PDA

View Full Version : How can I map my fourth and fifth mouse buttons to ingame controls?

Tfrogs1
09-09-2005, 10:40 PM
I somehow managed to do it on SCCT, but I can't on any other games. I heard that removing the driver software will enable it, but it didn't.
The game I'm trying to get it working on at the moment is Thief Deadly Shadows - it would be much better if I could have my fourth or fifth button as "use item".
My mouse is a Logitech MX518 8-button corded optical.
Maybe I can set it in the .ini files? If so, what would I write for the buttons? "mouse button 4"?

Thanks

Tfrogs1
09-09-2005, 10:40 PM
I somehow managed to do it on SCCT, but I can't on any other games. I heard that removing the driver software will enable it, but it didn't.
The game I'm trying to get it working on at the moment is Thief Deadly Shadows - it would be much better if I could have my fourth or fifth button as "use item".
My mouse is a Logitech MX518 8-button corded optical.
Maybe I can set it in the .ini files? If so, what would I write for the buttons? "mouse button 4"?

Thanks

quillan
09-10-2005, 07:06 AM
I think the problem is the games in question. I've got a Logitech MX310, and I have the same problem. Most newer games recognize the 4th and 5th buttons, but older ones don't. I haven't found any software that directly lets you set it, but I do know a workaround. What do you normally use buttons 4 and 5 for? I use mine as the forward and backwards browser buttons. If you go into Mouseware (download the latest version from Logitech), you can set those buttons to whatever you want. If you assign button 4 to the P key, as an example, now the game should recognize it. Mouseware doesn't have any profile settings though, so it won't automatically change configurations when you start up a game. For that, I think you need the new G5 gaming mouse with its new software.

Tfrogs1
09-10-2005, 09:00 AM
Ah yes, I suppose that is one way to do it...
I'll try it out when I get around to reinstalling my MouseWare. Thanks! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif