PDA

View Full Version : Gun Aiming Improvements?

ZnorfRat
03-31-2010, 07:13 PM
I've been playing AC2 for a while and while using the pistol i've thought its aiming could be improved with some simple things...

There are only two things i think they could do:

Make it so when the line appears on the target, if it moves ezio's hand will follow it along with the line.

When the pistol is fullt aimed press unarmed hand button if you don't want to shoot and go back to doing your thing.

Just some quick suggestion i thought of what do you think?

El_Sjietah
03-31-2010, 07:19 PM
I never really use the gun, but those are some valid points.

Xanatos2007
04-01-2010, 01:22 AM
If you're aiming at your target and decide to hold your fire, just select your hidden blades or some other weapons.

adarwinter
04-01-2010, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
If you're aiming at your target and decide to hold your fire, just select your hidden blades or some other weapons.

ah. good tip. never thought of that.

but im on the very very last segment of the game now. will implement on 2nd playthrough http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rjcooper
04-01-2010, 09:54 AM
I thought the purpose of the gun was for the "long" distance assassinations. I was really rather bummed to find out that in order to aim properly you need to be within targeting distance, and if you aren't targeted you can't move (left,right,up,down) after you have the gun charged. If we aren't allowed to actually manually aim it then why create the little line to make it look like we have a laser sight? I wanna be able to manually aim it too so I can do sniping shots from across courtyards. If I gotta be close enough to target the person I might as well forget the gun and move 5 more feet so the "assassinate" option triggers with the hidden blade.

rimlanin09
04-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Yep, i want to be able to manually aim. Right now the gun isnt too useful, well its fun but:

1. Its loud, it basically screams "HEY GUARDS IM AN ASSASSINS RIGHT OVER HERE IM TRYING TO KILL THAT GUY", it gets the guards on you, which is not a good thing considering in most missions that means mission failed or the target runs away. (exept in free run where you shoudlnt care too much about combat)You can use two throwing knives to achieve the same effect, but silent.

2. Its too short range. The target range is even shorter than in AC1. I might as well go in with my hidden blade.

3. It takes time to aim, unlike the knives. Yep, not only are they more silent,you throw them instantly, you dont wait for ezio to aim.

4. Sometimes i may just want to shoot in the air to cause a commotion for some reason, would be nice to be able to aim for say; the sky.

5. Its ammo is more expensive than the throwing knives. Need i say more?

Summary:
Throwing knives > Hidden Gun.

Manual aiming would make it a lot better weapon.

Heelflip
04-01-2010, 04:28 PM
No, we should have flamethrowers with scopes!

Guns weren't precise at that time and they also didn't have silencers, the game's story is set in 15th century. It's actually weird that you can get bullets from a shop, because if I understood correctly, you're practically the only one that has a small version of a cannon at that time.
Besides, the whole point of weapon disadvantages is exactly that, disadvantages. You can choose a weapon that fits your approach to an assassination, it offers some tactical thinking. Knives cause detection, while gun kills instantly without you being detected by the target. Aiming with gun takes time, while you can do a hit-and-run with knives, and that's from a close distance. These are two differences that I can think off top of my head.

Having one ultimate best weapon would just make the game even more easier than it already is.
Ubisoft could give us the ability to use bow though. They could make it so that we had to aim at an angle. Imagine the satisfaction when you kill your assassination target from few buildings away by aiming at the sky.

Alex_HS
04-01-2010, 09:34 PM
The gun was a silly idea, one of many...

Like when you kill an archer the bow is there and the arrows are there.. and your target is in sight.

I think Ubi should put a bit more thought into the gameplay and mission design next time.

swn32
04-01-2010, 09:37 PM
I want to carry more bullets and increased range for the pistol.

Jack-Reacher
04-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Also there arent really that many opportunities to even use the gun, i decided to leave the assassination missions till the end and use it in them instead

Heelflip
04-02-2010, 05:51 AM
I was using the gun constantly. After you get it, there are many assassinations just begging you to use it.
For instance, your target has guards all around him. Getting closer would cause you to be detected by them, so you'd had to fight through them and your target might start running away. You can try by throwing knives, but when you throw one, you are detected and guards are in your line of "fire". So what to do? Aim with the gun, wait for the right moment and just shoot. Guards won't know what happened, they will investigate the body while you can just calmly walk away, no detection at all.

An_Idea
04-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by rjcooper:
I thought the purpose of the gun was for the "long" distance assassinations. I was really rather bummed to find out that in order to aim properly you need to be within targeting distance, and if you aren't targeted you can't move (left,right,up,down) after you have the gun charged. If we aren't allowed to actually manually aim it then why create the little line to make it look like we have a laser sight? I wanna be able to manually aim it too so I can do sniping shots from across courtyards. If I gotta be close enough to target the person I might as well forget the gun and move 5 more feet so the "assassinate" option triggers with the hidden blade.

you are still able to snipe people on the street from the rooftops. one time when i got bored i spied a Borgia courier and tailed him through Florence until finally sniping him off from the other side of the square.

the trick is to, when your going to kill them lock on and then they can still get pretty far away before the line dissapears

obliviondoll
04-04-2010, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by An_Idea:
you are still able to snipe people on the street from the rooftops. one time when i got bored i spied a Borgia courier and tailed him through Florence until finally sniping him off from the other side of the square.

the trick is to, when your going to kill them lock on and then they can still get pretty far away before the line dissapears
This.

Particularly when the target is running from you, your stay locked on distance is MUCH better than your lock on distance.

Target, wait, or move away, then fire. No suspicion.