PDA

View Full Version : Replaying missions

mattwebber1992
03-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Im so annoyed with this. I know in AC1 you had to go through Al Mualim speaking but i didnt mind that.
However in AC2 you cant replay story missions and im sorry Ubi but that is a huge fault on ur behalf.
I think you missed the whole point of a video game with that because the best thing about a video game is you can replay any mission whenever and you want and dont have to replay the whole game just to get to one mission.

I mean AC2 is a great game, it would be greater if you could replay story missions though, maybe a patch should be made for this because i would replay AC2 alot more if i could replay story missions.

What does anyone else think?

caswallawn_2k7
03-17-2010, 06:58 PM
I think you missed the whole point of a video game with that because the best thing about a video game is you can replay any mission whenever and you want and dont have to replay the whole game just to get to one mission.
you will find the majority of games don't allow you to go back and replay missions, more so in this style of game.

the main reason they had mission replay in the first was because it was simple to implement as the game gave you your upgrades, meaning they just went back to what you would have at the start of that mission, but in AC2 you constantly buy weapons and armour meaning the game would of needed to keep track of what equipment you had in each memory block to allow you to go back to it, making the process much more complicated.

Cornik22
03-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Really? How about just keeping your current stuff and that's all? That would let you approach missions in completey different and new ways, making the game way more interesting to replay. "Yeah, but that wouldn't be realistic because at this or that point you weren't supossed to have this weapon or that ability". And... who cares? I've already played the whole game they way I was supossed to, enjoyed the plot, the mechanics, ... Now I want the freedom to do whatever I want whenever I want, just for FUN.

exile550
03-17-2010, 07:22 PM
You can't replay story mission in GTA and nobody complains.

Cornik22
03-17-2010, 07:27 PM
I complain. With story mission replay that game would be perfect 100%. And you forgot to mention they have included the feature in Ballad of Gay Tony.

exile550
03-18-2010, 07:57 AM
I have yet to play ballad of gay tony. I'm waiting for Episodes from Liberty City to come on PC!

Pariah80
03-18-2010, 11:02 AM
I think OP is right but clearly was misunderstood. In AC1 You could replay memory, in AC2 You can't. Arguing that in GTA or other games You can't do it also and noone complains is a bit missplaced, cuz in other games You can choose difirent slots for save and replay You most liked mission anytime. The point is lack of such ability in AC2, call it as You like, replay memory, save game etc. forces player to play the game another time if he want's to replay his most liked part of it (assuming he don't blew it up and must replay it)... and thats a BIG STEP back comparing to AC1 and other games.

thales.100
03-18-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Pariah80:
I think OP is right but clearly was misunderstood. In AC1 You could replay memory, in AC2 You can't. Arguing that in GTA or other games You can't do it also and noone complains is a bit missplaced, cuz in other games You can choose difirent slots for save and replay You most liked mission anytime.

Yes, thats the point.