PDA

View Full Version : AI's bombing technique in F4F Wildcat (v3.02b)

crozic
12-20-2004, 05:42 AM
I'm playing a USN Guadalcanal campaign in a F4F-4. I've noticed that AI-controlled Wildcats in my squadron like to bomb from horizontal or shallow dive, and they do that without orders (I am the flight leader). I am pretty sure this wasn't happening before 3.02b (I played the same campaign with 3.01 and restarted after patching to 3.02b).

Also their bombing accuracy is much better now, roughly 80%. Prior to 3.02b it used to be more like 20%, which sounds more reasonable for that kind of airplane and the light (100 lb) ordnance it carries.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is there something the player can do, short of reverting to 3.01, to make the AI Wildcats act the way they used to?

crozic
12-20-2004, 05:42 AM
I'm playing a USN Guadalcanal campaign in a F4F-4. I've noticed that AI-controlled Wildcats in my squadron like to bomb from horizontal or shallow dive, and they do that without orders (I am the flight leader). I am pretty sure this wasn't happening before 3.02b (I played the same campaign with 3.01 and restarted after patching to 3.02b).

Also their bombing accuracy is much better now, roughly 80%. Prior to 3.02b it used to be more like 20%, which sounds more reasonable for that kind of airplane and the light (100 lb) ordnance it carries.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is there something the player can do, short of reverting to 3.01, to make the AI Wildcats act the way they used to?