel feature I'ld like to see to add emersion is pilot figures with moving heads that mirror your Track IR movement. AI heads do move in the game, so this shouldn't be a hard thing to add.

More and more of the Blacksheep are flying Lock On, and it's pretty kewel to "virtually" be looking at each other.

Me posin' in a Hawg
http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/blacksheepsquad/...rent=Pozin_Vidar.jpg (http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/blacksheepsquad/Lock%20On/?action=view&current=Pozin_Vidar.jpg)

Sniper and I grinin' in this shot under our O2 masks.
http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/blacksheepsquad/...t=Vidar-n-Sniper.jpg (http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/blacksheepsquad/Lock%20On/?action=view&current=Vidar-n-Sniper.jpg)

You might be able to recognize the land/water features behind the Eagles. It's the same map area, but way more detailed that IL-2's.